Port Royal October 17

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Port Royal October 17

Post by longtimefan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Everyone asked for years for the season to be extended further into the fall now Port has done it the last couple of years and some don't want to support it. What's up with that? Sometimes in the fall it cools off a little. I remember in the 60's going to races at Port in November and that was before Globle warming. More of the p_____fication of America. You have to wonder what some will do when winter comes.

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:55 am

longtimefan wrote:Everyone asked for years for the season to be extended further into the fall now Port has done it the last couple of years and some don't want to support it. What's up with that? Sometimes in the fall it cools off a little. I remember in the 60's going to races at Port in November and that was before Globle warming. More of the p_____fication of America. You have to wonder what some will do when winter comes.
Exactly (I mean, not the 60's part because I wasn't even close to being alive then).

I'm assuming you all have coats, gloves, hats, cold weather gear, etc, so layer up if you have to. If you don't have a jacket, perhaps you should forego spending $20 at the gate and get yourself a used parka somewhere. If you'd rather spend an evening in the warm house watching Penn St, great! People.... do what makes you happy. Me? I'll be in the stands drinking some beers and watching some good racing. Pretty soon it'll be January and I'll be youtubing the same old races to pass the time until Spring.

What will some do when winter arrives? Probably what quite a few race fans do during the season. Whine, complain, and talk about how it "used to be so much better."

RunWYB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RunWYB » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:49 am

Bernie Lomax wrote:
longtimefan wrote:Everyone asked for years for the season to be extended further into the fall now Port has done it the last couple of years and some don't want to support it. What's up with that? Sometimes in the fall it cools off a little. I remember in the 60's going to races at Port in November and that was before Globle warming. More of the p_____fication of America. You have to wonder what some will do when winter comes.
Exactly (I mean, not the 60's part because I wasn't even close to being alive then).

I'm assuming you all have coats, gloves, hats, cold weather gear, etc, so layer up if you have to. If you don't have a jacket, perhaps you should forego spending $20 at the gate and get yourself a used parka somewhere. If you'd rather spend an evening in the warm house watching Penn St, great! People.... do what makes you happy. Me? I'll be in the stands drinking some beers and watching some good racing. Pretty soon it'll be January and I'll be youtubing the same old races to pass the time until Spring.

What will some do when winter arrives? Probably what quite a few race fans do during the season. Whine, complain, and talk about how it "used to be so much better."
Bernie they will complain when tracks ppd next March because of temperatures. :notlistening:

You are spot on regarding past complaints that Port finished the Saturday after Labor Day with the Tusky 50 forever.....now they give us what we want more racing before the winter months and people still gripe.

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:35 pm

I'm heading there shortly. I for one am glad they are racing. It's much colder in Feb - March and I never complained about those dates either. :cheers2:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

sprintcar121
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sprintcar121 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:13 am

vaportrails wrote:
sprintcar121 wrote:
taurus014 wrote:Gates will open at 3:00pm on Saturday the 17th. And don't forget, Fall Foliage Days at the Juniata County Fairgrounds all weekend. Here are the order of events:

4:00pm Driver’s Meeting

4:20pm Sprint Car Engine Starts

4:30pm 410 Sprint Car Hot Laps (3-sessions)
4:40pm URC/358 Sprint Car Hot Laps

4:50pm 410 Sprint Car Time Trials

Opening Ceremonies

5:15pm 410 Sprint Car Heats (8-laps)
URC/358 Heats #1 & #2 (8-laps)
Dash Redraw (Fast timer who is qualified to flag stand)
URC/358 Heat #3

410 Sprint Car Dash (6-laps)
410 Sprint Car B-Main (10 laps)
URC/358 B-Main (8-laps)

410 Sprint Car A-Main (25-laps)
URC/358 Sprint Car A-Main (25-laps)
Hopefully its not an hour late on the start time, like last Saturday. Gonna be 20 degrees colder this week than last.

I mean who comes up with this time schedule?

25 minutes from the start of time trials to the first 410 heat? Really?

Time 20+ cars... get them back across the track... allow the crews to make some quick adjustments, and then push out for the heat race in 25 minutes?

First heat will not be on the track before 6pm.
Here we go. . . . :deadhorse: Don't like it? Stay home, enough said.
Best advice I received here in a long time. Thanks. I did.

I bet the teams that wasted $$$ in diesel for nothing wish they had taken the advice too.

RunWYB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by RunWYB » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:23 am

sprintcar121 wrote:
vaportrails wrote:
sprintcar121 wrote:
Hopefully its not an hour late on the start time, like last Saturday. Gonna be 20 degrees colder this week than last.

I mean who comes up with this time schedule?

25 minutes from the start of time trials to the first 410 heat? Really?

Time 20+ cars... get them back across the track... allow the crews to make some quick adjustments, and then push out for the heat race in 25 minutes?

First heat will not be on the track before 6pm.
Here we go. . . . :deadhorse: Don't like it? Stay home, enough said.
Best advice I received here in a long time. Thanks. I did.

I bet the teams that wasted $$$ in diesel for nothing wish they had taken the advice too.

Sprintcar121......you can't help yourself can you. I for one want to take the time to thank all the teams for traveling to Port Saturday, and Susky and Path Sunday in attempt to entertain us crazy sprint car fans!

I'm excited for a new era at Susky. I'm also thankful that we hopefully will soon havea new promotional team coming to Selinsgrove, for the "new" promotional team at Port, and for guys like Freddie promoting some specials.