PSU - Michigan State

Discuss anything to do with Sports.
STH54
Rookie
Rookie

PSU - Michigan State

Post by STH54 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:14 pm

Anyone else going up tomorrow? It is going to be cold!!
Did you know that you could sucker punch somebody in the pits at the Grove in front of 2000 witnesses and have the rules not apply to you and then win the biggest race of the year? Yeah, I didn't know the rules only applied to certain people either!

hookedondirt7
Pit Member
Pit Member

Re: PSU - Michigan State

Post by hookedondirt7 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:15 pm

Before the Iowa game ( :ahhh: ) there was talk that ABC might pick the game up for Saturday Night Football. Now THAT would have been cold.

BigNugs87
Racer
Racer

Post by BigNugs87 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:37 pm

We'll be there. Leaving Carlisle at 6am. :cheers2: :cheers: :icon_pidu: :fire:
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

shafferfan88
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by shafferfan88 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:36 pm

Congrats to PSU on a great season. Now play like that against USC and there will be no problem. :bananadance:

BigNugs87
Racer
Racer

Post by BigNugs87 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:44 pm

shafferfan88 wrote:Congrats to PSU on a great season. Now play like that against USC and there will be no problem. :bananadance:
Don't you mean Oregon State?
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

shafferfan88
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by shafferfan88 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:51 pm

;) I forgot about that. I would rather it be against USC though to shut of "TheKing".

racehead
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by racehead » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:15 pm

I hope to god Oregon beats OSU next week, cause who wants to see a rematch of week 2 when State killed them. I'm getting really sick listening to Brent Musberger repeatedly gloat when he talks of the rematch in Pasadena with OSU. come on,,,look at OSU's results. Other than the fluke win against USC, they are by far impressive enough to make the Rose bowl anything but a weak, and boring match up. On the other hand, I'm dreaming of a PSU vs. USC. Oregon is no sloutch at 8-3. GO DUCKS NEXT WEEK.

Gordy420

Post by Gordy420 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:22 pm

racehead wrote:I hope to god Oregon beats OSU next week, cause who wants to see a rematch of week 2 when State killed them. I'm getting really sick listening to Brent Musberger repeatedly gloat when he talks of the rematch in Pasadena with OSU. come on,,,look at OSU's results. Other than the fluke win against USC, they are by far impressive enough to make the Rose bowl anything but a weak, and boring match up. On the other hand, I'm dreaming of a PSU vs. USC. Oregon is no sloutch at 8-3. GO DUCKS NEXT WEEK.
Will have my money,house,wife and the dog on the Ducks,Wont even need no points,straight up.My bet is still USC/Penn State Rose Bowl.

racehead
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by racehead » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:36 pm

[/quote]Will have my money,house,wife and the dog on the Ducks,Wont even need no points,straight up.My bet is still USC/Penn State Rose Bowl.[/quote]

:agreed:

Ok, I've officially thrown up while listening to Brent mushroomberger. He just said that USC does'nt want to waste their time playing against a Big Ten team in the Rose Bowl. Granted, the Big Ten is'nt a powerhouse conference this year, but at least the Big Ten champion is dam near close. USC is pathetic, and the only thing I'm wishing for for X-Mas is a thrashing of USC.

77geek

Post by 77geek » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:29 am

Penn State should be playing the Sooners :thumbleft:

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:50 am

racehead wrote:I hope to god Oregon beats OSU next week, cause who wants to see a rematch of week 2 when State killed them. I'm getting really sick listening to Brent Musberger repeatedly gloat when he talks of the rematch in Pasadena with OSU. come on,,,look at OSU's results. Other than the fluke win against USC, they are by far impressive enough to make the Rose bowl anything but a weak, and boring match up. On the other hand, I'm dreaming of a PSU vs. USC. Oregon is no sloutch at 8-3. GO DUCKS NEXT WEEK.
I agree, I don't care for re-matches in college football and I think USC-Penn State would make for a great game. Go Ducks!
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

TheKing11
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by TheKing11 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:34 pm

shafferfan88 wrote:;) I forgot about that. I would rather it be against USC though to shut of "TheKing".

??? Not a USC fan :thinking:

Couldn't care less what bowl game PSU is in just so its not the BCS championship.

BigNugs87
Racer
Racer

Post by BigNugs87 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm sorry but the AP Poll that was put out today absolutely sucks. Oklahoma absolutely dominates the #2 team in the country and is NOT ranked 2nd? I smell a conspiracy. Hopefully the BCS Poll is right and put Oklahoma where they belong, ranked #2.

Also, I don't believe Texas Tech should've dropped to #7, they should have dropped no further than #4 or #5.
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

JJMITCH
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by JJMITCH » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:27 pm

im glad there 7 from 2 psu dropped from 3 to 8 sounds fair to me
2017 Races Attended:

Bedford: 1
Grandview: 1
Hagerstown: 1
Lincoln: 4
Path Valley: 1
Port Royal: 5
Williams Grove: 9

BigNugs87
Racer
Racer

Post by BigNugs87 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

JJMITCH wrote:im glad there 7 from 2 psu dropped from 3 to 8 sounds fair to me
I never complained about PSU dropping 5 spots. They deserves to by losing to a non-ranked team. But Texas Tech lost to a good team that was ranked also in the top 5. They should not have dropped that far.
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!