Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: PSU - Michigan State
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:04 pm 
Legend
Legend

They didn't just lose, they were dominated, destroyed and embarrassed. If that game is close, then they only drop a couple spots. A 5 spot drop is totally deserving for a 40+ point loss regardless of who you play.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:11 pm 
Legend
Legend

racehead wrote:
Ok, I've officially thrown up while listening to Brent mushroomberger. He just said that USC does'nt want to waste their time playing against a Big Ten team in the Rose Bowl. Granted, the Big Ten is'nt a powerhouse conference this year, but at least the Big Ten champion is dam near close. USC is pathetic, and the only thing I'm wishing for for X-Mas is a thrashing of USC.

I agree with him. USC has beaten the Big Ten rep handily each of the last two years. I'm not saying that the same would happen this year with PSU, but if they get to play Texas in one of the other bowls, I believe that would be the preferred matchup for them. They'd just prefer to not have the chance of another lopsided game vs. the Big Ten. Remember, its all but a home game for them.

It would suck for PSU to have to play OSU again though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:18 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

lefty wrote:
They didn't just lose, they were dominated, destroyed and embarrassed. If that game is close, then they only drop a couple spots. A 5 spot drop is totally deserving for a 40+ point loss regardless of who you play.

Exactly :cheers2:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:17 pm 
Racer
Racer

lefty wrote:

I look at it in a different perspective though. Every team has a bad game and last night was texas tech's bad game of the year. They have proven that they are 100% better than what last night has shown and I believe they don't deserve to drop that far. Oh well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:49 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

BigNugs87 wrote:
I'm sorry but the AP Poll that was put out today absolutely sucks. Oklahoma absolutely dominates the #2 team in the country and is NOT ranked 2nd? I smell a conspiracy. Hopefully the BCS Poll is right and put Oklahoma where they belong, ranked #2.

Also, I don't believe Texas Tech should've dropped to #7, they should have dropped no further than #4 or #5.

I like the New AP Poll.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:22 pm 
Racer
Racer

TheKing11 wrote:
BigNugs87 wrote:
I'm sorry but the AP Poll that was put out today absolutely sucks. Oklahoma absolutely dominates the #2 team in the country and is NOT ranked 2nd? I smell a conspiracy. Hopefully the BCS Poll is right and put Oklahoma where they belong, ranked #2.

Also, I don't believe Texas Tech should've dropped to #7, they should have dropped no further than #4 or #5.

I like the New AP Poll.

Of course you would, you a biased fan towards Florida. Oklahoma belongs in the 2 spot, not Florida. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:21 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Florida is the best team in the country and I'm not in any way a fan of the Gators. If they beat FSU and 'Bama(which they will) they will be in the NC.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:02 pm 
Racer
Racer

#1. Alabama
#2........................

Texas.

:cwm4:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:52 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

BigNugs87 wrote:
TheKing11 wrote:
BigNugs87 wrote:

I like the New AP Poll.

Of course you would, you a biased fan towards Florida. Oklahoma belongs in the 2 spot, not Florida. :roll:

Haha you are calling me a biased fan? YOU???

Of course I think OK should be number 2. I have no control over who they rank #2 but I am happy that Florida is 2 why wouldn't I be.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:47 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

See the AP poll is nothing when it comes to the BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS SERIES. Where is Florida in the BCS standings. O thats right not #2 they are 4th as they should be UNLESS they beat 'Bama.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:04 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

brianwegs wrote:
See the AP poll is nothing when it comes to the BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS SERIES. Where is Florida in the BCS standings. O thats right not #2 they are 4th as they should be UNLESS they beat 'Bama.

Actually the AP poll does mean something to the BCS poll.

With that said it has been a well know fact for about 2-3 weeks now that Florida has to win the SEC to be in the National Championship game. I have said that from the start.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:22 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

TheKing11 wrote:
brianwegs wrote:

Actually the AP poll does mean something to the BCS poll.

The AP poll doesn't mean anything.....The USA Today (Coaches) Poll and the Harris Poll account for 2/3 of the BCS and the CPU rankings make up the other 1/3.

Proof: http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility

Selinsgrove - 2
Lincoln - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:08 am 
Racer
Racer

TheKing11 wrote:
Haha you are calling me a biased fan? YOU???

Of course I think OK should be number 2. I have no control over who they rank #2 but I am happy that Florida is 2 why wouldn't I be.

As much as I wanted PSU to be #1, I ALWAYS knew there were teams that were better. You my friend, think that nobody is better than Florida. :notlistening:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:31 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you fastfreddie04 for pointing that out to "theking". Ill just post it here so they dont OVERLOOK that part of the topic!!

BCS Standings

The Harris Interactive College Football Poll, USA Today Coaches Poll and computer rankings each comprise one-third of the BCS Standings. To derive the three percentages, each team is assigned an inverse point total (25 for No. 1, 24 for No. 2, etc.)

The two poll percentages are calculated by dividing each team's point total by a maximum 2850 possible points (Harris) and 1525 possible points (USA Today). The computer rankings percentage is calculated by dropping the highest and lowest ranking for each team and then dividing the remaining total by 100 (the maximum possible points).

The BCS Average is calculated by averaging the percentage totals of the Harris Interactive Poll, USA Today Poll, and computer rankings. The teams' BCS Averages are ranked to produce the BCS Standings.

The six computer ranking providers are Anderson & Hester, Richard Billingsley, Colley Matrix, Kenneth Massey, Jeff Sagarin and Peter Wolfe. Each computer ranking provider accounts for schedule strength within its formula.

Therefore, the AP POLL DOES NOT MEAN CHIT.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:44 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Gordy420 wrote:
racehead wrote:
I hope to god Oregon beats OSU next week, cause who wants to see a rematch of week 2 when State killed them. I'm getting really sick listening to Brent Musberger repeatedly gloat when he talks of the rematch in Pasadena with OSU. come on,,,look at OSU's results. Other than the fluke win against USC, they are by far impressive enough to make the Rose bowl anything but a weak, and boring match up. On the other hand, I'm dreaming of a PSU vs. USC. Oregon is no sloutch at 8-3. GO DUCKS NEXT WEEK.

Will have my money,house,wife and the dog on the Ducks,Wont even need no points,straight up.My bet is still USC/Penn State Rose Bowl.

Be careful there. A oregon state win means 2 teams in the BCS which is big $$ for the conference.