XxX Chassis

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
jcwracing10
Pit Member
Pit Member

Re: XxX Chassis

Post by jcwracing10 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:19 am

Getting back on topic of racing, I do want to point out that I do not run XXX cars, I have only run J&J's. Reason being, I am fond of their product quality, and service. I have no plans of running anything else.
With that being said, the few times I have talked to XXX they have been nothing but respectful, open minded, and understanding of me and my opinions.

GOSHOW
Legend
Legend

Post by GOSHOW » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:49 pm

longtimefan wrote:A few things that I get tired of is companies complaining about not having business but will only deal with high quanity customers. Just last week I heard a local building contractor say that his window supplier is going to drop him unless he buys $200,000 worth of windows per year. I understand that they don't make as much from him as they do Lowes or Home Depot but do you really think that they lose money dealing with him. The same thing is happening with farm equipment dealers around here, John Deere, Case IH ect. only want to deal with companies that own several dealerships across different counties. There are no independently owned shops in Juniata anymore. Last year when I bought my Plasma Cutting table I looked for U.S. made and found it at a competitive price for the technology. It took some research to find it but when I call tech support I can understand the guy on the phone and it has only taken a couple of days to get the couple of parts that I have needed. They build the tables in house so they have all the components on hand all the time. Some that I talked to said wait until something breaks and it takes six months to get parts. Of course they talking from their experience with their imported equipment. As for what jcwracing10 is talking about there are many cases where if you don't have full time work for equipment it is cheaper to outsource the work. I do that with a lot of farm work because it costs less to hire a custom operator to do someting than to own equipment that is only used a few days a year.
Correct...That dime stacking adds up to dollars. There is no reason to not do business unless it is at a loss. It doesn't have to be someone that buys a lot all the time. As far as outsource the work, we use independent contractors for hauling because it makes more business sense than buying or renting a fleet of trucks and hiring employees.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:10 pm

jcwracing10 wrote:Its really not that simple. Your just not buying equipment, hiring employees, and putting out a new product. The cost to get the equipment, finding the space to install it, having it installed, not to mention the increase in cost in running that machinery, and new materials. The cost incurred when setting up everything and starting to make the parts. All of your engineers adding time to write the programs to make sure the parts made are being made exactly to spec. Then finally, your hiring new staff to run those machines, but before that, the value added to train those people. Add on more work for your maintenance as well because its more equipment to make sure it is working correctly. Each new person in the door doesn't cost a company a what they are paid per year. Its actually closer $100,000 per person with salary, benefits, etc.

Also looking back at history, there have been alot of parts that have been made overseas for 50-60 years on American made vehicles. I am sure you have no problem watching a TV made from Japan.

If you don't believe me that's fine, and I know it seems like a lot of excuses, but just understand there's more to a product that plugging in a machine, flipping a switch and going to town. If you know a way to do it, I'm sure we would be happy to work together.
I ran CNC machinery for 20 years. Lathes, punches,plasma cutters. You don't have to be a genius to do it. There are programs out there that make it simple to design and manufacture your parts. I was never involved in that aspect of it. I could however write most programs I needed. You can pretty much learn it by yourself with some help. There are used machines to get started on. You start out small and build from there. You have to want to do it. Of course there is always the easy way. Send it to China and have a 10 year old kid make it. I do like my colored TV, but I'd much rather watch one that was made in this country. Too bad there aren't any. You know in World Wars 1 & 2 factories were converted from civilian use to make war products. I guess the next time around we can make hamburgers. I doubt China is going to supply us parts when we are bombing the hell out of them. That is just one of the reasons we need places and people that can actually make things, even if they are for a sprintcar.
Last edited by NEWBOMB TURK on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:14 pm

GOSHOW wrote:
longtimefan wrote:A few things that I get tired of is companies complaining about not having business but will only deal with high quanity customers. Just last week I heard a local building contractor say that his window supplier is going to drop him unless he buys $200,000 worth of windows per year. I understand that they don't make as much from him as they do Lowes or Home Depot but do you really think that they lose money dealing with him. The same thing is happening with farm equipment dealers around here, John Deere, Case IH ect. only want to deal with companies that own several dealerships across different counties. There are no independently owned shops in Juniata anymore. Last year when I bought my Plasma Cutting table I looked for U.S. made and found it at a competitive price for the technology. It took some research to find it but when I call tech support I can understand the guy on the phone and it has only taken a couple of days to get the couple of parts that I have needed. They build the tables in house so they have all the components on hand all the time. Some that I talked to said wait until something breaks and it takes six months to get parts. Of course they talking from their experience with their imported equipment. As for what jcwracing10 is talking about there are many cases where if you don't have full time work for equipment it is cheaper to outsource the work. I do that with a lot of farm work because it costs less to hire a custom operator to do someting than to own equipment that is only used a few days a year.
Correct...That dime stacking adds up to dollars. There is no reason to not do business unless it is at a loss. It doesn't have to be someone that buys a lot all the time. As far as outsource the work, we use independent contractors for hauling because it makes more business sense than buying or renting a fleet of trucks and hiring employees.
Nothing wrong with doing business with independent contractors, in the United States that is.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

c4
Legend
Legend

Post by c4 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:00 pm

you guys sit here and ****** about the cost of an xxx being less and that it is built overseas.. first off, if the chassis wasnt fast, they wouldnt be able to GIVE them away. secondly, heffner can apparenty afford any chassis he wants...see point #1....third, heffners team put together that xxx to try. they ran it at a susky practice and right out of the trailer, they were turning faster laps than they had ever turned at susky...again, refer to point #1.
and those of you who choose to bash xxx for having their chassis built in china....do some investigating and see if you can find out how many other race parts are made overseas. and how many parts manufacturers, from chassis parts, to engine parts, to parts to build parts, make it public knowledge? not very many, if at all.
i'm not trying to defend xxx, or bash them.....just stating facts.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:57 pm

c4 wrote:you guys sit here and ****** about the cost of an xxx being less and that it is built overseas.. first off, if the chassis wasnt fast, they wouldnt be able to GIVE them away. secondly, heffner can apparenty afford any chassis he wants...see point #1....third, heffners team put together that xxx to try. they ran it at a susky practice and right out of the trailer, they were turning faster laps than they had ever turned at susky...again, refer to point #1.
and those of you who choose to bash xxx for having their chassis built in china....do some investigating and see if you can find out how many other race parts are made overseas. and how many parts manufacturers, from chassis parts, to engine parts, to parts to build parts, make it public knowledge? not very many, if at all.
The problem is, is that it is just that one more little thing that makes the total of things imported from China become a very very very large number. It puts Americans out of work. Ones that might even go to the races if they had the money. To me it's no different than having the Olympic Teams uniforms made in China or having American Flags made in China. These things actually happened. The uniforms I believe were stopped. Flags not. People just don't seem to care. It's just business. I think it is a sad sad situation that is only going to get worse.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:28 pm

Kraig Kinser is in a Triple X tonight at Volusia as well.

I agree with c4, if these chassis weren't fast teams wouldn't run them. Typically Chinese made stuff is junk and people are willing to pay a little extra to get a quality product. Here it seems Triple X has found the best of both worlds, a chassis that performs well on the track and is cheaper to produce. Hence, many teams use them.

c4
Legend
Legend

Post by c4 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:37 pm

ps.....bobby allens team were "sponsored" their chassis at the end of last year.

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:32 pm

c4 wrote:you guys sit here and ****** about the cost of an xxx being less and that it is built overseas.. first off, if the chassis wasnt fast, they wouldnt be able to GIVE them away. secondly, heffner can apparenty afford any chassis he wants...see point #1....third, heffners team put together that xxx to try. they ran it at a susky practice and right out of the trailer, they were turning faster laps than they had ever turned at susky...again, refer to point #1.
ALL Outlaws trailing the Heffner TwipleX tonight...what happens in Florida stays in Florida...
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1

bcy505
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bcy505 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:20 am

I just wish our local guys could get off the front porch and be competitive... :chatterbox: :bringiton: Congrats to Greg and the team on the win.

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:29 am

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
The problem is, is that it is just that one more little thing that makes the total of things imported from China become a very very very large number. It puts Americans out of work. Ones that might even go to the races if they had the money. To me it's no different than having the Olympic Teams uniforms made in China or having American Flags made in China. These things actually happened. The uniforms I believe were stopped. Flags not. People just don't seem to care. It's just business. I think it is a sad sad situation that is only going to get worse.
Unfortunately we are really no longer a country that makes things for a living, and further more we generally don't want to. I know a number of people who make things as a hobby (Race cars are a good example), but when it comes to working for money I think white collar jobs just pay a whole lot more. My grandfather had 30 years in working at a mill in Maine, and the day I graduated college and got my first real job I was making significantly more than him. I work for a company that does a lot of business outside of the United States (and contracts for the Federal Govt. as well) and we are the brain of the company. All of the "Do-ers" are overseas working for close to nothing, and all of us in America sit back and go to meetings and make the decisions, etc. I think that is the way things are going, the thinking is done here, the doing is done elsewhere.

In your scenario of war you make a valid point, but the ammunition stockpiles we have currently could sustain us in a war for much longer than we would need to be. Either we will end a war quick, or we will be fighting with another superpower in which case it will likely end in Nuclear winter either way.

Lastly, just another reason why Late Models are better, the chassis are too heavy to import in a cost effective manner. :bdf:

Thanks,
Jeff.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:52 pm

Aren't the China cars just a Maxim copy(ie blatant rip-off)? No doubt they have put up good results but it's gotta suck when a company puts years of R&D into a successful chassis design only to have some shyster send it to China to capitalize on cheap communist labor. I understand the business end of it too. If you can get a car or part just as good for cheaper, who cares where it's made? Maybe they'll care when the stands are empty because all the decent paying manufacturing jobs have been sent overseas. :dontknow:
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Brewster
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Brewster » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:27 pm

All Sprint Car Chassis are a Copy of someone else's design !!!
"This is a body contact sport and I like to clag a few people." -- Archie Henderson.

pushtruck
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by pushtruck » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:08 pm

The shame is the broker is getting rich, not the China welder who will make about an hour (US) wage for a month's work. A late model is ha - ha too heavy? When engine rebuilding went offshore this and late model frame/parts could follow. And they did.
There is nothing wrong with a business man making an honest profit with a good product. If he can look you in the eye.

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:28 am

To everyone on here that has questions about XXX chassis they will be on Slicks n Sticks radio show tonight at 8:30 to answer your questions. You can tune in by going to www.slingindirtsns.weebly.com. The show starts at 8 and will have XXX on the show at 8:30 Brent Marks will be on at 9 and 358 driver Ryan Higgins will be on at 9:30.

For all of you who love to complain about the chassis, tonight will be your chance to have any and all questions answered. Feel free to send your questions into the show via Twitter to @SlicksandSticks or @KChambersSnS and they will make sure to get answered.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014