Amber Balcaen

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
CTtoPA
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Amber Balcaen

Post by CTtoPA » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:52 pm

Nevermind Danica, hello Amber! :pinkelephant:

She raced one year in 410 sprints. Good enough for me.

Better Living Through Chemistry

pushman
Pit Member
Pit Member

Re: Amber Balcaen

Post by pushman » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:33 am

:whistle: :whistle:

Warthog
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Warthog » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:29 pm

CTtoPA wrote:Nevermind Danica, hello Amber! :pinkelephant:

She raced one year in 410 sprints. Good enough for me.

In an ideal world, only talent, not looks, would matter, but reality being what it is, if this young lady has talent (driving, business, and in interviews and public appearances) to match her looks, and she gets some good breaks and support to help move her career along, she could be in line for some significant sponsorship and endorsement interest. It might not be "fair", but one can hardly blame anybody for making the most of whatever resources they have been blessed with, as long as they remain decent human beings in the process.
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:24 pm

When I lived in ND and used to go to River Cities she ran there a few times. The year before she ran Mini Sprints (not sure if they are the same as Micros, they call them Lightning Sprints up that way). She had wins in that class and if I remember she was roughly mid-pack at RCS when she didn't have any issues, that is a tough field for a rookie so if she stuck with it she would have progressed and probably been one of the better female drivers in dirt racing. With that said I think she had her sights set a little higher (NAPCAR) and has since moved on to Asphalt racing.

Her father is a big time LM driver up that way (Mike Balcaen) and her family is well known. I'm surprised she deviated from dirt considering it has been a viable path to the top NASCAR division(s) for many drivers so far. In fact I think it can be harder to get noticed running around NC/SC/GA/VA area in Asphalt LMs with the other 100s of young, talented, marketable drivers who all have their sights set on the same thing.

Thanks,
Jeff.