Port Royal Dream Race

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Port Royal Dream Race

Post by BStrawser26 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:10 pm

Over the last 15+ years the best racing I have seen is when the cars finish running in the racetrack and it is wet at the beginning and dries out gradually throughout the night of racing. Plus there is a cushion around the top of the racing surface! Makes it a lot more exciting than any other way you can prepare the track! The track usually slicks of too at some point during the night. Anyone with two eye can see it but just will not admit it!! I have been to a lot of shows in those 15 years. Except the last 2 because of how they prepare the tracks around here!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

winged_thunder
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by winged_thunder » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:41 pm

CH_88 wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Tracks that are wet and no dust = FREIGHT TRAIN

Tracks that are too dry = HUGGY POLE

Tracks that are slicked off with some dust = JUST RIGHT

You need to stay on the porch Strawser=quote]

Totally agree and so should anyone who has 2 eyes, a functioning brain and has watched a sprint car race over the last decade.

Agreed as well.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:53 pm

winged_thunder wrote:
CH_88 wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Tracks that are wet and no dust = FREIGHT TRAIN

Tracks that are too dry = HUGGY POLE

Tracks that are slicked off with some dust = JUST RIGHT

You need to stay on the porch Strawser=quote]

Totally agree and so should anyone who has 2 eyes, a functioning brain and has watched a sprint car race over the last decade.

Agreed as well.
Me as well. Port and Selinsgrove have hit it perfect almost every Saturday night when I was at either track this season. :thumbright: I will say one thing though racing at Williamsgrove is not good at all when slicked off, that's one track that needs a cushion IMO.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:41 pm

Dont' worry everybody. BS trawser26 will have the Labor Day surface to complain about soon. :cwm4:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Brent Leach wrote:Dont' worry everybody. BS trawser26 will have the Labor Day surface to complain about soon. :cwm4:
Nope, I am almost done! Without a cushion racing at the Port is :sleepy2: . I will not be attending any races at PRS unless they bring back the cushion. The racing at the Port, Selinsgrove, and Williamsgrove is 1,000 times better with a cushion around the top and it starting to slick off at some point during the evening not being slick to start with. I have not been to Lincoln in a lot of years. Although they probably have the best racing around here!

I watched the highlights of the race at PRS or should I say slip and slide from August 29th. :doh:
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:32 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:
Brent Leach wrote:Dont' worry everybody. BS trawser26 will have the Labor Day surface to complain about soon. :cwm4:
Nope, I am almost done! Without a cushion racing at the Port is :sleepy2: . I will not be attending any races at PRS unless they bring back the cushion. The racing at the Port, Selinsgrove, and Williamsgrove is 1,000 times better with a cushion around the top and it starting to slick off at some point during the evening not being slick to start with. I have not been to Lincoln in a lot of years. Although they probably have the best racing around here!

I watched the highlights of the race at PRS or should I say slip and slide from August 29th. :doh:
Really? I'm incredibly surprised that you think, "The racing at the Port, Selinsgrove, and Williamsgrove is 1,000 times better with a cushion around the top and it starting to slick off at some point during the evening and not being slick to start with". I've read through your last 652 posts (rough estimate) and they paint a very, very different picture.

taurus014
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by taurus014 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:39 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:

So how will you know if there is a cushion at any of those tracks if you don't go? Seriously, you going to drive to Port, peek in, and then maybe drive to Selinsgrove and peek in there, and then decide where to go if at all?

And then come back here Sunday and complain some more?

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Nope, I am going to be watching highlights on the i-net the next week. I will not spend my hard earned dollars on a slip and slide! They will have to be consistent too!

I know one of the track preparers at PRS.........really nice guy and I like him.
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:25 pm

I wouldn't rate last Sat. as a really good one but anyone who hasn't been to Port at all this year has missed some good racing. I have been going to races since most on here were peein in their diapers including Strawser and I can tell you they weren't all good back then either just as now you have to be there if you want to see the good ones.

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:00 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:

Ok so you think Lincoln has the best racing around but haven't been there in years yet you go to Port and b!tch and whine about it. Don't you think maybe you should just go to Lincoln? Reading between the lines, it would appear as though you just want something to whine about....
Way she goes.............

DW29
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DW29 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:12 am

I was told earlier this year he doesn't go to Port because nobody wants him to sit with them because of his constent :cryinghard: :dontknow:

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:48 am

DW29 wrote:I was told earlier this year he doesn't go to Port because nobody wants him to sit with them because of his constent :cryinghard: :dontknow:

I will have you know...when I go to Port. Which is very rarely anymore. I am always talking to people. I know and have a good number of friends that go there on a regular basis. They know how I feel too.....and it doesn't seem to bother them at all! Port is the closest track to my house only a 15 minute drive.
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:52 am

CH_88 wrote:
BStrawser26 wrote:

Ok so you think Lincoln has the best racing around but haven't been there in years yet you go to Port and b!tch and whine about it. Don't you think maybe you should just go to Lincoln? Reading between the lines, it would appear as though you just want something to whine about....
Like I said I havn't been to Lincoln in years. But from what I am seeing on the I-net a lot of the time the winners are coming from the 5th and 6th rows in the feature. I am talking 410 racing too not 358 or 360. It isn't hard to figure out.

Nope, not complaining just not going to waste my time or money without a change in how they prepare the track and I am not only talking about Port either.

I like Port and always have....just wish they would add some more water to the track that's all.
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

vaportrails
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by vaportrails » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:31 am

Even when the track slicks off at Port the racing is still just as good. Try looking farther back through the field than just the top 5. Has anybody seen what Mike Erdley has been doing the last 2 weeks? He has started almost in the clear back and been the hard charger making it the whole way into the top 10 on the "no passing, boring slick track." As long as Mike doesn't use up his tires too quick, he'll be fun to watch on Monday.

Walker944
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Walker944 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:18 am

So you would rather sit at home 15 minutes from the track and complain about what you think is happening there than go to the races? That's pretty sad. I drive an hour and a half to Port, 2 and a half to the Grove, and 3 hours to Lincoln and you never know when you leave the house what the track is going to be like or what the racing will be like but we go anyway because going to a so-so race is better than sitting at home. I took a friend to the Grove last Friday who had never seen sprint cars before and after both features were over he says "My wife is going to be ****** because I'm not going to be home much on weekends now because that was awesome". Sometimes you have to go to the track to see the good racing, they don't catch it all on the highlights.