Hank Jacoby

Post by old racer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:06 pm

I shot this at the Port.

trecraft
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hank Jacoby

Post by trecraft » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:43 pm

Old Racer, you just made my day. You just posted three of my all time sprint car favorites. Western Pa and Eastern PA. And all behind a Trevis at one time or another. Play that lottery today. You certainly deserve to win with those postings. :D :yessss: :thumbright: :jiggy: :clap:

old racer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by old racer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:51 pm

trecraft wrote:Old Racer, you just made my day. You just posted three of my all time sprint car favorites. Western Pa and Eastern PA. And all behind a Trevis at one time or another. Play that lottery today. You certainly deserve to win with those postings. :D :yessss: :thumbright: :jiggy: :clap:
I think I also have photos of Buddy Cochan and Frank Gorichy. I will look for them.

trecraft
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trecraft » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:31 pm

A couple of stories. In the late 60's my dad and I were at Tampa Fairgrounds for the winter races. I met a racer names Jon Backlund from the midwest and told him we were from PA. He said he had seen a driver from PA but he couldn't remember his name but gave this observation. He had seen this driver out of the car and said he didn't walk, he floated. Backlund also said if they told him this guy could walk on water, he would believe it. And as soon as I told him the name, he recognized it. Bobbi Adamson. One night at Mercer, Henry Jacoby had a bad wreck on a Wednesday. He didn't get out of the hospital until Friday. That week end the races were rained out. The next Saturday my dad and I were up at Tri City. There was a # 4 and the car won the dash, it's heat and the feature. I told my dad we were going to into the pits and see who was driving for Henry. We found out. Henry was driving. The blood vessels had broken in both eyes and you wondered how he could even see. He smiled and said it wasn't as bad as it looked. And loved watching Steve Travers at Tri City in O. Preston's # 19. Didn't get and better than that and the Champ # 96. And then later in his own # 19 and # T1 Trevis cars.

ezstreet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ezstreet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Thanks for the photo old racer!

supertc88
Legend
Legend

Post by supertc88 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 pm

NICE one! :thumbright:
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

Racer
Racer

Post by 1080 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:43 pm

I believe this 4 may have become Steve Swarmers car?
2016 Attendance

Speed Palace - 20

Susky - 1

dirtfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dirtfan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:31 pm

trecraft wrote:A couple of stories. In the late 60's my dad and I were at Tampa Fairgrounds for the winter races. I met a racer names Jon Backlund from the midwest and told him we were from PA. He said he had seen a driver from PA but he couldn't remember his name but gave this observation. He had seen this driver out of the car and said he didn't walk, he floated. Backlund also said if they told him this guy could walk on water, he would believe it. And as soon as I told him the name, he recognized it. Bobbi Adamson. One night at Mercer, Henry Jacoby had a bad wreck on a Wednesday. He didn't get out of the hospital until Friday. That week end the races were rained out. The next Saturday my dad and I were up at Tri City. There was a # 4 and the car won the dash, it's heat and the feature. I told my dad we were going to into the pits and see who was driving for Henry. We found out. Henry was driving. The blood vessels had broken in both eyes and you wondered how he could even see. He smiled and said it wasn't as bad as it looked. And loved watching Steve Travers at Tri City in O. Preston's # 19. Didn't get and better than that and the Champ # 96. And then later in his own # 19 and # T1 Trevis cars.
You bring back a lot of memories of Steve Travers adn TCS i grew up there in the late 70's early 80's w/ B Cochran, Blaney, Lynch, Doty, Beaber, little Eddie Murphy, what a great time.

Mr. Port

Post by Mr. Port » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:25 am

1080 wrote:I believe this 4 may have become Steve Swarmers car?
That is true 1080.

ezstreet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ezstreet » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks oldracer! These photos are absolutely wonderful!!

trecraft
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trecraft » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Mr. Port wrote:
1080 wrote:I believe this 4 may have become Steve Swarmers car?
That is true 1080.
Then it became the #4 restored Trevis owned by the Fidler family.