Port Royal Dream Race

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Port Royal Dream Race

Post by CH_88 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Walker944 wrote:So you would rather sit at home 15 minutes from the track and complain about what you think is happening there than go to the races? That's pretty sad. I drive an hour and a half to Port, 2 and a half to the Grove, and 3 hours to Lincoln and you never know when you leave the house what the track is going to be like or what the racing will be like but we go anyway because going to a so-so race is better than sitting at home. I took a friend to the Grove last Friday who had never seen sprint cars before and after both features were over he says "My wife is going to be ****** because I'm not going to be home much on weekends now because that was awesome". Sometimes you have to go to the track to see the good racing, they don't catch it all on the highlights.
Right on the money. It's funny to me that Strawser says he wants to see what the track is like via highlights for a couple of weeks before going back as if track prep is an exact science. It's dirt and dirt, just like everything else on mother earth, sometimes has a mind of its own and can't be successfully manipulated no matter if it's me prepping the track or Fred Putney. Not long ago at one of Lincoln's Speedweek shows, we saw how drastically and quickly mother nature can change a track surface. The track was average all night long then they ran in the cushion and as they did, the breeze kicked up and dried the outside out completely and after that, no one could get off the bottom during the feature. I've seen great races on terrible tracks and terrible races on perfect tracks. There's so many variables that go into what makes a race good or bad that you can't possibly be successful in guessing which ones will be good based on what happened last week or even what the weather is like that day. You just have to go to the races and see what happens. The fact is though, Strawser just likes to whine. He can say all he wants that he doesn't but its pretty obvious by his posts on here that he does so he can sit at home and be miserable and enjoy watching 2 minutes worth of highlights the next day. Meanwhile, I'll be there with my friends enjoying myself regardless of whether or not the race ends up being an all time great, or a snoozer.
Way she goes.............

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:09 pm

CH_88 wrote:
Walker944 wrote:So you would rather sit at home 15 minutes from the track and complain about what you think is happening there than go to the races? That's pretty sad. I drive an hour and a half to Port, 2 and a half to the Grove, and 3 hours to Lincoln and you never know when you leave the house what the track is going to be like or what the racing will be like but we go anyway because going to a so-so race is better than sitting at home. I took a friend to the Grove last Friday who had never seen sprint cars before and after both features were over he says "My wife is going to be ****** because I'm not going to be home much on weekends now because that was awesome". Sometimes you have to go to the track to see the good racing, they don't catch it all on the highlights.
Right on the money. It's funny to me that Strawser says he wants to see what the track is like via highlights for a couple of weeks before going back as if track prep is an exact science. It's dirt and dirt, just like everything else on mother earth, sometimes has a mind of its own and can't be successfully manipulated no matter if it's me prepping the track or Fred Putney. Not long ago at one of Lincoln's Speedweek shows, we saw how drastically and quickly mother nature can change a track surface. The track was average all night long then they ran in the cushion and as they did, the breeze kicked up and dried the outside out completely and after that, no one could get off the bottom during the feature. I've seen great races on terrible tracks and terrible races on perfect tracks. There's so many variables that go into what makes a race good or bad that you can't possibly be successful in guessing which ones will be good based on what happened last week or even what the weather is like that day. You just have to go to the races and see what happens. The fact is though, Strawser just likes to whine. He can say all he wants that he doesn't but its pretty obvious by his posts on here that he does so he can sit at home and be miserable and enjoy watching 2 minutes worth of highlights the next day. Meanwhile, I'll be there with my friends enjoying myself regardless of whether or not the race ends up being an all time great, or a snoozer.
Ha!! Ha!! I don't like poor track prep and you can tell if there is a cushion or not. And there hasn't been a cushion at Port for a long....long time! I will sit at home and be with my family and have more fun with them.....than I would watching a slip and slide! Missing it every once in a while is ok.......but a cushion is where it is at!!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Dually
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dually » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:26 pm

DW29 wrote:I was told earlier this year he doesn't go to Port because nobody wants him to sit with them because of his constent :cryinghard: :dontknow:
Yea , And I wonder if he is the clown who hollers "lets go " when Mr. Clark is giving the invocation and The National Anthem is being presented . The best " cushion for him is the one on his sofa .

KWR
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by KWR » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:23 pm

Alot of negativity on here, getting close to the "my tracks better than your track" debate.

...maybe I'll go to Silver Springs Saturday night, oops it's gone.
guess I'll make it over to Penn National Sunday night... nut's it's gone too.

We should all be happy that we have three Saturday night sprint car tracks that are still surviving.
There are sprint car fans all over the country that envy us here in central PA for what we have - some of them don't have a track in their backyard, we got tons of them.

In all seriousness when I pull out of my driveway I can head south to Lincoln or north to Port.
It takes the identical amount of time to get to either track.
I choose Port.
Dust, mud, cushion, no cushion - it makes no matter to me, it's Port and has been for years.
Can't ever put my finger on why, I just like it.

I've been to Lincoln four or five times this year, it's a great, racey track.
A while back the kid and I did the Port/Lincoln double on the same night twice in one year and the Port/Selinsgrove double also one night after driving home from Myrtle Beach earlier, that was a long day.

To be quite honest with you Susky is my favorite track, it's fifteen minutes from home and in my opinion is the perfect size for sprint cars.
If Grandview was closer that'd be my favorite, don't think I've ever seen a bad race there.

..in the words of that great American Rodney King - "Can't we all just get along"

I do miss the Springs terribly, back in the day we did the Port to Silver Springs double six times one year.

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:19 am

Dually wrote:
DW29 wrote:I was told earlier this year he doesn't go to Port because nobody wants him to sit with them because of his constent :cryinghard: :dontknow:
Yea , And I wonder if he is the clown who hollers "lets go " when Mr. Clark is giving the invocation and The National Anthem is being presented . The best " cushion for him is the one on his sofa .
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: You really don't know anything about me and we never meet. I have way too much respect for the Lord and my Country to do something that stupid.
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Racer
Racer

Post by 1080 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:55 am

I go to Port to get something to eat..... :bdf:
2016 Attendance

Speed Palace - 20

Susky - 1