OCT 17

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: OCT 17

Post by CH_88 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:51 am

Sprintcars100 wrote:Path isn't running against port... And there not racing against suskys big show. Even if path and Susky both end up running against one another Susky only had 15 cars last week and what 18 cars or so the time before?
I hate to say it but the 410 deal at Susky is a sinking ship. The car counts have plummeted recently and I've noticed the crowds haven't been great either. I've supported them all except for 1 which I would have if we hadn't been rain delayed an extra day at the 4-crown last year. Susky is one of my favorite tracks but the writing is on the wall. Track conditions the last 2 times have been pretty bad. The last 2 times they didn't pack it down nearly enough and it got pretty rough so I can't say I blame anyone who chooses not to go there and take an enhanced risk of tearing their equipment up. The last couple of years, the surfaces for the 410 shows were usually at least decent so I don't know what changed. I hope they can get a decent count and get the surface in check for the Final Showdown. That's one of my favorite races of the year except for the fact that it's the last race.
Way she goes.............

dominator
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by dominator » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:12 am

:whistle: big changes coming to ssp. :cheers2:

Th3Swami
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Th3Swami » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:07 am

CH_88 wrote:
Sprintcars100 wrote:Path isn't running against port... And there not racing against suskys big show. Even if path and Susky both end up running against one another Susky only had 15 cars last week and what 18 cars or so the time before?
I hate to say it but the 410 deal at Susky is a sinking ship. The car counts have plummeted recently and I've noticed the crowds haven't been great either. I've supported them all except for 1 which I would have if we hadn't been rain delayed an extra day at the 4-crown last year. Susky is one of my favorite tracks but the writing is on the wall. Track conditions the last 2 times have been pretty bad. The last 2 times they didn't pack it down nearly enough and it got pretty rough so I can't say I blame anyone who chooses not to go there and take an enhanced risk of tearing their equipment up. The last couple of years, the surfaces for the 410 shows were usually at least decent so I don't know what changed. I hope they can get a decent count and get the surface in check for the Final Showdown. That's one of my favorite races of the year except for the fact that it's the last race.
i disagree. two shows in the midst of the high volume of big summer racing events with car counts that weren't too far from what the grove pulls on a regular night doesn't even come close to saying "failure."

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:00 pm

dominator wrote::whistle: big changes coming to ssp. :cheers2:

Gobrect?
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:02 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:

Gobrect? Better have deep pockets and long arms. :idea:
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

Wolfgang29
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wolfgang29 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Rahmer Promotions site still says Path Valley on Saturday 17th. Path Valley site says the same. Rain date of the 18th. Which is correct?
Mach 1 mob

ohdh
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by ohdh » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Susky needs an infusion of capitol and some time to recover from the constant raping that the facility has been under going back to the Vicari days of ownership and promotion.

It needs some serious attention in every aspect. A new owner with a new attitude and an understanding of all sides of the racing business from being a fan, to a car owner, to a driver, to an astute business person, to proper timing of the divisions that are going to be running there along with an appropriate night of the week would be a fresh new approach. Change is coming to central PA, it just can't get here quickly enough.
Dirt's for racing, asphalt's for gettin' there!

ggsca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ggsca » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:02 pm

People seem to really give Susky a hard time so I wanted to play devils advocate and talk about what people complain the most about. Now I will start off by saying I can see how people get frustrated but lets look at what people complain about. The facilities, there is a huge conspiracy theory that the promoter takes and takes and doesn't put any money back into the facility. I agree bathrooms and bleachers are not good (I will talk about Path Valley later), so instead of spending money on these things that honestly would not put another car on the track he builds a quarter midget track. This is were I have an issue with the bashing, instead of taking and pocketing the money like everyone wants to believe; a track was built to help build future racers and the future of this sport. I do not see the Grove, Port or Lincoln doing this. So instead of spending money on stands and rest rooms he spent it on a track to help build for the future, so don't act like there is nothing being done. Second, he has test and tunes, only track that does this. Now instead of taking young or inexperienced drivers out in race conditions that they can tear up their equipment, others equipment, hurt themselves or hurt others, they can learn at test and tunes. Again helps develop the sport and quite frankly makes it safer for everyone. Third, track surface - great track when prepared properly and all the tracks in the area have had track prep issues so this is not exclusive to Susky. Fourth, everyone talks about how great Path Valley is and that is based on the racing and not the facilities. To call a spade a spade, the facilities - bleachers and bath rooms are as bad if not much worse then Susky - Path is pretty much a dump outside the track itself. Everyone loves Path for great racing not the quality of the facilities but the same standard does not apply to Susky. You always hear about how bad Susky's bleachers and bathrooms are but I was at Path on Friday night for the Sportsman show and it is equally as gross and the bleachers are rotted and in bad need of upgrades. I decided to write this to play devils advocate, you may not like the place but the reasons why you do not like it don't seem to make much sense (most of the time, again not saying their is no blame or fault but probably not as much as people want to think). If and when a new owner comes in, I'm sure there will be upgrades but it won't be a Tony Stewart Eldora type upgrades as people want to believe - just my opinion. Change does need to come because even if current owners does all the things everyone wants - fans, drivers, car owners - which by the way is completely impossible - the reputation is there and clearly it will not go away. Whether it is deserved or not does not matter because the masses believe these issues to be reality and at this point the only way to change that is for new ownership.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:23 am

ggsca wrote:People seem to really give Susky a hard time so I wanted to play devils advocate and talk about what people complain the most about. Now I will start off by saying I can see how people get frustrated but lets look at what people complain about. The facilities, there is a huge conspiracy theory that the promoter takes and takes and doesn't put any money back into the facility. I agree bathrooms and bleachers are not good (I will talk about Path Valley later), so instead of spending money on these things that honestly would not put another car on the track he builds a quarter midget track. This is were I have an issue with the bashing, instead of taking and pocketing the money like everyone wants to believe; a track was built to help build future racers and the future of this sport. I do not see the Grove, Port or Lincoln doing this. So instead of spending money on stands and rest rooms he spent it on a track to help build for the future, so don't act like there is nothing being done. Second, he has test and tunes, only track that does this. Now instead of taking young or inexperienced drivers out in race conditions that they can tear up their equipment, others equipment, hurt themselves or hurt others, they can learn at test and tunes. Again helps develop the sport and quite frankly makes it safer for everyone. Third, track surface - great track when prepared properly and all the tracks in the area have had track prep issues so this is not exclusive to Susky. Fourth, everyone talks about how great Path Valley is and that is based on the racing and not the facilities. To call a spade a spade, the facilities - bleachers and bath rooms are as bad if not much worse then Susky - Path is pretty much a dump outside the track itself. Everyone loves Path for great racing not the quality of the facilities but the same standard does not apply to Susky. You always hear about how bad Susky's bleachers and bathrooms are but I was at Path on Friday night for the Sportsman show and it is equally as gross and the bleachers are rotted and in bad need of upgrades. I decided to write this to play devils advocate, you may not like the place but the reasons why you do not like it don't seem to make much sense (most of the time, again not saying their is no blame or fault but probably not as much as people want to think). If and when a new owner comes in, I'm sure there will be upgrades but it won't be a Tony Stewart Eldora type upgrades as people want to believe - just my opinion. Change does need to come because even if current owners does all the things everyone wants - fans, drivers, car owners - which by the way is completely impossible - the reputation is there and clearly it will not go away. Whether it is deserved or not does not matter because the masses believe these issues to be reality and at this point the only way to change that is for new ownership.
Well stated! I agree 100%

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain

Scott H
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by Scott H » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:27 am

Not that long ago we didn't have any 410 racing at SSP. I liked it when they did the 4 races a year at the track. Each race felt like it was special, especially the Final Showdown. I think they have scheduled too many races this year and they have lost their luster. But I don't blame them for trying. You never know what the reception is going to be unless you try it.

Good points by ggsca. Yeah, the stands need updated along with the restrooms, but when the track is prepared it is one of the best racing circuits in the area. They do hold regular 305 sprint racing as well as the micro track and test and tunes mentioned above.

They only had 9 late models race Saturday night; not a good sign.

URC has been replaced by the 305s for the September and October 410 shows.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:47 am

at Susky.....the promoter seems to be the problem. I will leave it at that!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:26 am

If I had Susky I'd rework it to look something like this and make it a 1/4 mile

Run Wingless Sprints weekly on Sunday night. Support class would be ARDC Midgets, Wingless Super Sportsman and Wingless 305 Sprints that would work on a three week rotation.

As soon as I hit power ball. :yessss:
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:20 am

DavidM wrote:If I had Susky I'd rework it to look something like this and make it a 1/4 mile

Run Wingless Sprints weekly on Sunday night. Support class would be ARDC Midgets, Wingless Super Sportsman and Wingless 305 Sprints that would work on a three week rotation.

Didn't you hit it once already?

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:40 am

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
DavidM wrote:If I had Susky I'd rework it to look something like this and make it a 1/4 mile

Didn't you hit it once already?
If I did I'd already have that track. :cheers2:
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

NCSrfsh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NCSrfsh » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:37 am

I may have missed it somewhere in this thread. Official Path Valley sched shows Oct 17th. Web site ad for the race shows Oct 18th.