Labor Day Classic

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Labor Day Classic

Post by Sprintcars100 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:54 pm

One of the best day time shows I've ever seen. Congrats to Brent Marks!
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

DW29
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Labor Day Classic

Post by DW29 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:25 pm

I'll second that I hear people say the track s,cks that way well if that's bad I want to see what they think is good the but if you are not there how do you know I hear people ****** about the grove well we have been to both tracks most weekends and the results have been the same the best racing I've seen in 25 years different prep same results the car counts are down but I can live with that if racing is good

RunWYB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RunWYB » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Ditto. To Port Royal and the drivers who performed today :clap: thank you. Fair food and 410's : :bdf:

Aaro Ott is a class act and has been a pleasure to watch this year.

Okay let's be honest when they only misted first and then only 1 pass of the heavier water who was thinking what are they thinking.....well they nailed it perfect. It was not only a day race....it was on a day where we had to have broken high temp records.

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:24 pm

That was one for the ages. I've been saying it time and again, the best racing with this particular rules package (flat wings, spec tires, no shock adjusters etc.) is taking place on the slick and wide surfaces. This was the most exciting race of the year at Port Royal but the basic concept is the same as its been week to week for the most part. They get it slick and wide then keep grooming the top which has lead to some great racing. Some races were better than others but really with the exception of the Speedweek show which was way too heavy (through no fault of their own due to the rain) the surfaces have allowed for those who were good enough to come forward to do so. I hope those who stay at home to watch updates and/or highlight videos and then complain about what they didn't pay to see watch the video of that one. If you didn't think that was one of the best races of all time, you either have a personal issue with Port Royal or you're a complete idiot with the I.Q. of a dead gnat.
Way she goes.............

vaportrails
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by vaportrails » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:17 am

CH_88 wrote:That was one for the ages. I've been saying it time and again, the best racing with this particular rules package (flat wings, spec tires, no shock adjusters etc.) is taking place on the slick and wide surfaces. This was the most exciting race of the year at Port Royal but the basic concept is the same as its been week to week for the most part. They get it slick and wide then keep grooming the top which has lead to some great racing. Some races were better than others but really with the exception of the Speedweek show which was way too heavy (through no fault of their own due to the rain) the surfaces have allowed for those who were good enough to come forward to do so. I hope those who stay at home to watch updates and/or highlight videos and then complain about what they didn't pay to see watch the video of that one. If you didn't think that was one of the best races of all time, you either have a personal issue with Port Royal or you're a complete idiot with the I.Q. of a dead gnat.
I'll second that, watching Hodnett and Logan Wagner was a sight to see.