Rico

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
taurus014
Crew Member
Crew Member

Rico

Post by taurus014 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:56 pm

What Rico did this past week was amazing. Winning at Path Valley and Lincoln was impressive enough, but finishing 4th at Port was just as impressive. That kid never even saw Port Royal until about 4:00 Saturday. Obviously a nice guy and was very interested in the format used Saturday as well. And because it was a group time trial show, his first green flag lap ever was a time trial. He was 2nd quick in his group and was a mere .010 seconds off of Lance's quick time. He redrew a 7 I believe for the main event which put a lot of good cars ahead of him, and came home 4th in the non-stop event. The top three were very fast as well in the feature, so he may not have won, but was up to speed with those guys.

The Toolmaker
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Rico

Post by The Toolmaker » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:35 pm

Hodnet & Rico were turning faster laps at the end, faster than anyone else on the track. A caution with 4 or 5 laps to go would of put one of these drivers on the stage. Great race, good win for the Hammer and his crew.

Dually
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dually » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:09 pm

What impressed many , was that he didn't " hide somewhere " , his hauler was right where all could see , he was well spoken , took time with the children , raced hard and gave a informative interview. A true professional .

winged_thunder
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by winged_thunder » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:00 pm

I am glad he came in to race with us. I enjoy when guys like Rico, Larson, etc. choose to come here and race. Although, there's always the few trying to bring them down.

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:08 pm

I was more impressed with his 5th place at the Grove, It's much harder to be fast at the Grove. Some guys never go fast at the Grove, Some take years!