Bryan Clauson

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Bryan Clauson

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:29 am

According to his website he passed away last night 8/7/16. RIP
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

harddrive
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Bryan Clauson

Post by harddrive » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:12 am

R.I.P.
Proud Member of Sprntlover's Babysitting Service
Pa Posse Says Race or Shut Your Pie Hole!
Work hard & become a leader. Be lazy & end up a slave.
I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:54 pm

Green Hoosiers this weekend for BC.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Warthog
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Warthog » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:11 pm

RIP

Condolences to Bryan's family, friends, team, etc.

It's impossible to make our sport 100% safe. It's unlikely it would be much fun for the fans or the participants if it was 100% safe. Even so, I hope that if there are any lessons that could be learned about procedures or equipment as the crash is investigated that might make things safer, we are able to look at the situation and make reasonable changes if the facts warrant it. I don't know the details other than he crashed, then his car got hit by another car, so I don't know what, if any, changes would have helped. But let's not be afraid to examine things, and see what makes sense going forward.

It's tragic when anybody dies like this. It's more tragic if something could have prevented it, if only we''d known. But the worst is not learning and preventing the next one, if the facts show a way to better the odds that makes sense.

Is there any info yet on any sort of memorial fund, help for his family, or other such?
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!

Warthog
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Warthog » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:04 pm

Warthog wrote:RIP

Is there any info yet on any sort of memorial fund, help for his family, or other such?
I found this in a news story -

"In lieu of flowers, the family has asked for donations to the USAC Benevolent Foundation (usacbf.org)."
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!