Why he is King

Discuss old school racing
GOSHOW
Legend
Legend

Why he is King

Post by GOSHOW » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:26 am

I know this isn't really racing in the past but I wanted to share this with most of my friends on here. This past summer when Steve won at the Grove he took time to share it with my Grandson, Trey. Steve has long been an idol of Trey's and it was so special for an 8 year old to see his idol win and spend some time with him after the race. Just as I remember sitting in the 1080 at about the same age and 1080 remembers sitting in the # 1, Trey will remember this the rest of his life. Steve had time to talk racing and treat Trey like he knew him all his life. Made the night so special for Pop's best buddy.

DrakPak
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Why he is King

Post by DrakPak » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:28 am

Pretty cool stuff GO!! Trey will remember that the rest of his life.............and not just the part about meeting Steve, but the great night he spent with his Grandpop!!
Loyal Cornhusker fan since Monday November 7, 2011.

GOSHOW
Legend
Legend

Post by GOSHOW » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:29 am

I don't think Trey will change the paint scheme or number of his Kart any time soon.

Buildy
Legend
Legend

Post by Buildy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:50 am

:thumbleft: :clap:

Steve is a great guy and Trey`s pap isn`t a bad guy either :thumbright:
Last edited by Buildy on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

c4
Legend
Legend

Post by c4 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:17 pm

back when there was a "kinser racing apparel"......they had a booth at motorsports.
chris was very young at the time... and we were at the booth when steve walked up.
chris and steve started talking, steve put chris up on his sholders and said "be back in a bit, we are gonna go eat lunch"......about an hour later they came back. they talked for a little bit more and steve gave chris his business card......with the home number written on it....and told him that if he ever needed anything, just give him a call.
we still have the card.....along with many other kinser items.....mostly all autographed...but its the card and an autographed poster of the valvoline car that are the biggest treasures.

dirtfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dirtfan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:13 pm

awesome stuff and what makes racing so special. i worked for Dave Scott in West. Pa before moving down to Central PA and anytime you could spend with a kid in the hauler or putting them in seat was rewarding the smiles they left with, you know you made a fan for life just by giving them a few minutes of your time......

ezstreet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ezstreet » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:13 pm

Nice GOSHOW and good for your grandson!

old racer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by old racer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:08 pm

:thumbright: