Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:56 am 
Legend
Legend

Nugs, do you know the difference between national and regional?

Just because they are on ABC does not make it a national game. Chances are that the game is only on in the Northeastern U.S. And depending on who else is playing at the same time, it probably isn't much more than PA. That is not national, sir.

If you're definition of national TV is being on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or CBS, then I would bet that all of those other games will be on national TV. I'm pretty sure every Alabama game is on CBS or ESPN in Alabama every week and Oklahoma's games are all on ABC or ESPN in Oklahoma, etc., etc.

I mean you don't really think PSU is the only game covered by ABC every week do ya?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:02 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

T.I.G. wrote:
Bravo Lefty :clap: Im happy to see the world doesnt revolve around Cream Puff U ;)

As I stated before, Cream Puff U will be playing Alabama next year. FYI.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:12 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Nugsey, the CU Buffs last year had one creampuff-Eastern Washington, out of conference they played Colo State which is always A heated game, they played West Virginia, Fla State then on to the Big 12. Id take those non conference games to watch vs Penn States out of conference to wanna watch any day. Also why doesnt PSU travel once in awhile to play cream puffs, next year CU travels east to play Miami of Ohio at their home. I forgot they also travel to play West Virginia in Morgantown.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:24 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Wonder if any of this season's cream puff's will beat the top ranked team?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:27 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

T.I.G. wrote:
Nugsey, the CU Buffs last year had one creampuff-Eastern Washington, out of conference they played Colo State which is always A heated game, they played West Virginia, Fla State then on to the Big 12. Id take those non conference games to watch vs Penn States out of conference to wanna watch any day. Also why doesnt PSU travel once in awhile to play cream puffs, next year CU travels east to play Miami of Ohio at their home. I forgot they also travel to play West Virginia in Morgantown.

2006:
AT Notre Dame

2007:
AT Temple

2008:
AT Syracuse

Oh, and will CU be travelling to Alabama in the near future? :bringiton:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:33 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

BigNugs87 wrote:
DrakPak wrote:
That's quite maganimous of PSU to grace those lowly schools with some ca$h. :roll:

At least they are on tv. Most other "high profile" college teams wouldn't want a game like that televised. They think, "it's not worth it". :roll:

Tweedlee wrote:
The season tickets have ZERO value. I don't give a **** about BCS, play the good teams.

WHAT!?!?! The Ohio State/Penn State game at Happy Valley will be well worth the money spent on a season ticket! The PSU/Michigan game in 2008 was well worth my season ticket price!

Let's do the math...how much do you pay for a season tickets including the donation?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:57 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tweedlee wrote:
The season tickets have ZERO value. I don't give a **** about BCS, play the good teams.

I could dump the big 10 anytime and go back to the days of playing Pitt, WVU, Alabama, Nebraska, etc.

The basketball schedule is just as bad.

Me too, I miss the days of playing Pitt, BC, Rutgers, WVU, ND. I'd rather see PSU in the Big East. It makes more geographical sense for one thing. It's too bad the Big East lost BC and VT to the ACC(who cares about miami).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:17 pm 
Racer
Racer

lefty wrote:
Nugs, do you know the difference between national and regional?

Just because they are on ABC does not make it a national game. Chances are that the game is only on in the Northeastern U.S. And depending on who else is playing at the same time, it probably isn't much more than PA. That is not national, sir.

If you're definition of national TV is being on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or CBS, then I would bet that all of those other games will be on national TV. I'm pretty sure every Alabama game is on CBS or ESPN in Alabama every week and Oklahoma's games are all on ABC or ESPN in Oklahoma, etc., etc.

I mean you don't really think PSU is the only game covered by ABC every week do ya?

I see your point, and agree. BUT, there has been several times that PSU has played on ESPN BUT there was a better game and they played the PSU game Nationally.

Tweedlee wrote:
BigNugs87 wrote:
DrakPak wrote:
That's quite maganimous of PSU to grace those lowly schools with some ca$h. :roll:

At least they are on tv. Most other "high profile" college teams wouldn't want a game like that televised. They think, "it's not worth it". :roll:

Tweedlee wrote:

WHAT!?!?! The Ohio State/Penn State game at Happy Valley will be well worth the money spent on a season ticket! The PSU/Michigan game in 2008 was well worth my season ticket price!

Let's do the math...how much do you pay for a season tickets including the donation?

Last year I payed about $450 for my season ticket, that was with donation. There were 3 tickets. My seat was AWESOME too. South end zone corner 30 rows from field level, seat 25, opposite from Junior Student Section. In all honesty, the tailgating in the parking lot for a night game is well worth the price of a season ticket.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:36 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

T.I.G. wrote:
the CU Buffs last year had one creampuff-Eastern Washington

And lucky for them, they almost lost this game....

(Proverbs 17:14)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:45 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

hookedondirt7 wrote:
Drak is more than willing to ignore the fact that EVERY school schedules cream puffs, if it gives him the opportunity to bash Penn State.

You got my number hooked. :pinkelephant:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:54 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

hookedondirt7 wrote:
People are more than willing to ignore the fact that EVERY school schedules cream puffs, if it gives them the opportunity to bash Penn State.

100% correct....with the way the BCS is set up, you simply can not afford to lose one of the non-conference games because you have to figure on losing at least one conference game. Anything more than 1 loss on the season won't give you at a shot at the big game so all the major schools are scheduling cupcakes.

I'm okay with Akron, Syracuse, Temple as every major program in the nation is scheduling these caliber teams....but my problem comes along with Coastal Carolina and Eastern Illinois. The Florida's and the Miami's started this trend of playing D1-AA schools and then Ohio State got into doing it with Youngstown so you knew it would spread throughout the conference and it certainly has.

OSU still plays Youngstown each year, Michigan got into the mix with App. State, Wisconsin with Cal-Poly, PSU the last two years, and Indiana, Illinois, and Northwestern have played one of the directional Illinois teams for years now. You shouldn't even get credit for beating one of these teams.....

....Maybe that's what Michigan was thinking! :dontknow:

Lincoln - 3
Selinsgrove - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:20 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Quote:
Last year I payed about $450 for my season ticket, that was with donation. There were 3 tickets. My seat was AWESOME too. South end zone corner 30 rows from field level, seat 25, opposite from Junior Student Section. In all honesty, the tailgating in the parking lot for a night game is well worth the price of a season ticket.

I guess that is not too bad but some of those games are pathetic....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:23 pm 
Racer
Racer

Tweedlee wrote:
Quote:

I guess that is not too bad but some of those games are pathetic....

I agree, but I am die hard Penn State fan and love watching them play, in person or on tv. I think we only stayed for 3 complete games. The rest we left in the third quarter. But still, the atmosphere is worth the price of a ticket.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:32 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

fastfreddie04 wrote:
hookedondirt7 wrote:
People are more than willing to ignore the fact that EVERY school schedules cream puffs, if it gives them the opportunity to bash Penn State.

100% correct....with the way the BCS is set up, you simply can not afford to lose one of the non-conference games because you have to figure on losing at least one conference game. Anything more than 1 loss on the season won't give you at a shot at the big game so all the major schools are scheduling cupcakes.

I'm okay with Akron, Syracuse, Temple as every major program in the nation is scheduling these caliber teams....but my problem comes along with Coastal Carolina and Eastern Illinois. The Florida's and the Miami's started this trend of playing D1-AA schools and then Ohio State got into doing it with Youngstown so you knew it would spread throughout the conference and it certainly has.

OSU still plays Youngstown each year, Michigan got into the mix with App. State, Wisconsin with Cal-Poly, PSU the last two years, and Indiana, Illinois, and Northwestern have played one of the directional Illinois teams for years now. You shouldn't even get credit for beating one of these teams.....

....Maybe that's what Michigan was thinking! :dontknow:

Exactly. There is NOTHING to be gained from playing a D1-AA school. That trend only got started because the D1-A cream puffs started asking for too much money to come and get the !hit kicked out of 'em. So, the big schools went to the next lower division. Who knows what will happen if the D1-AA schools start asking for more money than the big boys are willing to pay.

DrakPak wrote:
hookedondirt7 wrote:
Drak is more than willing to ignore the fact that EVERY school schedules cream puffs, if it gives him the opportunity to bash Penn State.

You got my number hooked. :pinkelephant:

You'll have plenty of chances to dance if we pull a Michigan against Eastern Illinois. :doh:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:12 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

hookedondirt7 wrote:
T.I.G. wrote:

2006:
AT Notre Dame

2007:
AT Temple

2008:
AT Syracuse

Oh, and will CU be travelling to Alabama in the near future? :bringiton:

Does that really count???? Or do we just not know where Temple is??? Im pretty sure there were more PSU fans at that game..