Susky not in PA speedweek

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
outside n flyin
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Susky not in PA speedweek

Post by outside n flyin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:33 pm

So I don't have a twitter or whatever else there is so I'll just rant here :rant:
Dad and I were talking and this seems pretty logical

What the heck!?!? Did port royal really tell speedweek that they wouldn't give susky the Thursday date???
Or did speedweek straight out tell susky "no" we wont let you in.

Also, Why the heck is port paying 7 on a Thursday and only 5 on Saturday!? Seems backwards
Why not just pay 10 on Saturday pocket the 2 extra for all I care and give susky Thursday for 5 to win. Or heck.... pay 12k to win on Saturday!! I bet you would have a LOT MORE people in the stands and cars on the track

Even driving..... gotta haul all the from md to port back down to grove and haul right back up. stupid.
could go right up to susky, grove, then port.

(yes I know they are running Thursday before. I applaud them for that. Atleast they showed they tried)

anyway.... rant done... cant wait for all of them :cheers2: :truckride:

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Susky not in PA speedweek

Post by CH_88 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:13 pm

I'd like to see Susky on the schedule because it's a great track but the fact is, they were on the schedule and over a decade ago, they for whatever reason, left the tour. It is what it is. If Port and Lincoln don't want to give up their dates, so be it. A race track is a business and as far as businesses go, running a profitable racetrack is as tough as it gets so I don't blame them one bit for doing whatever it takes to keep their Speedweek dates because it's an extra day to make some good money given the fact that speedweek shows pretty much sell themselves. As far as paying more on Thursday, that makes total sense to me. Think about it, Saturday is typically the best day to hold a race. Hence the reason most tracks run on Saturday nights every week. Due to that being the one day that most people don't have any work obligations, it's the most convenient for fans and teams alike. The extra money on Thursday is obviously a way to try and maybe entice a few more teams and fans to attend on a work night. They're going to pay $7,000 for one of the shows anyway, might as well do it on the night when you may have a few less teams and fans attend.
Way she goes.............

taurus014
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by taurus014 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:39 pm

outside n flyin wrote:So I don't have a twitter or whatever else there is so I'll just rant here :rant:

What the heck!?!? Did port royal really tell speedweek that they wouldn't give susky the Thursday date???

Also, Why the heck is port paying 7 on a Thursday and only 5 on Saturday!? Seems backwards
Why not just pay 10 on Saturday pocket the 2 extra for all I care and give susky Thursday for 5 to win. Or heck.... pay 12k to win on Saturday!! I bet you would have a LOT MORE people in the stands and cars on the track

Even driving..... gotta haul all the from md to port back down to grove and haul right back up. stupid.

(yes I know they are running Thursday before. I applaud them for that. Atleast they showed they tried)

Lincoln Speedway and Port Royal share the Thursday date every other year, so it wouldn't just be a Port Royal decision. And I have no idea how Speedweek works, who runs it, how dates are decided, etc. Also, many organizations, not just racing, do the same type of thing with regards to attracting people to their facilities.

The Hershey Bears, for example. They offer a FREE Hersheypark Pass as a promotion four times throughout the year. Those four dates are always on Wednesdays or Sundays, and I have no problem with that. Saturday hockey games are going to get a good crowd anyway, so why not try to fill the arena on those four other weekday or Sunday dates. It's a financial decision and it does work. Those 4 games are always sellouts.

This is my idea for Speedweek:
In Odd Years
:

Friday: Susquehanna
Saturday: Lincoln
Sunday: Path Valley
Monday: OFF
Tuesday: Grandview
Wednesday: Hagerstown
Thursday: OFF
Friday: Williams Grove
Saturday: Port Royal
Sunday: Selinsgrove

In Even Years:

Rascal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rascal » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:46 pm

taurus014 wrote:
outside n flyin wrote:So I don't have a twitter or whatever else there is so I'll just rant here :rant:

Lincoln Speedway and Port Royal share the Thursday date every other year, so it wouldn't just be a Port Royal decision. And I have no idea how Speedweek works, who runs it, how dates are decided, etc. Also, many organizations, not just racing, do the same type of thing with regards to attracting people to their facilities.

The Hershey Bears, for example. They offer a FREE Hersheypark Pass as a promotion four times throughout the year. Those four dates are always on Wednesdays or Sundays, and I have no problem with that. Saturday hockey games are going to get a good crowd anyway, so why not try to fill the arena on those four other weekday or Sunday dates. It's a financial decision and it does work. Those 4 games are always sellouts.

This is my idea for Speedweek:
In Odd Years
:

In Even Years:

The only thing I would change with those schedules is replacing Hagerstown with another PA track.

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:47 am

Interviewed Todd Fisher years ago and he said the speedweek schedule is made with back room deals between the tracks. If your not in the clique, your not getting in. With that said dont be surprised to see Susky on the schedule in 2017.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

HotRodBob
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by HotRodBob » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:26 pm

I'd love to see Bedford and Susky on the schedule!

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Susqy lost there speedweek race because fisher was not liked to well & the track sucked, that's the same reason Big Diamond lost there date, track sucks. I always liked Big Diamond's race when the track was good, the same for Susqy when the track is good. You gotta keep Hagerstown on the list, there's a long history of sprint cars at Hagerstown and it is a good race. The tracks all get together with other people to make the speedweek schedule. If Susqy has a good track all year they might get a date next year. The crappy track & fisher were the main reason they lost there date, that's why fisher said it's a click you need to be in to get a race, that's crap he had a date and blew it!!!
Maybe they can get the open date on Monday next year?? Or start on thu. night like this year make it a speedweek show.

winged_thunder
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by winged_thunder » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:41 pm

With all of the tracks we have to choose from, no tracks should be getting multiple dates. And how does the Grove get two shows every year? Port and Lincoln both go dark a night for the other track. The Grove isn't above anyone anymore and can certainly go dark a night for Speedweek as well. Some changes definitely need made for next year.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:34 pm

If the Trailway race goes well in a couple weeks i'd go with this next year its time for a change.

Friday - Williamsgrove
Saturday - Lincoln
Sunday - Path Valley
Tuesday - Grandview
Wednesday - Hagerstown
Thursday - Susky
Friday - Trailway
Saturday - Port
Sunday - Selinsgrove
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:11 am

Winged thunder you don't know what your talking about, the Grove only has had 2 races the last few years & it makes sence because it used to be they ran Fri. Then Sat. Lincoln started speedweek so they decided they could start speedweek on Fri., all the track have to agree to that. Then every year Port or
Lincoln have 2 races, they change every other year. Just because there's a race track in Pa. It doesn't mean you should get a race, Big Diamond used to have a race but there track went down hill & really sucks now, that's what happen to Susqy fisher drove the track into the ground & that's why they lost there race. And there's no way T-ways should have a 410 sprint car race much less a speedweek race, they don't even have many grandstand seats.

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:46 am

Shuey21 wrote:If the Trailway race goes well in a couple weeks i'd go with this next year its time for a change.

Friday - Williamsgrove
Saturday - Lincoln
Sunday - Path Valley
Tuesday - Grandview
Wednesday - Hagerstown
Thursday - Susky
Friday - Trailway
Saturday - Port
Sunday - Selinsgrove
So you're proposing to drop the Mitch Smith Memorial and add Trail-Way? I don't think that's a good idea. I'd actually like to see Trail-Way on the schedule but the Mitch Smith Memorial is the crown jewel of Speedweek and it should remain right where it is.
Way she goes.............

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Trailways should never be on the speedweek schedule it's not wide enough for any car racing, it was build for motorcycle racing. I've seen the 358's there & will never go back for sprint cars. Plus the grandstands aren't big & suck also.

JJMITCH
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by JJMITCH » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:01 am

cjettmail wrote:Trailways should never be on the speedweek schedule it's not wide enough for any car racing, it was build for motorcycle racing. I've seen the 358's there & will never go back for sprint cars. Plus the grandstands aren't big & suck also.
For one they widened Trail-Ways before the start of this year and i'd say theres more grandstands than you think. Probably just as much seating as there is at Path. :dontknow:
2018 Race Count:

Attica - 1
Eldora - 3
Grandview - 1
Hagerstown - 1
Lernerville - 1
Lincoln - 6
Path Valley - 1
Port Royal - 3
Williams Grove - 3

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:23 pm

JJMITCH wrote:
cjettmail wrote:Trailways should never be on the speedweek schedule it's not wide enough for any car racing, it was build for motorcycle racing. I've seen the 358's there & will never go back for sprint cars. Plus the grandstands aren't big & suck also.
For one they widened Trail-Ways before the start of this year and i'd say theres more grandstands than you think. Probably just as much seating as there is at Path. :dontknow:
Yeah But the mighty Fred Rahmer doesn't promote TW so it cant be as good.
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:37 am

Well if you went yesterday you will know how wrong you are with everything you said. Absolutely awesome race the 410s had last night.
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014