Port Royal Dream Race

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Re: Port Royal Dream Race

Post by Brent Leach » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:38 am

24 per case is a waste if time. 30 packs are the way to go.
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:45 am

bcy505 wrote:
BigRightRear wrote:They can't afford me...and it's doubtful you'd pass the background check / **** test!
Wow....... What has this forum turned into?
I'm not sure. I jokingly get on one person (Bill Mc), and BRR wants to be a keyboard comando. So I'll just play along. Sometimes he and his friend (Wiz) just can't act adultlike in a public forum though.
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:15 am

Brent Leach wrote:24 per case is a waste if time. 30 packs are the way to go.
I totally agree, but alas, some quality beers aren't offered in 30 packs.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Bill Mc wrote:Only a guy with no little kids or wife to go home to could feel that way. Oh wait your kids are grown and you have no wife. That explains it all.
Exactly Bill! While we both enjoy the races, myself and my significant other also happen to enjoy some tv shows that come on late Saturday nite and like to get home in time to see them. I understand that things happen on track that delay the show but starting a 1/2 late every week is ridiculous unless it's weather related. We have a running joke at my hometrack when you show up late...well it's "won't mention the tracks name" so you didn't even miss hotlaps. Can you imagine going to the movies and having them start a half-hour late? The sad part is that when I travel to a track that's 45 minutes away, I almost always get home sooner than a track that's less than 10 minutes. That track doesn't always run the most efficient show either but they start on time and always run the headliners before the support divisions. That's all I ask. A few weeks ago, me and a buddy went to the other track and found out that our hometown track had a 3 hour rain delay. GREAT! So we stopped in just before midnight, ready to pay and see the features only to find out that they were STILL running a support division first on the program. It's now midnight ... and so, we left! I love racing but dam I have a life outside the track and need some sleep too. Love the track and all the current promoter has done, but I hope the next one learns how to start on time and run an efficient show. It's got to the point where I don't go to the Sunday night specials anymore in fear that I won't get home til midnight per usual and I have to work at 6 am. End of rant. :ahhh:

Nearly every week I see family's carrying their sleeping kids out the gate before the LM or even the sprint feature is done. I can't help but wonder if they'll come back.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Shuey21 wrote:Most of the late nights I attended this year were at Port. But I really don't give a crap cause what am I gonna do if I get home an hour earlier? Nothing watch tv and fall asleep :laughing7:
Understandable, I used to feel the same way when I was younger. Now that I'm old I like to get home before midnight. :laughing7:
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:58 am

I hope I never get that old. :laughing7:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:26 am

I wish they wouldn't have taken the complaints about the track being too fast that night so seriously. We have had more dust the three weeks since that than rest of the season combined.

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:22 pm

longtimefan wrote:I wish they wouldn't have taken the complaints about the track being too fast that night so seriously. We have had more dust the three weeks since that than rest of the season combined.
They must have lost the keys to the water truck. :( I hope they find them soon and water the track the way it should be! :silenced:
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

ohdh
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by ohdh » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:18 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:
longtimefan wrote:I wish they wouldn't have taken the complaints about the track being too fast that night so seriously. We have had more dust the three weeks since that than rest of the season combined.
They must have lost the keys to the water truck. :( I hope they find them soon and water the track the way it should be! :silenced:
Jeesh!!

Have you checked the weather the last few weeks? We have gone from having 1" to 2" plus of rain per week to having a few weeks with zero to no rain at all with warm and sunny conditions. Reminder, it still is summer!!

Some drivers don't like the track that fast.

Some owners don't like the track that fast.

Some engine builders don't like the track that fast.

Insurance companies don't like the track that fast.

So, what are you to do??
Dirt's for racing, asphalt's for gettin' there!

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:21 am

Lets start by saying...I respect and like you ohdh. However, I have to respectfully disagree with you!

I have checked the weather and it seems to me that they lost the keys to the water truck!! Just because it hasn't rained doesn't give them an excuse not to have the track watered good so they can race on it! :thehand: Like I said, I like Port but until they put more water on the track I will not be attending any races there. They have come a long way but still have a long way to go to get the surface to where it used to be in the 80's and early 90's. ;)

As far as some drivers and owners not liking the track fast that is why they make smaller tracks so those drivers can go to those tracks. :thumbleft:

Engine builders :thinking: .....only the ones that take a long time to refresh the engines!

If some people want to go see a slip and slide instead of racing that is fine. ;) I don't!!
To me a slip and slide is for the backyard not a racetrack!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:13 am

Tracks that are wet and no dust = FREIGHT TRAIN

Tracks that are too dry = HUGGY POLE

Tracks that are slicked off with some dust = JUST RIGHT

You need to stay on the porch Strawser.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:13 am

Tracks that are wet and no dust = FREIGHT TRAIN

You need to stay on the porch Strawser.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:10 am

I am going to have to agree with Newbomb on this one. I don't want fifteen second laps every week I would just like to go back to what we had most of the summer. They had the best track prep around by far most of the season. What Strawser wants from the eighties can't be had today with the downforce and horse power of today you couldn't keep it smooth enough to be safe with speeds of today. To their credit the night of the Dream Race it was both fast and pretty smooth.

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:15 pm

It can be done! I have seen it! Over my 32 plus years of racing! Yes, it has been in the last two or so years that I have seen it done!

Being slicked off is a whole lot different than being too dry to race! I like it wetter at the beginning of the night where you will get a cushion around the top. With the race cars packing in the track to finish it off not some heavy piece of equipment packing the track so hard you have it like cement. Not a hard concept! Then as the evening goes on it dries out to where you have multiple grooves! Not a freight train!

No, I need to get off the porch.....
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:41 pm

[quote="NEWBOMB TURK"]Tracks that are wet and no dust = FREIGHT TRAIN

You need to stay on the porch Strawser=quote]

Totally agree and so should anyone who has 2 eyes, a functioning brain and has watched a sprint car race over the last decade.
Way she goes.............