XxX Chassis

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
harddrive
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: XxX Chassis

Post by harddrive » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:49 am

FanfromMd wrote:Guys it's not just cheaper labor costs. It's a lower total cost of manufacture.
-Yes, far cheaper labor assembly
- cheaper materials
- no added costs from unions
- no added cost from EPA regs.
-no added cost from OSHA regs.
- maybe a lesser quality material

.... thank you .......... the answer can be found in any Economics 101 book :doh: ....... I think some of the books come in pictures
Last edited by harddrive on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of Sprntlover's Babysitting Service
Pa Posse Says Race or Shut Your Pie Hole!
Work hard & become a leader. Be lazy & end up a slave.
I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

jcwracing10
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by jcwracing10 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:58 am

As an employee of a company who manufactures parts here in PA, and also sources parts from overseas. Sometimes its not as easy as just having parts made overseas for less.

I know for a fact we have tried to source parts in the US, and some places want an outrageously high quantity before they will even look at it. If you sell 200 pieces of one item per year, and a manufacturer in the US wants you to guarantee them an order minimum of 10,000 pieces, that is not good business on your part. That puts you in a situation where you have to source it elsewhere, otherwise your sitting on parts you have to sell for pennies worth of profit in order to move.
There was another part we were getting pricing from in the US, and they promised us the samples would be delivered on a specific date. When that date came and passed, rather than trying to continue to produce the part to keep our business, they just stopped and scrapped the entire project.

GOSHOW
Legend
Legend

Post by GOSHOW » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:50 am

jcwracing10 wrote:As an employee of a company who manufactures parts here in PA, and also sources parts from overseas. Sometimes its not as easy as just having parts made overseas for less.

I know for a fact we have tried to source parts in the US, and some places want an outrageously high quantity before they will even look at it. If you sell 200 pieces of one item per year, and a manufacturer in the US wants you to guarantee them an order minimum of 10,000 pieces, that is not good business on your part. That puts you in a situation where you have to source it elsewhere, otherwise your sitting on parts you have to sell for pennies worth of profit in order to move.
There was another part we were getting pricing from in the US, and they promised us the samples would be delivered on a specific date. When that date came and passed, rather than trying to continue to produce the part to keep our business, they just stopped and scrapped the entire project.
The American way..We kill ourselves not the other way around. Don't get me wrong I love this country but we need to wake up. Business is simple revenue vs expense, so you cut the expense or become innovative with ways to make more revenue. Be more productive with less and if we don't by by business.

rahmer_nation_fan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rahmer_nation_fan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:01 am

I have heard the Triple X's are also very good at responding to changes the crews make to the cars. I have also seen a few more J & Js out there.
2016 Race Count-24
Williams Grove-8
Lincoln-11
Susquehanna-2
Port Royal-3

2015: 70 races
2014: 63 races

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:51 pm

What is find funny is I just went to Triple X's website, and even though they are based in Washington, if you look at their website and all the pictures you would swear the were based right here in Central PA, lol...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:18 pm

The way it works with most people is that they are all for buying American made when someone else is paying the bill but when they are paying they buy the imported products. Sort of like most want the Mexican border closed but they want the low food prices that the almost slave labor that crosses the border gives them.

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Let's not forget, aside from price, manufacturing practices etc. XXX cars are winning a lot of races. We all know that since the beginning of time, most drivers and car owners will practically sell their soul to the devil to win races. If a chassis that costs twice as much would get them twice the wins, you'd see a lot of people running them even if a chassis that isn't winning races, is half the price. Its always been about results for most of these guys, especially the big money teams and if they think that something will win them more races, they're going to try their best to get it. If that product is cheaper than the others, that's an added bonus. Personally, I don't care what products the teams choose to use. That's 100% their choice and if they want a chassis or engine that's made in China, that's their prerogative. I'm just appreciative that they're willing to spend the money to do it and put on a show for us each weekend.
Last edited by CH_88 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Way she goes.............

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:41 pm

How bout you guys rooting against xXx drivers take a look at the tag on your shirt and see where that was made :roll: and what kind of cars are you driving?

Thanks to all the teams for spending your hard earned money for our enjoyment, no matter what you choose to run :clap:

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:40 am

BlueOnBlack21 wrote:How bout you guys rooting against xXx drivers take a look at the tag on your shirt and see where that was made :roll: and what kind of cars are you driving?

Thanks to all the teams for spending your hard earned money for our enjoyment, no matter what you choose to run :clap:
I don't have a favorite driver right now. It used to be Jim Nace. Since then....I guess it would have to be Davey Heskin. But I rarely get to see him race. When I go to the races I am hoping for a good race....could careless who wins.....all though I do like some drivers more than others....and as far as what Chassis they are using....I really don't care at all!! If the owner wants to purchase there stuff on the moon that is fine by me.
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:48 am

longtimefan wrote:The way it works with most people is that they are all for buying American made when someone else is paying the bill but when they are paying they buy the imported products. Sort of like most want the Mexican border closed but they want the low food prices that the almost slave labor that crosses the border gives them.
Well I own two Chevrolets. I can't help it if GM chooses to have half the parts imported. That is sad. As far the tag on a shirt, does anybody make a shirt in this country. Everybody has a cellphone a big screen TV and a pair of shoes. Guess what we don't make any of them. The list is endless. Now sprintcar racing is following suit. I don't buy the excuses. It's disgraceful and UN-American. Isn't dirt track racing supposed to be the grassroots of racing in America?? Apparently NOT! When everybody is working at McDonalds & WalMart because we don't have the desire or ability to make anything, then look in the mirror and you will see the problem.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:12 am

jcwracing10 wrote:As an employee of a company who manufactures parts here in PA, and also sources parts from overseas. Sometimes its not as easy as just having parts made overseas for less.

The simple solution to that problem is make it yourself. If you can't afford the machinery or employees to do the job, then you shouldn't be in that business. That is called Outsourcing or The America Way. The other places where you tried to have it done have made that investment. Quite obviously an American Company can't compete with countries that pay 50 cents an hour and don't pay benefits of any kind.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:35 am

I look at it this way, if buying a foriegn chassis cause they are of equal quality and safety and cheaper is the difference between 3 Rahmer cars vs. 1 Rahmer car, or the different between Bobby Allen getting to help his son and grandson fullfill their dream of being WOO Sprint car racers vs. not, or helps Jeff Marks and Brad Wilt be able to field cars for their sons, then I'm all for it and in no way look at that as being un-American...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

jcwracing10
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by jcwracing10 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:38 am

Its really not that simple. Your just not buying equipment, hiring employees, and putting out a new product. The cost to get the equipment, finding the space to install it, having it installed, not to mention the increase in cost in running that machinery, and new materials. The cost incurred when setting up everything and starting to make the parts. All of your engineers adding time to write the programs to make sure the parts made are being made exactly to spec. Then finally, your hiring new staff to run those machines, but before that, the value added to train those people. Add on more work for your maintenance as well because its more equipment to make sure it is working correctly. Each new person in the door doesn't cost a company a what they are paid per year. Its actually closer $100,000 per person with salary, benefits, etc.

Also looking back at history, there have been alot of parts that have been made overseas for 50-60 years on American made vehicles. I am sure you have no problem watching a TV made from Japan.

If you don't believe me that's fine, and I know it seems like a lot of excuses, but just understand there's more to a product that plugging in a machine, flipping a switch and going to town. If you know a way to do it, I'm sure we would be happy to work together.

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:00 am

A few things that I get tired of is companies complaining about not having business but will only deal with high quanity customers. Just last week I heard a local building contractor say that his window supplier is going to drop him unless he buys $200,000 worth of windows per year. I understand that they don't make as much from him as they do Lowes or Home Depot but do you really think that they lose money dealing with him. The same thing is happening with farm equipment dealers around here, John Deere, Case IH ect. only want to deal with companies that own several dealerships across different counties. There are no independently owned shops in Juniata anymore. Last year when I bought my Plasma Cutting table I looked for U.S. made and found it at a competitive price for the technology. It took some research to find it but when I call tech support I can understand the guy on the phone and it has only taken a couple of days to get the couple of parts that I have needed. They build the tables in house so they have all the components on hand all the time. Some that I talked to said wait until something breaks and it takes six months to get parts. Of course they talking from their experience with their imported equipment. As for what jcwracing10 is talking about there are many cases where if you don't have full time work for equipment it is cheaper to outsource the work. I do that with a lot of farm work because it costs less to hire a custom operator to do someting than to own equipment that is only used a few days a year.
Last edited by longtimefan on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

trecraft
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trecraft » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:01 am

When the TPP makes Viet Nam a cheaper :broccoli: place to manufacture a chassis than China, you'll be reading about the Ho Ho Ho Chassis.