Susky not in PA speedweek

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Re: Susky not in PA speedweek

Post by Bill Mc » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:37 am

cjettmail wrote:Trailways should never be on the speedweek schedule it's not wide enough for any car racing, it was build for motorcycle racing. I've seen the 358's there & will never go back for sprint cars. Plus the grandstands aren't big & suck also.
Well if you went yesterday you will know how wrong you are with everything you said. Absolutely awesome race the 410s had last night.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

pell021
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by pell021 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:37 am

I've seen two of the better 410 races this year at places I've heard people say "aren't fit for sprint cars."

The Path Valley race was the best one of Speedweek and last night was a tremendous race at TW — also the first time I've seen the place.
Race Count 2016

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:09 pm

pell021 wrote:I've seen two of the better 410 races this year at places I've heard people say "aren't fit for sprint cars."

The Path Valley race was the best one of Speedweek and last night was a tremendous race at TW — also the first time I've seen the place.
Exactly. I may ruffle some feathers with what I'm about to say but it's true. Trail-Way was more fit for sprint car racing than any of the big 3 410 tracks have been all year. Instead of going out and murdering the cushion like Port, Lincoln and Williams Grove always do, they actually did some real track prep prior to the feature and look at what we got. It was the race of the year so far. And before anyone says that Williams Grove and Port can't do that because of the size of the tracks compared to the bullrings, yes you're exactly right. Port is way too big for them to go out and tear it up and rework it prior to the feature BUT they don't have to go out and destroy the cushion every chance they get either. I understand the need for the track to be wide, especially for a half mile, but there's no need to go out and beat it to a pulp when the cushion is already widening out on its own. For instance at Lincoln on Saturday night, they left the cushion alone and did nothing but go out and water it periodically. Even with running a make up feature early in the night when it was still daylight, time trials, heats for 3 divisions and consi's for both divisions, the track stayed racey until the very end of the 410 feature. If they would've done what they normally do and murder the top, it would've taken rubber early in the night. That said, Trail-Way last night was sprint car racing at its absolute finest and those who weren't there, missed out on the best racing you'll see anywhere. That was my first trip there and it certainly won't be my last.
Last edited by CH_88 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Way she goes.............

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Bill Mc wrote:
cjettmail wrote:Trailways should never be on the speedweek schedule it's not wide enough for any car racing, it was build for motorcycle racing. I've seen the 358's there & will never go back for sprint cars. Plus the grandstands aren't big & suck also.
Well if you went yesterday you will know how wrong you are with everything you said. Absolutely awesome race the 410s had last night.
Absolutely. Anyone who didn't like that race last night, doesn't like sprint car racing. Simple as that.
Way she goes.............