Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trim's Automotive
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:38 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Anyone have memories and facts of the Trim's Automotive sprint car from the 1970's?

Post subject: Re: Trim's Automotive
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:46 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I recall Kramer Williamson in Trim's car at Hagerstown having a flat tire and losing a lap before they could get the tire changed and a yellow allowed him to rejoin the race with nine laps to go and you would never guess who the winner was that night.Kramer Williamson! From a lap down to victory lane in nine laps!Trim said they put the wrong tire on but Kramer don't care he just drives the hell out of it. I'm pretty sure that was the same year he dominated the hub city 100 at Hagerstown as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:55 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I was there at Hag. that nite Jack had to pay Kramer and Van first place money because Kramer never unlapped himself he came from the rear and scoring never scored him a lap down they thought he tagged the rear right as the field took the green on the restart going into turn 1, but he came out as the field completed one lap after the restart thus one lap down :ahhhh: :thinking:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:03 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

My dad told me a story once that Pitzer was driving Trim's car somewhere for a wingless race. Pitzer won the race, and was telling Trim how as the race went on he kept jacking weight into the right front bar (yes they ran weight jackers back then) and how the car kept getting better and better. Well Trim showed him the stop, that the weight jack was connected to and the bolt was backed completely out of it. Instead of jacking weight into, Pitzer took it out of that corner. While you might think that he was mistaken for what he did, Trim actually wanted to prove a point. He purposely made a stop with a reverse threaded bolt just to prove what a car would do with the car was going to do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

jcwracing10 wrote:
My dad told me a story once that Pitzer was driving Trim's car somewhere for a wingless race. Pitzer won the race, and was telling Trim how as the race went on he kept jacking weight into the right front bar (yes they ran weight jackers back then) and how the car kept getting better and better. Well Trim showed him the stop, that the weight jack was connected to and the bolt was backed completely out of it. Instead of jacking weight into, Pitzer took it out of that corner. While you might think that he was mistaken for what he did, Trim actually wanted to prove a point. He purposely made a stop with a reverse threaded bolt just to prove what a car would do with the car was going to do.

Anyone have a picture of Captain Crunch with or in the # 25? That would be a great photo. :yessss:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:32 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

This is the car your looking for.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:50 pm 
Legend
Legend

NICE pictures! :thumbright:

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:03 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

tjtrackrabbit wrote:

I have a picture of your yellow # 24 in line for the pits at Williams Grove in August of 1986. _____________ Auto Body. ______________ Radiator. ___________________ Service. Mech________________. Still have that red Ford pickup? Had that been the Willett # 22. Where did that car go from you? :yessss:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:28 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

trecraft wrote:
tjtrackrabbit wrote:

I have a picture of your yellow # 24 in line for the pits at Williams Grove in August of 1986. _____________ Auto Body. ______________ Radiator. ___________________ Service. Mech________________. Still have that red Ford pickup? Had that been the Willett # 22. Where did that car go from you? :yessss:

Wow I would love to have that pic ! The yellow car was the last Brewer #35. That car is long ago been trashed,not by me .LOL The Willett 22 changed many hands. The last guy who had it that I know of forgot who he sold it to. His name was Gary Feller from Ohio.