Jack Gunn would be embarrassed by Selinsgrove Promotion

Discuss Miscellaneous Open Wheel Racing
RunWYB
Rookie
Rookie

Jack Gunn would be embarrassed by Selinsgrove Promotion

Post by RunWYB » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Jack Gunn memorial for 360 sprint cars and the first feature on the card the prostocks! Shame on you Steve, Mike and Allen....If you want to bury the place just say so and be done with it!

Where to start:

1. 360 drivers come from all over the place....here is a thought Run the sprints first.....than the Late Models....and alternate Late models and sprint Cars some.
* During victory lane of the late models let sprints leave.....I know the "Super Star" promotional team will say that will hold up the show.
* Well go watch and time the prostock victory lane until people get back across the track 10 to 15 minutes!!!!!!!!

2. Prostocks called to track at precisely 9:25.

3. Sprint Cars push off finally at 10:15 after all folks get back across the track from the prostock victory lane ceremonies the TRACKS PREMIERE Divison. :D OBTW only 50 minutes of elapsed time is fast!!!!!! That is 50 minutes less time for those that came to watch the Jack Gunn memorial for 360 Sprint Cars! those fans could leave to go home almost an hour earlier....

4. The pro stocks on a Big Half Mile in Central PA are a support division; therefore, one of their two heats would have been run right after the Sprint car B-main.

5. Was at Port Sunday for the Lucas Show....now that is promotion and proper show order.....Lucas Time trials in two groups A & B....not even 5 minutes after second group completed timing Group A was coming out for their heats.....that would have been prostock time at selinsgrove or 305's or sportsman!

Until they make it an event again Selinsgrove; my beloved home track will continue to wither away! And here is the news flash...ProStocks as the "First Event" on Big Half Miles - in Central PA ARE NOT going to revitalize a tracks following. How about we have ProStock speedweek and for Selinsgrove make it the only show on the card....how do you think the fan turnout will be?

MAYBE CHARLIE WASN'T THE WHOLE PROBLEM.....THE ONLY COMMON DENOMINATOR FROM PREVIOUS PROMOTER IS THE FORMER ANNOUNCER...IT MAYBE TIME for someone TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AN UNPLUG their EARS AND MAYBE LISTEN TO SOME FOLKS!!!!

RunWYB
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Jack Gunn would be embarrassed by Selinsgrove Promotion

Post by RunWYB » Mon May 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Credit is due to those at Selinsgrove this past Saturday. Despite rain conditions until just after 12pm the track was in tremendous shape and really no dust all night.

The order of the show was tremendous all night very little down time. The prostocks were run as a support division and is a great time for fans to head to the restrooms and concession. I don't like to miss one lap of the sprints and late models and not a fan of intermissions.....so running pro stock heats last is a great intermission for me and many around me.

Although we saw fans leave after the sprint feature many around me are late models fans an stayed. Our area cleared out after the late model feature.....

Again if I can moan and complain I can also give the highest of praise great track prep and great order of events and maintaining an effectively run program! :clap: