Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: let's go eagles
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:30 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Cali wrote:
Paging Drak Paging Drak! Some one left the lug nuts on the Eagles wagon loose and we need a trained professional to tighten them up before they fall completely off!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :poking: :poking:

Sorry guys I wanted to see a turnpike series just as bad as the rest but its not looking that good right at the moment!

:notlistening: :ahhh:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:48 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

DrakPak wrote:
Cali wrote:
Paging Drak Paging Drak! Some one left the lug nuts on the Eagles wagon loose and we need a trained professional to tighten them up before they fall completely off!!!

Sorry guys I wanted to see a turnpike series just as bad as the rest but its not looking that good right at the moment!

How many years have we been trying this ? :thinking: maybe next year :tt04: :tt04: :tt04: :tt04:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:44 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

you tha man Drak. You are a very good sport. I wanted the eagles to win just as bad as you. GO FIGURE. :poking: :thumbleft:

Because ladies and Gentlemen it is SHOWTIME AT WILLIAMS GROVE SPEEDWAY now!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 pm 
Same here rooting for the PA bowl all day,hell the entire stiller house was chanting E-A-G-L-E-S ,always next year.Heard the after the iggles lost,most of the fans turned raven fans,not cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:20 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

DrakPak wrote:
Cali wrote:
Paging Drak Paging Drak! Some one left the lug nuts on the Eagles wagon loose and we need a trained professional to tighten them up before they fall completely off!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :poking: :poking:

Paker...I am finally with you on McNabb. When the defense was having trouble in the first half, he could have kept them in the game. He had all day to throw and continually missed open receivers. In the 3rd quarter he played better. Then, when the heat was on in the 4th, he had some very bad throws.

The problem with "moving on" is that this team is pretty close and to start over with another QB (unless it is Matt Cassel) will probably cost you 2 years. The Eagles are 25M under the cap so they could 1) go after Matt Cassel and release McNabb and 2) upgrade the WR corp.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:11 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Tweedlee wrote:
When the defense was having trouble in the first half
The problem with "moving on" is that this team is pretty close and to start over with another QB (unless it is Matt Cassel) will probably cost you 2 years. The Eagles are 25M under the cap so they could 1) go after Matt Cassel and release McNabb and 2) upgrade the WR corp.

So in the eyes of Eagles fans its ok for the D to have a bad games and let the same guy score 3 times in the first half.? But It is not ok for McNabb to have a bad game ever tho. HAHA

You might want to go for option 2 Tweedlee. Remember who Cassel was throwing to.

You will be sorry when Mcnabb is gone trust me... McNabb should go somewhre where the fans will appreaciate him.. Philly is a dump.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:14 pm 
Legend
Legend

Quote:
You will be sorry when Mcnabb is gone trust me..

i agree 100% on that. Mcnabb is very unappreciated in Philly.

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:24 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Yeah, really, did McNabb give up a 17-play, +5 minute TD drive when the game was on the line?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:31 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

hookedondirt7 wrote:
Yeah, really, did McNabb give up a 17-play, +5 minute TD drive when the game was on the line?

Why would they talk about that.. They couldn't bash McNabb then.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:41 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Not a fan of the Eagles but just an observation of the game. Yeah, the D sucked....that is for sure...but in that first half McNabb had all day to throw the football and continually missed receivers badly.

I have said for years they need to upgrade the WR corps. The option of w/o may not be better. But McNabb sucked on sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:27 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheKing11 wrote:
Tweedlee wrote:
When the defense was having trouble in the first half

So in the eyes of Eagles fans its ok for the D to have a bad games and let the same guy score 3 times in the first half.? But It is not ok for McNabb to have a bad game ever tho. HAHA

You might want to go for option 2 Tweedlee. Remember who Cassel was throwing to.

You will be sorry when Mcnabb is gone trust me... McNabb should go somewhre where the fans will appreaciate him.. Philly is a dump.

Agreed. Yes Mcnabb made some poor throws, some that would have been big plays but he also threw for 375 yards with 3 TD's and ran for another 30 yds. That should have been enough to win provided the defense shows up. Lots of blame to go around, not just McNabb. I thought the defense blitzed too much and left Fitzgerald one on one(sometimes with a safety). Arizona was picking up the blitz and hitting quick slants and screen plays. The D did better when they stayed back and played coverage.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:51 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

The defence can take some blame for this one but if McNabb had hit some receivers and kept some first half drives going they wouldn't have been on the field so much. McNabb can be one of the best but he is very inconsistent. It seems he plays his best after he has screwed up and then get critisized for it. If he were more consistent the critics wouldn't have so much to talk about. If he were traded I think he would be one of the best because that would make him determined to show how wrong everyone was. One solution would be to start the season with that same determination instead of waiting until he is critisized to start playing well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:28 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah that's true, I've always hoped he would become more consistent but I guess that isn't gonna happen. He can make some amazing throws that very few QB's are capable of and then completely miss a wide open receiver the next play. Every QB makes bad throws and has bad games from time to time but at least McNabb has been good more often than not. The Eagles could do a lot worse. There's no QB available or on the current roster that's gonna be better. I also think the Eagles could use another good WR.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:55 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

hotrodney wrote:
I also think the Eagles could use another good WR.

Bingo! The eagles have never had two good WRs at one time.. They have one right now who will probably get better but he was also a Rookie this year.