Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Port Royal GA Gate
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:44 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I would like to thank all of the teams including Lucas Wolfe and the Zemco team for supporting this deal, I understand why Hodnett, Marks, Dewease and Ryan Smith skipped it to go to Lincoln but it's a bit troubling that there's very little loyalty from some of the teams, Mike Heffner made the statement earlier in the year that he was proud to be a Port regular, maybe that means something other than what I think it should. I'll probably get jumped on for giving my opinion on this, All Star points, Port scheduling against them, etc, etc, but it's my opinion, I've been going to sprint car races since the '80s and it's just so much different now and not for the better.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:14 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

When My Wife sent in the check for our season passes , we didn't know about the ADDED WOO. show in October . So now the whiners will complain when we get a "freebie", shame on us . In my opinion the PRS Promotional Team hit a home run last night .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:07 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I thought it was a great promotional change up that solved the issue of making up 6 features. There will be people who will complain (& Bit#$) about something or everything all the time. Waste of brain matter to even care. I paid for my general admission ticket both nites of the rain outs and it bothered me not one tiny bit that there were people there who did not pay to attend neither. The folks that sat next to us were first timers at Port and they loved it and will definitely be there again. That's 4 new fans!!!!

Credit should also be given to the Port announcers and PR (sorry forget his name) but they did a great job of providing distractions for the crowd from time to time. The natives were sure to get restless and doing the wave, trivia games, playing music, etc. helped fill the time. It wasn't constant yakity yak, nicely done for an hour of unplanned down time at the worst possible time. However, the interesting part was that it allowed the moisture to come back up in the track and made for great features for the Sprints and Late Models.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:31 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

That is Shane Armstrong. He started with Port last season in a promotional position and also works during the Fair and helps with manual scoring when they are short. A good addition. They tried to come up with YMCA during the delay but couldn't find the track on any of the discs or players. I think he ran out of hats and shirts too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:48 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I will definitely be back to Port after that show. Excellently run -- my fiance who often times gets bored at the races (WG and Hagerstown) was even having a great time. The races were all exciting and the atmosphere was great thanks to the announcer. From the beach balls, to the wave. When he first started trying to get people to do the wave we said "Haha, nobody will do that at the races" and sure enough a couple minutes later everyone was doing it. Really unfortunate about the lights but it definitely gave the announcer a chance to earn his paycheck, and he definitely did in my book.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Hagerstown: 5
Potomac: 3
Lincoln: 1
Path Valley: 1
Susquehanna Speedway Park: 2
Williams Grove: 4
Virginia Motor Speedway: 1
Winchester: 3
Trail Way: 2
Port Royal: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:49 pm 
Legend
Legend

[quote="taurus014"]They tried to come up with YMCA during the delay but couldn't find the track on any of the discs or players. quote]

Good!

2014 races : 37

Port Royal 14
Williams Grove 16
Lincoln. 3
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:17 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Brent Leach wrote:
taurus014 wrote:
They tried to come up with YMCA during the delay but couldn't find the track on any of the discs or players.

Good!

:ohyeah: I thought I was the only one that can't stand that song. :notlistening:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Some comments made to myself and other officials at Port by first time visitors or those who have not been there in many years. "Where's the roof?" "I will never come back because you play satanic music on the PA!" "Aren't there vendors who walk through the stands with drinks and sandwiches anymore?" "Which car is Dale Jr?" "Why are you checking everyone's cooler?" "Throw the yellow! There's a baby bird on the track in turn two!" "Why aren't there more seats?"

All in all a great time and a lot of fun, but I wouldn't want to do it every week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:42 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I am an old geezer now but I think the Hells Bells music is one of coolest things I have heard in a long time when they push off at the bells then it builds to the start of the feature.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:02 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

longtimefan wrote:
I am an old geezer now but I think the Hells Bells music is one of coolest things I have heard in a long time when they push off at the bells then it builds to the start of the feature.

:yessss: :clap:

Hagerstown - 9
Winchester - 5
Path Valley - 1
Williams Grove - 1

https://www.facebook.com/brettroseracingengines