Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:19 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

pm bk43a he may have some pictures of this car.

stormchaserdan wrote:
I also seem to remember Tommy Spriggle doing double duty in the early 70s. I never remember seeing Smith in that 43A car- only Gary Snelbaker and later Bobby Goodling.

Barry Klinedinst built that car after Steve broke his leg back in the day I can't remember the year. (So many stories get past around at his shop its hard to keep up) all I can remember of this story was he broke his leg still wanted to race Barry built this car for him it and Steve ran part of the N.D.R.A series which was starting. these are the key points I remember. BK43a on here could probly tell you more about this car I'll have to ask Barry tonight when I see him and ill have a complete story sometime when i have time to get on here

psn tag: thefurb1593

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:10 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

railroader wrote:
Add Ed Shafer to the list of drivers that did double duty. I know he had some wins in the late model but Im not sure about him having any wins in the sprint car. I remember later in his career he ran a lot of races in westrn pa. Im thinking he may have a win at Sportsman and maybe Clinton County can anyone verify that?

He won a quite few at Selinsgrove in LM's but I don't think any in sprints, maybe at CC. I don't remember him running LM's after he moved onto sprints. There's quite a few LM drivers who tried their hand at sprints with limited success; Bobby Croop and Scotty Haus are two. LM ace Richie Jensen tried a comeback in 358 sprints that lasted only a season.

Blane Heimbach ran a few LM races in a Donnie Schick back-up car a couple years ago.

Does Jason Covert still run the 43A? I haven't seen his name in any results so far this year.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:53 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

i thought i seen covert at the last woO show, i think his picture is in this weeks aarn

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:05 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I watched Steve race that car at Hagerstown in an N.D.R.A. event,he was backin it the corners!! :shocked: Of course i haven't seen Hagerstown's surface that good for quite some time. :dontknow:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:43 pm 
Legend
Legend

:thumbright:

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You are welcome on both pics sprintwrench46. Glad I could help

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I remembered seeing this thread and recently my brother and I were going through our dad's photos albums. I believe this is Selinsgrove around 1982 (based on the date range in the book).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 pm 
Legend
Legend

:thumbright:

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 am 
Rookie
Rookie

David Scott ran both LM and sprint car at Lernerville in 2000. Won the sprint pts and was a final pts night crash away from winning both pts. that year. We had a heck of good time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:32 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Steve Smith also drove the Charlie Tabor's Garage , Baltimore , MD. # X-15 late model back in the 1980's . Pictures used to be on here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:04 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

[/img]
rewtiger wrote:
looking to see if anyone has some better pics of this car that steve smith drove back in the late 70's to early 80's. i know he won the coca cola 100 at the york fair grounds in this car, plus i believe drove it in virginia stock car series. if you do. please let me know or i can email you my email address or we can make other arrangements.
thanks

Probably too small to read, but the story of that race from TriState Speed Press.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:32 am 
Legend
Legend

hotrodney wrote:
railroader wrote:
Add Ed Shafer to the list of drivers that did double duty. I know he had some wins in the late model but Im not sure about him having any wins in the sprint car. I remember later in his career he ran a lot of races in westrn pa. Im thinking he may have a win at Sportsman and maybe Clinton County can anyone verify that?

He won a quite few at Selinsgrove in LM's but I don't think any in sprints, maybe at CC. I don't remember him running LM's after he moved onto sprints. There's quite a few LM drivers who tried their hand at sprints with limited success; Bobby Croop and Scotty Haus are two. LM ace Richie Jensen tried a comeback in 358 sprints that lasted only a season.

Blane Heimbach ran a few LM races in a Donnie Schick back-up car a couple years ago.

Does Jason Covert still run the 43A? I haven't seen his name in any results so far this year.

I'd say Scotty Haus has had more than just limited success. He just picked up his 96th LM feature win at Port Royal last Saturday night.

2014 races : 42

Port Royal 17
Williams Grove 18
Lincoln. 3
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:41 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Brent Leach wrote:
hotrodney wrote:
railroader wrote:

I'd say Scotty Haus has had more than just limited success. He just picked up his 96th LM feature win at Port Royal last Saturday night.

I remember Scott Haus driving a modified at Penn National around 30 years ago. I didn't catch him in a sprint.
Either way he's been pretty good in the LM's.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:22 am 
Legend
Legend

zervakis01 wrote:
Steve Smith also drove the Charlie Tabor's Garage , Baltimore , MD. # X-15 late model back in the 1980's . Pictures used to be on here.

2014 race count

Williams Grove-4
Lincoln- 17
Trail Way -13
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.