Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:07 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Knoxville 1990
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:01 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Watching some videos on YouTube, I was just thinking that '90 had to have been one of the best Nationals, for two reasons:

1) Allen won an exciting race. WOOOO SCRUFFY! :pinkelephant:
2) Wolfgang! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ6lDrZGcXg

I remember seeing an interview with Wolfie when he was getting ready to compete for the D-Main. The competitive fire in Wolfgang's eyes is like nothing I've ever seen in sprint car racing. The man raced hard and classy with a sheer determination to do anything possible to win. Always the best, Wolfie!

Post subject: Re: Knoxville 1990
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:50 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Many thanks for posting that video.My wife and I started going to the Nationals in 92.In 95 Steve Kinser and Dave Blaney did some marching through the pack.Steve started 14th in the finale and came through to win it. Blaney started the night 14th in the B-Main and came all the way through to win it.In the A-Main,Blaney and Jeff Swindell came all the way from 21st and 24th to the top 5.At one point Blaney was 3rd and was by Kinser for the lead but the yellow came out and was sent back to 3rd.His r/r tire sealed over and he fell to 4th in the 2lap finish.Jeff Swindell got 3rd. It was great night of racing. All sprint car fans should try to attend at least one Knoxville Nationals.

Post subject: Re: Knoxville 1990
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:42 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Was the 95 KN race the one were they came back from a commercial and they were showing the two lead cars
and I think one was Sammy not sure the other, but all of a sudden a green streak passed both on the high side and they
said nobody ever came from that far back (14th) to win the Nationals???? :cheers2: :thinking:

PS where can I get a video of that race??