Bobby Brymesser..RIP

Discuss old school racing
Racer
Racer

Bobby Brymesser..RIP

Post by 1080 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Surprised this wasn't posted....Bobby Brymesser of Carlisle passed away last week. His services were today.

Bobby was a legendary racer from Carlisle with a career that spanned from the 50's to the 70's. He raced at Silver Springs, Blue Mountain, Davis Lane, Walnut Dale, Williams Grove, Selinsgrove, Port Royal, Fredericksburg, Lincoln, Susquehanna, St. Thomas, and on and on.

He finished second in the Silver Springs points race in 1962 5 points behind Jimmy Sheaffer. He finished second in a lot of races to Ray Tilley in the mid 60's.

His most famous ride may have been when he drove the Ken Appler 77. He also drove the Foray 4A, Haines 71, Ausherman 77, Hurley 71, Flack 22, and others who I don't know.

Rest in peace Bobby!
2016 Attendance

Speed Palace - 20

Susky - 1

supertc88
Legend
Legend

Re: Bobby Brymesser..RIP

Post by supertc88 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:07 pm

RIP Bobby!

My condolences to his Family and Friends!
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

Rookie
Rookie

Post by 1718 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:34 pm

1080 wrote:Surprised this wasn't posted....Bobby Brymesser of Carlisle passed away last week. His services were today.

Bobby was a legendary racer from Carlisle with a career that spanned from the 50's to the 70's. He raced at Silver Springs, Blue Mountain, Davis Lane, Walnut Dale, Williams Grove, Selinsgrove, Port Royal, Fredericksburg, Lincoln, Susquehanna, St. Thomas, and on and on.

He finished second in the Silver Springs points race in 1962 5 points behind Jimmy Sheaffer. He finished second in a lot of races to Ray Tilley in the mid 60's.

His most famous ride may have been when he drove the Ken Appler 77. He also drove the Foray 4A, Haines 71, Ausherman 77, Hurley 71, Flack 22, and others who I don't know.

Rest in peace Bobby!
I worked for Appler when Bobby drove the 77, He was always fun to be around!
Rest in peace my friend
Tom Sanders

harddrive
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by harddrive » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:28 am

R.I.P.
Proud Member of Sprntlover's Babysitting Service
Pa Posse Says Race or Shut Your Pie Hole!
Work hard & become a leader. Be lazy & end up a slave.
I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

55s The seabold u1
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by 55s The seabold u1 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:55 am

R.I.P. !!!
" WHO WON "
"To drive one of these things is pretty wicked. To drive one with no brakes, it's a lot of fun!!!" -Chad Layton

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Sorry to here that. Bobby was one of my favorites back in the day. The red 77 was a fast car.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

Double D Fan
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Double D Fan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 am

Very sorry to hear this, Bobby was always one of my favorites whatever he ran. I remember the night the #77 caught fire at Lincoln. Everyone was praying for him to get out and be OK. Luckily he did, but the next week he had a firesuit on, instead of his famous plaid shirt. RIP, Bobby.

bgddyl
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bgddyl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:05 am

sorry to hear about bobby. I saw him race at silversprings when i was a kid.