Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Lincoln

Post by hotrodney » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Dually wrote:
hotrodney wrote:
longtimefan wrote:I guess Lincoln does have the better program with that $7000 to win race. I am sure most fans would rather have the All American Outlaws with the 410 than the Super Latemodels. Not to knock that division but just compare Apples to Apples. What do you think the total purse differance might be?
Me personally? I love the SLM's and I'm glad Port has a worth-wile support division this year but 90% of the fans will be leaving directly after the 410 feature. Being a Port faithfull you know as well as me that this will be 1 of the biggest crowds of the year and they can't afford to pay more than 5G? I'm pretty sure I just paid $20 for a 15G to win race there, WITH a sanctioning fee. I don't mean to bash but c'mon Port, step up to the plate make this 1 of the top shows of SW. We're paying $22 to get in.
Look me up Rodney , I'm easy to find ---- I'll pay the 4 dollar difference so you can enjoy the show .
I WILL enjoy the show and I don't need your $4(thanks anyway), but apparently my point went WAY OVER YOUR TINY HEAD! I'd gladly pay more if the money went to the teams putting on the show... It's the principle! Port is 1 of the top 410 tracks in the country. They have an ideal Saturday night speedweek date that draws an enormous crowd... and they still pay the minimum SW purse. WTF? They could probably double it and still make a killing. The admission price is the highest(tied) as any other track. Do you comprehend any of that?

I'm old enough to remember Silver Springs charging $15 for a mid-week SW show that paid essentially the same purse as now. Yeah, I'm clueless! :thinking: :cwm4:

Sorry if my facts offend you but in actuality, I love Port Royal and the SW show there is 1 of my favorites. I skip a good show at a track 2 miles away just to attend it. I think it's sad that they don't try to do better for 1 of the biggest shows of the year.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:46 pm

poolguy wrote::thinking:

If you are just a fan in the stands...why would it matter what the winners get paid?

I'm just a fan and really don't care what the winner gets.
So you would gladly pay more to get in even if the race-teams didn't see a dime of it ? Interesting. :thinking: Perhaps you don't understand the amount of time, work and $$$ it takes to keep 1 of these beasts on the track weekly, let alone 8 out of 9 nights. You would think the 410 tracks that get the choice weekend dates would want to set the bar, not lower it.

poolguy
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by poolguy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:26 pm

hotrodney wrote:
poolguy wrote::thinking:

If you are just a fan in the stands...why would it matter what the winners get paid?

I'm just a fan and really don't care what the winner gets.
So you would gladly pay more to get in even if the race-teams didn't see a dime of it ? Interesting. :thinking: Perhaps you don't understand the amount of time, work and $$$ it takes to keep 1 of these beasts on the track weekly, let alone 8 out of 9 nights. You would think the 410 tracks that get the choice weekend dates would want to set the bar, not lower it.

:cheers2:

I do understand the cost involved. It's an expensive hobby.

I'm only a fan and don't see any extra money no matter what the cost of admission is.
If you don't like the extra admission cost...just don't pay it.

The race teams will show up for $1,000 to win or $10,000 to win. Just don't matter. :yessss:

bschriver11
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by bschriver11 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:58 pm

How does the port royal payout from second place back compare to the other speedweek shows?I don't know what the entire payout is?Maybe they pay a little better for second and third and so on?I personally don't think fans would prefer the All American Outlaws over the SLM's,this is not an apples to apples comparison.That is like saying most people would prefer the 305 sprints over the 410's because they are both sprint cars?Hagerstown used to have the late models with the WOO sprint car shows and they had some great three wide racing in some of those late model shows.If your in such a hurry to leave after the 410's are done then you might be missing the best race of the night and that is your loss but i'm staying for the whole show.I don't see any of the other tracks putting the 2 top classes on the track in the same night.I guess everyone will find something to whine about no matter how trivial it may be?Maybe the french fries will suck or maybe they'll be using a different barbecue sauce :laughing7:

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:16 am

The remark about liking the American Outlaws better than the the Super Latemodels might have been sarcasm. I personally like that Port has the latemodels with their bigger shows which they often do but someone always complains that the admission is higher than for a $200 to win support division. Also it was pointed out on another thread that when Port has the second speedweek show they also have paid $7000 to win one of them. On another note you really don't have to look hard to see where any money the track makes has been going lately. How many realize that other than the paid employees no at Port makes money.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:55 pm

IMO, a Saturday night speedweek show should pay at least 7G. It's 1 of the biggest shows of the year but anyhow, are they having fireworks tonight?

taurus014
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by taurus014 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Here is a link to all the Speedweek purses. You'll see that every purse is identical except the two tracks who have two shows this year, same as Port last season.

http://www.paspeedweeks.com/2015_Handout.pdf

No fireworks at Port tonight, July 4th.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:14 pm

I don't think Port makes a lot of money on a regular show. They have made a lot of improvements. New restrooms aren't going to be cheap. You have to make money when you can. Speedweek is one of those opportunities. Comparing one tracks finances to another is apples & oranges. Selingrove has cancelled. Heading for the Port.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:34 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:I don't think Port makes a lot of money on a regular show. They have made a lot of improvements. New restrooms aren't going to be cheap. You have to make money when you can. Speedweek is one of those opportunities. Comparing one tracks finances to another is apples & oranges. Selingrove has cancelled. Heading for the Port.
Selinsgrove SW is a great bargain tomorrow night, $20 with super sportsman and 305 sprints also on the card. Makes you wonder how they can do it on a Sunday night with half the seating. :thinking: