XxX Chassis

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

XxX Chassis

Post by Shuey21 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Another top team in PA switched to XxX Chassis. Heffner posted a picture of the 27 and its a XxX.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

uncle geek
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: XxX Chassis

Post by uncle geek » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Made the switch at the end of last season.Pic from Sucky 2014.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016, What a long strange trip.

zepplinrox
Legend
Legend

Post by zepplinrox » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Big Pic for the visually impared :doh:
"zepplinrox"- Brian

Race photos on zepplinrox personal site- http://zepplinrox.smugmug.com

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Thanks again to Mr. Heffner for his support to PA sprint car racing. His cars are good looking, fast and he seems to be a fair judge of driver talent.
:cheers2: to one of the few big time sprint car owners we have left

BTW the new 27 looks sweet

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:12 am

I guess Sprintcar racing is going the way of the country! Can't wait for the Chinese 410 motor and a Solus right rear!
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

RunWYB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RunWYB » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:50 am

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:I guess Sprintcar racing is going the way of the country! Can't wait for the Chinese 410 motor and a Solus right rear!
New bomb - well stated. American businessman turning his back on other American businessmen for a foreign made chassis.....his money - his choice.......disappointing. Will pull for an outlaw in all American equipment over someone in a XXX.

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:40 am

Ok, I'm confused and I'm sure I will be quickly educated, lol... But isn't xXx from Burlington, WA???

And instead of bashing some of the top Sprintcar teams in the world for using a "foriegn chassis", I'm more interested in finding out what is wrong with all these other chasis companies that is making people leave them and go to xXx one right after another...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:51 pm

XXX chassis are made in China to the specifications of the Washington facility. The Washington facility inspects the chassis once they are shipped to the USA to make sure it meets specs and make minor modifications.
Last edited by Bernie Lomax on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GOSHOW
Legend
Legend

Post by GOSHOW » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:23 pm

JTR13 wrote:Ok, I'm confused and I'm sure I will be quickly educated, lol... But isn't xXx from Burlington, WA???

And instead of bashing some of the top Sprintcar teams in the world for using a "foriegn chassis", I'm more interested in finding out what is wrong with all these other chasis companies that is making people leave them and go to xXx one right after another...

Price....One of the most thrown away parts today is the chassis so why would you buy the most expensive one when the bargain chassis works just as well.

jcwracing10
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by jcwracing10 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:32 pm

GOSHOW wrote:
JTR13 wrote:Ok, I'm confused and I'm sure I will be quickly educated, lol... But isn't xXx from Burlington, WA???

Price....One of the most thrown away parts today is the chassis so why would you buy the most expensive one when the bargain chassis works just as well.
GOSHOW hit it. If you can buy 5 frames for the same price as 3 from another source, what would you do? I have noticed alot of the teams that have switched to XXX are the ones that used to run Maxim's. Interesting fact though, if you want a car that is anything custom, the car will be made in Washington. I got prices for brand new J&J and XXX for a car the exact same dimensions (not 87x40) and XXX was over $300 more than J&J.

Another interesting tidbit, last few sets of brand new Winters front hubs have stickers right on them that say made in Taiwan.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:35 pm

RunWYB wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:I guess Sprintcar racing is going the way of the country! Can't wait for the Chinese 410 motor and a Solus right rear!
New bomb - well stated. American businessman turning his back on other American businessmen for a foreign made chassis.....his money - his choice.......disappointing. Will pull for an outlaw in all American equipment over someone in a XXX.
Me too! Do any outlaw teams run them?
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:37 pm

hotrodney wrote:
RunWYB wrote:
Me too! Do any outlaw teams run them?
Schuchart and Allen.

RunWYB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RunWYB » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:18 pm

Bernie Lomax wrote:XXX chassis are made in China to the specifications of the Washington facility. The Washington facility inspects the chassis once they are shipped to the USA to make sure it meets specs and make minor modifications.
....and why do you think they have them built in China. Wouldn't have anything to do with labor costs. I know for a fact a Mach 1 410 chassis is $3,000.00 compared to $2,000.00 for a xxx. Mark and Jason have no idea how you can build one for that price......simple the Communist gov't of China supplements most Chinese manufacturers.....to put American manufacturers out of business.

I was one of the loudest applauders of Hodnett tenacity and skill especially after the balls to the wall - elbows up drive at Selinsgrove in rough conditions.....I also think Mike Heffner is a class act.....just disappointed in the blue collar world of sprint car racing - now going foreign.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:02 pm

RunWYB wrote:
Bernie Lomax wrote:XXX chassis are made in China to the specifications of the Washington facility. The Washington facility inspects the chassis once they are shipped to the USA to make sure it meets specs and make minor modifications.
....and why do you think they have them built in China. Wouldn't have anything to do with labor costs. I know for a fact a Mach 1 410 chassis is $3,000.00 compared to $2,000.00 for a xxx. Mark and Jason have no idea how you can build one for that price......simple the Communist gov't of China supplements most Chinese manufacturers.....to put American manufacturers out of business.

I was one of the loudest applauders of Hodnett tenacity and skill especially after the balls to the wall - elbows up drive at Selinsgrove in rough conditions.....I also think Mike Heffner is a class act.....just disappointed in the blue collar world of sprint car racing - now going foreign.

And the American people have no problem helping the Chinese to accomplish their goals. I really don't think racing engines are far behind. American businessmen are in the business of making money. How they make it, they don't care. We will soon have to learn to read Chinese so we can read the sponsor decals. Maybe they will just continue to use letters and an engine might be a yyy.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

FanfromMd
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FanfromMd » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:06 am

Guys it's not just cheaper labor costs. It's a lower total cost of manufacture.
-Yes, far cheaper labor assembly
- cheaper materials
- no added costs from unions
- no added cost from EPA regs.
-no added cost from OSHA regs.
- maybe a lesser quality material

Thank you Mr. Heffner for fielding some very competitive cars and to all the other owners that use there hard earned money to field a car in the sport I love to watch.
Fight Liberalism with common sense and facts.