Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:14 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Port Royal GA Gate
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:16 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Does anyone know when the gate opens on the GA side. Also, is it like Lincoln where certain seats are reserved? If so which seats?

My first time going to Port,
Thanks,
Jeff.

Hagerstown: 6
Potomac: 4
Lincoln: 2
Path Valley: 1
Susquehanna Speedway Park: 3
Williams Grove: 6
Virginia Motor Speedway: 1
Winchester: 8
Trail Way: 4
Port Royal: 1

Post subject: Re: Port Royal GA Gate
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:32 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

all the reserved seats are stickered and scattered throughout, you should have no problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:13 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Gates open at 4:00. General Admission will be allowed in pits until 5:30.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:39 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Port also has an infield like the Grove and Lincoln, so you may wanna take a lawn chair.

Path Valley - 2
Williams Grove - 5
Maple Grove - 1

38 races for 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/brettroseracingengines
Finish Line columnist for The Journal-News Martinsburg,WV

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:16 am 
Legend
Legend

One unique thing about Port Royal is that since its a fairgrounds you can show up and park anytime you want. There is a flea market starting early morning and then a lot of tailgating in the parking lots until race time. Camera night in the pits from 4:00 - 5:30 and a free band are added additions for this week. Come early and enjoy the day.

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:45 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Stupid question: are reserved seats still honored since this is sort of a bonus show?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:02 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Reserved seats are season reserved and honored for every event held. This is only a bonus for those who didn't attend the original events. Contrary to the thought of many this isn't really a free show by Port, really what has happened is that the people who attended the original dates have paid for the show, it isn't a free show for them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:55 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

why do you say that?? Cause all the qualifying was finished when the rain hit.. Sprint feature was on the track both times.. So technically the track doesn't have to honor the rain checks or let you in tonight for free.. They could have just added the features to another night you paid to get in...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:58 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

You are right they didn't have to do this but it got out of hand with too many features to make up. The people who already paid are only seeing the races that they already paid for, the same with competitors. Some seem to think that a track can do this and pay the purse that they are on consession sales. By the way I am a season pass holder so no I didn't have to pay later to see these races. As Brent Leach said a while back we are actually losing a race in this but the track could never have made all these races up, once you get into July there is already extra things to get done most race nights from then on with all the special shows. It probably was the best thing to do. Although reduced admission as it was already to be would have made more sense and more people than you might think agree with that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:12 pm 
Legend
Legend

They got 4 of us coming tonight so the promotion worked. :cheers2: :cheers2:

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:23 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I agree with longtime fan we who supported the track for the two rain outs made it possible for the free night. So you are welcome Bill Mc and enjoy your night at the speed palace.

The track should have at least done something for the "rain check holders" I asked a track official to at least do something for us like letting us in an hour early to get seats or a free hot dog and he liked the idea. He called some higher ups while we were speaking to him and they shot the idea down.

So the lesson learned is not to go to the races with any hint of rain, because it seems the support is not appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:47 pm 
Legend
Legend

Thank you very much. :thumbleft:

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:11 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

dustyroad wrote:
I agree with longtime fan we who supported the track for the two rain outs made it possible for the free night. So you are welcome Bill Mc and enjoy your night at the speed palace.

The track should have at least done something for the "rain check holders" I asked a track official to at least do something for us like letting us in an hour early to get seats or a free hot dog and he liked the idea. He called some higher ups while we were speaking to him and they shot the idea down.

So the lesson learned is not to go to the races with any hint of rain, because it seems the support is not appreciated.

You and longtimefan hit the nail on the head. I have a season ticket and if there's 410's in the pits at Port, I'm there and it's been that way for basically my entire 28 years on earth. Overall, the new promotional team has done a great job but I won't defend them on this one. Many people already paid to see these races and they should get something. Us season ticket holders did too plus throw in the fact that they basically cancelled a race to have this fan appreciation deal, and we lose yet another race. The people with rain checks should certainly get something. It hasn't been mentioned yet that the race a few weeks ago was rained out 9 laps in it shouldn't have been. They did a pi$$ poor job of running the show that night. So much screwing around that it wasn't funny then decided to WASTE 45 minutes on fireworks while the rain moved in from the north. If they'd pushed the program through like Lincoln always does, the sprint feature certainly would've been completed and most likely the late models too. I don't see how this is at all a way of appreciating the fans because the only people getting anything for nothing or at any reduced cost whatsoever are people who weren't there for either rain out and people who aren't race fans who are just coming to get something for nothing. The people who support the place every week are getting ecrewed and I don't think its right.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:31 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

dustyroad wrote:

what are you talking about? did you not read pajamies post? anytime you pay to get into the races there is a chance that it can be a rain shortened event, you also know coming in that if they complete qualifying before the rain comes you will not get a refund. As pajamie said they could have added these features to another show that you would have to pay for, instead the track opens the gates for free allowing you to get WHAT YOU PAID FOR but thats not good enough for you, your jealous of the fans getting in for free tonight and think that entitles you to a discount of some sort. Really? WTF? your right they should have not run the features period, just score them where they qualified and never run the race, that way you were not taken advantage of for supporting the track :cwm4: Lontimefan, am i reading your post right that you think they should have had dicounted admission tonight instead of free? do you realize you would have to pay again to see the features you already paid to see because they dont offer rainchecks or refunds when all the qualifying is complete? You folks that paid for the 2 rainouts are getting exactly what you paid for nothing more nothing less, dont be jealous because some other folks get in free tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:35 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

CH_88 wrote:
dustyroad wrote:

You and longtimefan hit the nail on the head. I have a season ticket and if there's 410's in the pits at Port, I'm there and it's been that way for basically my entire 28 years on earth. Overall, the new promotional team has done a great job but I won't defend them on this one. Many people already paid to see these races and they should get something. Us season ticket holders did too plus throw in the fact that they basically cancelled a race to have this fan appreciation deal, and we lose yet another race. The people with rain checks should certainly get something. It hasn't been mentioned yet that the race a few weeks ago was rained out 9 laps in it shouldn't have been. They did a pi$$ poor job of running the show that night. So much screwing around that it wasn't funny then decided to WASTE 45 minutes on fireworks while the rain moved in from the north. If they'd pushed the program through like Lincoln always does, the sprint feature certainly would've been completed and most likely the late models too. I don't see how this is at all a way of appreciating the fans because the only people getting anything for nothing or at any reduced cost whatsoever are people who weren't there for either rain out and people who aren't race fans who are just coming to get something for nothing. The people who support the place every week are getting ecrewed and I don't think its right.

How are you getting screwed? you get to see the races you paid to see, why should you get anything else? because a non fan gets to see races for free? cmon guys, thats some weak logic, jealousy in any form is always ugly, but dont take your jealousy out on the track, this was the best call for all involved.