Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I was curious to know what ever happened to these two drivers or if there still connected to racing in anyway.

I remember as a kid attending a speedweek one year and seeing Hartman drive a car, and correct me if i'm wrong i thought it was one of sorokach's cars because at the time it was painted identical to alan cole's, it was a white car with a red/orange 39.

I remember after that week there was an article in one of the racing programs talking about him and how he was doing so well for himself after qualifying for all the speedweek shows but never heard anything years later.

The other driver is Jason Hagenbach. He drove a white 410, lettered in yellow it was a 17H. If i'm correct I remember at the grove him going out for a qualifying heat at the jack gunn triple 20's and bruce saying over the speaker he was a rookie of the year. To me he seemed to be a good driver. If I'm not mistaken he had his own construction company as a sponsor on the side.

Is this just another unfortuanate story of the tremendous expense of 410 racing?

And maybe someone can also answer, If I'm not mistaking for a half season when Susky ran 410's there was a Aussie guy named Peter Attard who drove his car, or it just looked very similiar to Jasons.

I know this isn't the photo section but if anyone has a picture of these two cars I'd love to see them, I always enjoy seeing pictures from the late 90's and early 2000's it brings back alot of childhood memories.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:28 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Richie Hartman is doing well in the Micro Sprints and has been a Multi Time Champion in the 270's. He did drive for Charlie Sorokach in his Super Sportsman and then the 410 Sprint. The car was #39 which was the number Richie had always used which was the same number his Dad used when he raced Modifieds. The Sorokach Team made a change right after Speedweek of that year 2004 and Hartman was replaced by Alan Cole. The car was then renumbered #35 which is the one they use today.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:57 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Peter bought all of Jasons stuff when Jason got out of it. Not sure what ever happen to Peter..He was a gasser..like all the Aussies!!!

I think Peter came within a lap or 2 of winning a race at Susky...??

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Still in the #39 today.....

"T-o-p-l-e-s-s.... TOPLESS!!"

"Take a nice cool drink..."

2014 Race Counter

Grandview - 4
Lanco - 2
Port Royal - 1
Williams Grove - 4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:52 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Yes, Richie's dad Rich Hartman drove a blue #39 Late Model and later Modified at Big Diamond in the 70s. I think its cool that Richie keeps that number around.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:34 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

richie's a tough customer in 270's... he's one of those guys who can bring out the best in his competitors... stand-up guy.