James "Jim" Campbell Jr. #31 Always in our memories.

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
Cobra
Pit Member
Pit Member

James "Jim" Campbell Jr. #31 Always in our memories.

Post by Cobra » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:41 pm

For those that do not know, or may not have facebook, unfortunately we lost Jimmy in a tragic accident at Williams Grove.

Jim raced the smaller cars for many years both 600 and Sidewinders and no doubt many of us raced with him.

This is the link to the details for his service.

http://mcgheefuneralhome.com/book-of-me ... etails.php

Many people have been sharing their memories of Jim on his facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... nref=story

RIP Jim Campbell Jr.

In life there is only one certainty. Eventually we all will pass to the other side. While nothing should ever be taken for granted, we are all guilty of not appreciating to the fullest our time on this planet. There is a saying that it's not what happens to you in life that matters it's how you react to it. Jim Campbell Jr. mastered this part of living.

While racing with the Sidewinder Sprints, Jim would always be smiling. It wouldn't matter if he had a part break or had bad racing luck, his attitude was something that we can all learn from. Jim was happy just to be at the track. Just to take part. Just to spend time in the purest pursuit of the challenge of man and machine. Just to be living his dreams.

Remembering my own personal experiences with Jim and it has struck me that I can only remember Jim smiling.

I can't remember a frown.

I can't remember a scowl.

I can't even remember what Jim's upset face looked like.

Just the happy, welcoming contagious smile of a man that was enjoying life, racing and living his dream.

While we are saddened by the loss of the man, lets honor Jim's memory by smiling more and frowning less. Make sure that you do what you love and chase your dreams.

God's Speed Jim Campbell Jr. While we have lost you tragically, we will never lose your memory.

On behalf of all the extended Sidewinder Sprints family, our condolences to Jim's family and friends.

Leppmaniac
Rookie
Rookie

Re: James "Jim" Campbell Jr. #31 Always in our memories.

Post by Leppmaniac » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:09 pm

Very nicely done. Words to aspire to.

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:20 am

Very well said Cobra :clap: I know as I was walking out of the race track Friday night, I felt like a changed person. Me and the wife had a fight that afternoon and I left while I was still pretty pi$$ed to go to the races. A couple of hours later after what had happened, it just didn't seem like a real big deal to me anymore. I couldn't wait to get home and patch things up. Sometimes tragedies like these can really help you to put things into perspective. Especially when you witness it. I think your words sum it up really well. Life is short and it can be changed or completely taken away in the blink of an eye when you least expect it so even though we all take things for granted sometimes, never forget to maximize every minute you have enjoying racing or whatever else it is you like to do with friends and family because you just never know when the end will come.
Way she goes.............

taurus014
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by taurus014 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:17 am

This past Saturday night at Port Royal, all the race teams, including many of the stock cars, were honoring Jim with a memorial decal on their cars.

Duane
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Duane » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:38 am

88, Funny how that work's, I found myself feeling the same thing. Suddenly things that seem like a big deal arn't anymore. RIP Jim Campbell

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:14 pm

RIP. Jim Campbell.

supertc88
Legend
Legend

Post by supertc88 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:35 pm

RIP Jim Campbell
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!