Lincoln Legends Race

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
vaportrails
Pit Member
Pit Member

Lincoln Legends Race

Post by vaportrails » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:51 am

I for one am very excited to see this race! Just seen on paposseracing that it's only $20 general for this show and I just want to be the first one to give Fred and everybody at Rahmer Promotions and Lincoln Speedway a huge stand :clap: for what they are doing. I will get to see Wolfgang in a car for the first time as I was too young to remember when he still raced and for that I thank you! Not to mention I get to see my favorite driver "Mr. Excitement" Todd Shaffer turn some more laps. :yessss:

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Lincoln Legends Race

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:00 am

Wonder where they are going to get the cars? Fred has three, but is he going to repaint and use all three? Would still need more cars from somewhere?
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

vaportrails
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by vaportrails » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:36 am

I have been wondering as well who is supplying all these cars? Dunno if maybe the guys running the legends race will be "borrowing" cars from current 410 teams or how that is going to work. Once it is set in stone the drivers that will be there and the paint schemes they will be running, it would be really neat if a shirt would be made up with all the cars on it.

Th3Swami
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Th3Swami » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:18 pm

I thought i read where it was a 305 race for them and not using 410s.

theedge21
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by theedge21 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Th3Swami wrote:I thought i read where it was a 305 race for them and not using 410s.
I was told it was 358's, but you may be right with the 305's. Not 100% sure.

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:32 pm

It was stated on the Rahmer Promotions Twitter page that they would be 410's. I don't care what's under the hood, I'm ready to see Mr.Excitement back behind the wheel again along with all the others. Throw in the all or nothing $10,000 to win shootout and this will be one for the ages. Rahmer is the best promoter in the area by miles. What he's doing is amazing.
Way she goes.............

dirtfan221
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by dirtfan221 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:26 pm

It is 410's. 358's are also having a complete show. :cheers2:

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:34 pm

When is this race :dontknow:

MKG1188
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by MKG1188 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:49 pm

BlueOnBlack21 wrote:When is this race :dontknow:

Wednesday, August 26th with a rain date of the 27th.

This is a show I'm very much looking forward to as well. I am a Shaffer fan but have enjoyed watching all these drivers over the years. I have to give Mr Rahmer a ton of credit for his innovative ideas and hard work putting a show like this together.

Cobra
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Cobra » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:15 pm

I would guess that the 6 "invited" current teams will be providing additional cars in exchange for a chance at 10k.

Also, I am guessing the body panels /wings will get auctioned off... No doubt sure to provide some serious $$$

poolguy
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by poolguy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:31 pm

:thinking:

Should be interesting.

:dontknow:

vaportrails
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by vaportrails » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:35 am

What a night that was! I'm a die hard Shaffer fan and I'm surprised I still have a voice today! That was a really cool deal all the way around. Thank you to all the legends who were there for putting on a show that will forever be etched in my memory, thank you to Fred and his crew for making the dream come true, and thank you to Mr. Excitement for giving us fans one more time to cheer like crazy. No doubt in my mind that at least half of those guys still have a ton of drive left to win.

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:44 pm

vaportrails wrote:What a night that was! I'm a die hard Shaffer fan and I'm surprised I still have a voice today! That was a really cool deal all the way around. Thank you to all the legends who were there for putting on a show that will forever be etched in my memory, thank you to Fred and his crew for making the dream come true, and thank you to Mr. Excitement for giving us fans one more time to cheer like crazy. No doubt in my mind that at least half of those guys still have a ton of drive left to win.
No doubt about it. The last time I got that excited at a race track was the last time Todd won a race. Mr. Excitement....what more can be said? The man brought us to our feet once again. Todd and Kenny Adams proved that they can without a doubt, still get it done. Keith, Jacobs and Eash looked pretty racey too. I've been a Shaffer fan my whole life so obviously I was happy to see him but I grew up idolizing all of those guys and it was so cool to see them racing and to hear all of the interviews and stuff. Doug Wolfgang and Paxton picking on one another was priceless. There's still a smile on my face that can't be wiped off. What an amazing night. Without question, my favorite night I've ever spent at a race track.
Way she goes.............

vaportrails
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by vaportrails » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:44 am

CH_88 wrote:
vaportrails wrote:What a night that was! I'm a die hard Shaffer fan and I'm surprised I still have a voice today! That was a really cool deal all the way around. Thank you to all the legends who were there for putting on a show that will forever be etched in my memory, thank you to Fred and his crew for making the dream come true, and thank you to Mr. Excitement for giving us fans one more time to cheer like crazy. No doubt in my mind that at least half of those guys still have a ton of drive left to win.
No doubt about it. The last time I got that excited at a race track was the last time Todd won a race. Mr. Excitement....what more can be said? The man brought us to our feet once again. Todd and Kenny Adams proved that they can without a doubt, still get it done. Keith, Jacobs and Eash looked pretty racey too. I've been a Shaffer fan my whole life so obviously I was happy to see him but I grew up idolizing all of those guys and it was so cool to see them racing and to hear all of the interviews and stuff. Doug Wolfgang and Paxton picking on one another was priceless. There's still a smile on my face that can't be wiped off. What an amazing night. Without question, my favorite night I've ever spent at a race track.
Dunno about you or anybody else but I'm counting that win as number 197 for him. Now if we can just figure out how to get him in the seat a few more times he may be able to hit that 200 mark yet.

Scott Harro
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Scott Harro » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:12 am

does anyone know if the people who did the broadcast will be selling dvd's of the event?
My OPINIONS are just that and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of anyone or any track I am associated with!