steve smith dirt stock car pics

Discuss old school racing
Ted
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: some dirt track somewhere

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by Ted » Sat May 21, 2011 11:19 am

pm bk43a he may have some pictures of this car.

stormchaserdan wrote:I also seem to remember Tommy Spriggle doing double duty in the early 70s. I never remember seeing Smith in that 43A car- only Gary Snelbaker and later Bobby Goodling.
Barry Klinedinst built that car after Steve broke his leg back in the day I can't remember the year. (So many stories get past around at his shop its hard to keep up) all I can remember of this story was he broke his leg still wanted to race Barry built this car for him it and Steve ran part of the N.D.R.A series which was starting. these are the key points I remember. BK43a on here could probly tell you more about this car I'll have to ask Barry tonight when I see him and ill have a complete story sometime when i have time to get on here
Miller time turned to Schlitz time!.
12 out of last 16

psn tag: thefurb1593

User avatar
hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4714
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm
Location: 704 Houser St.

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by hotrodney » Mon May 23, 2011 2:10 am

railroader wrote:Add Ed Shafer to the list of drivers that did double duty. I know he had some wins in the late model but Im not sure about him having any wins in the sprint car. I remember later in his career he ran a lot of races in westrn pa. Im thinking he may have a win at Sportsman and maybe Clinton County can anyone verify that?
He won a quite few at Selinsgrove in LM's but I don't think any in sprints, maybe at CC. I don't remember him running LM's after he moved onto sprints. There's quite a few LM drivers who tried their hand at sprints with limited success; Bobby Croop and Scotty Haus are two. LM ace Richie Jensen tried a comeback in 358 sprints that lasted only a season.

Blane Heimbach ran a few LM races in a Donnie Schick back-up car a couple years ago.

Does Jason Covert still run the 43A? I haven't seen his name in any results so far this year.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

User avatar
poconoposse
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:47 pm
Location: poconos
Contact:

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by poconoposse » Mon May 23, 2011 8:53 pm

i thought i seen covert at the last woO show, i think his picture is in this weeks aarn

User avatar
bschriver11
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by bschriver11 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:05 pm

I watched Steve race that car at Hagerstown in an N.D.R.A. event,he was backin it the corners!! :shocked: Of course i haven't seen Hagerstown's surface that good for quite some time. :dontknow:

User avatar
sprntlover
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4517
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:04 am
Location: Elizabethtown, PA

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by sprntlover » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Image
Editing Is A Rewording Activity

User avatar
supertc88
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14713
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: PA POSSE Country

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by supertc88 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:43 pm

:thumbright:
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

User avatar
sprntlover
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4517
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:04 am
Location: Elizabethtown, PA

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by sprntlover » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:32 pm

You are welcome on both pics sprintwrench46. Glad I could help
Editing Is A Rewording Activity

bskarter4
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by bskarter4 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 pm

I remembered seeing this thread and recently my brother and I were going through our dad's photos albums. I believe this is Selinsgrove around 1982 (based on the date range in the book).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
supertc88
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14713
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: PA POSSE Country

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by supertc88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 pm

:thumbright:
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

User avatar
dirtfan
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by dirtfan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 am

David Scott ran both LM and sprint car at Lernerville in 2000. Won the sprint pts and was a final pts night crash away from winning both pts. that year. We had a heck of good time.

zervakis01
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by zervakis01 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Steve Smith also drove the Charlie Tabor's Garage , Baltimore , MD. # X-15 late model back in the 1980's . Pictures used to be on here.

stick07pa
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by stick07pa » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:04 pm

[/img]
rewtiger wrote:looking to see if anyone has some better pics of this car that steve smith drove back in the late 70's to early 80's. i know he won the coca cola 100 at the york fair grounds in this car, plus i believe drove it in virginia stock car series. if you do. please let me know or i can email you my email address or we can make other arrangements.
thanks
Probably too small to read, but the story of that race from TriState Speed Press.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Brent Leach
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9244
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:59 am

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by Brent Leach » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:32 am

hotrodney wrote:
railroader wrote:Add Ed Shafer to the list of drivers that did double duty. I know he had some wins in the late model but Im not sure about him having any wins in the sprint car. I remember later in his career he ran a lot of races in westrn pa. Im thinking he may have a win at Sportsman and maybe Clinton County can anyone verify that?
He won a quite few at Selinsgrove in LM's but I don't think any in sprints, maybe at CC. I don't remember him running LM's after he moved onto sprints. There's quite a few LM drivers who tried their hand at sprints with limited success; Bobby Croop and Scotty Haus are two. LM ace Richie Jensen tried a comeback in 358 sprints that lasted only a season.

Blane Heimbach ran a few LM races in a Donnie Schick back-up car a couple years ago.

Does Jason Covert still run the 43A? I haven't seen his name in any results so far this year.
I'd say Scotty Haus has had more than just limited success. He just picked up his 96th LM feature win at Port Royal last Saturday night.
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

User avatar
jaskfs
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:47 pm
Location: Ono

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by jaskfs » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:41 am

Brent Leach wrote:
hotrodney wrote:
railroader wrote:Add Ed Shafer to the list of drivers that did double duty. I know he had some wins in the late model but Im not sure about him having any wins in the sprint car. I remember later in his career he ran a lot of races in westrn pa. Im thinking he may have a win at Sportsman and maybe Clinton County can anyone verify that?
He won a quite few at Selinsgrove in LM's but I don't think any in sprints, maybe at CC. I don't remember him running LM's after he moved onto sprints. There's quite a few LM drivers who tried their hand at sprints with limited success; Bobby Croop and Scotty Haus are two. LM ace Richie Jensen tried a comeback in 358 sprints that lasted only a season.

Blane Heimbach ran a few LM races in a Donnie Schick back-up car a couple years ago.

Does Jason Covert still run the 43A? I haven't seen his name in any results so far this year.
I'd say Scotty Haus has had more than just limited success. He just picked up his 96th LM feature win at Port Royal last Saturday night.
I remember Scott Haus driving a modified at Penn National around 30 years ago. I didn't catch him in a sprint.
Either way he's been pretty good in the LM's.

User avatar
Bill Mc
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5214
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:17 am
Contact:

Re: steve smith dirt stock car pics

Post by Bill Mc » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:22 am

zervakis01 wrote:Steve Smith also drove the Charlie Tabor's Garage , Baltimore , MD. # X-15 late model back in the 1980's . Pictures used to be on here.
Image
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests