Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC-05:00



Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:42 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:17 am
Posts: 5137
What do you people think of this. I know most people on here hate wrestling and all i ever hear about is how they are all steroid users. But read this and tell me what is wrong with this picture.

Quote:
Jesse Ventura is speaking out about the current steroid news in major league baseball and says that baseball commissioner Bud Selig should be held responsible for the 104 players who tested positive for steroid use back in 2003 on his watch. Ventura told NBC 9 News in Denver, "In the early '90s, the federal government came into pro wrestling and tried to put (WWE Chairman) Vince McMahon in prison for steroid use of wrestlers. My question is: They've now determined 104 baseball players failed their steroid test in 2003 - 104. They indicted Vince McMahon, why aren't they indicting Bud Selig? He's the head of baseball, it happened on his watch."

The former Governor of Minnesota says Selig needs to be held accountable and it would be very unfair for the government to look away from such a big issue. "You can't tell me for one minute that Bud Selig and the owners didn't know. They were profiting from it. Baseball was dead in the water until the big home run race between (Mark) McGwire and Sammy Sosa and that rejuvenated baseball, made all the profits so Bud Selig could make $17 million a year."


why is OK for one thing and not the other? :bs:

_________________
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:59 pm 
Offline
Crew Member
Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:58 pm
Posts: 1306
Location: The Ill
Send it to Obama 420. He may be able to show you how to get this issue up the ladder of opportunity and get some action!! :pinkelephant:

_________________
Loyal Cornhusker fan since Monday November 7, 2011.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:19 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:52 pm
Posts: 25649
There's a difference in "knowing" about it and "distributing" which is what McMahon was accused of. Ventura conveniently twists the facts in order to make a correlation that doesn't really exist. If McMahon was put on trial previously only because it happened "under his watch", him and his wife would still be on trial. But he's not because that isn't why he was indicted previously.

"The Body" is a douche.

_________________
http://five1fivedesign.com/ovalstickers


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:17 am
Posts: 5137
i like the edit there Lefty. :whistle:

no the difference is one is the national pastime and one is a form of entertainment that is looked down on from most of our society. the fact that they both knew it was going on and they both made major $$$ because of it makes it all in the same.

McMahon is no different then Selig in the fact that they both chose to look the other way when they both knew the truth. The one major difference between the two is one is a real sport that has been tarnished by all of the steroids users that have broken the one thing that baseball has, and that is records.

The other is a form of entertainment that is no different then a movie or Tv show that we all watch (well except the fact that they are all oiled up and walking around in the underwear in front of 20,000 people :doh: )

Drak i'll see what i can do when i talk to him later tonight during my weekly debriefing. :pinkelephant:

_________________
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:55 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:52 pm
Posts: 25649
This is direct from a wrestling web site. No bias against wrestling I would assume.
Quote:
On November 18th, 1993, McMahon was indicted on charges of possession of steroids and conspiracy to distribute steroids. Between November 1993 and May 1994, the government altered the number of charges and the possible consequences if McMahon was found guilty. At any given moment during these months, he might be threatened with fines up to $2 million, jail time up to eleven years and face the seizure of the $9 million Titan Towers building. By the time that trial began on July 5th, 1994, all the charges save conspiracy to defraud the Food and Drug Administration had been withdrawn.


How can you say what baseball execs are doing is the same as the charges levied against McMahon? Are you implying that Selig be charged with posession and conspiracy to distribute because he is ignorant to the fact that players use? McMahon wasn't charged with looking the other way, he was charged with posession and conspiracy to distribute. I'd think that "The Body" and you, "The Anti-body", :laughing7: would be aware of the difference between ignorance and dealing.

_________________
http://five1fivedesign.com/ovalstickers


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm 
Offline
Crew Member
Crew Member

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:41 pm
Posts: 1470
Location: Mt. Wolf
:whistle:.................................................................................................... :wellwaiting:............................................. :popcorn:

_________________
"You look like you spent more years at the end of a bar, than a mop".....Quote" Reverend Schnor"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:33 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:52 pm
Posts: 25649
Hey Pine...you heard it here first. ;)

_________________
http://five1fivedesign.com/ovalstickers


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 pm 
420 wrote:

Drak i'll see what i can do when i talk to him later tonight during my weekly debriefing. :pinkelephant:

You take his underwear off every week?
:clap:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:36 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:17 am
Posts: 5137
lefty wrote:
How can you say what baseball execs are doing is the same as the charges levied against McMahon? Are you implying that Selig be charged with posession and conspiracy to distribute because he is ignorant to the fact that players use? McMahon wasn't charged with looking the other way, he was charged with posession and conspiracy to distribute. I'd think that "The Body" and you, "The Anti-body", :laughing7: would be aware of the difference between ignorance and dealing.


Lefty the government tried to get some BullSh@t charge against him because a doctor from right here in Harrisburg got caught selling roids to wrestlers in Hershey every couple of months. The government had no evidence of McMahon selling anything yet they took him to court on charges because they thought they could get a bunch of wrestlers who did not work for him any longer (Hogan,Piper are the 2 big names) and a few wrestlers who where fired by McMahon who had a grudge against him for it ( a wrestler by the name of Kevin Kelly). McMahon was never conspiring to distribute anything other then entertainment by wrestlers who where using roids.

If the government can bring charges against McMahon for that, then yes they could bring charges against Selig for doing the same thing in baseball. Are they BullSh@t charges? of coarse they are, but "the body" was trying to prove a point, if the government can do that to a entertainment company, why can't they do it to someone who is running a real sport?

get me on this?

_________________
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:51 pm 
Offline
Crew Member
Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 1373
Location: Robesonia, PA
These ladies said they NEVER took Steroids. :yikes: :muscle:

http://www.leenks.com/gallery758.htm

_________________
Alcohol...I Drink It To Make You More Interesting!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:00 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:17 am
Posts: 5137
:puking:

_________________
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:15 pm 
Offline
Crew Member
Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:58 pm
Posts: 1306
Location: The Ill
420 wrote:
Are they BullSh@t charges? of coarse they are, but "the body" was trying to prove a point, if the government can do that to a entertainment company, why can't they do it to someone who is running a real sport?

get me on this?


Give it up 420..........you're burying yourself brother.

Number 1, you have admitted that wrastlin' isn't a "real sport"...........nor an entertainment company!! :pinkelephant:

Number 2, aren't MLB, and the NHL, and the NFL, and the NBA all entertainment companies as well?? :thinking: Not to mention NASCAR, WoO, Lincoln, WG, Port Royal and TrailWay Speedway. :idea:

The point is this............MLB has a powerful players union. If Selig was trying to push roids on the players he'd be a shower boy for a murder convict as we speak. He didn't push the stuff..........he very well may have turned a blind eye to it, but allot of what went down has to do with the union and the power they have. Now tell me again how great unions are. :dontknow:

Wrastlin' doesn't matter, it is the scurge of the earth, and deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. :bananadance:

_________________
Loyal Cornhusker fan since Monday November 7, 2011.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:20 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:59 am
Posts: 9127
420 would take any of those roid women over Danica? :thinking:

_________________
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:03 pm 
Offline
Crew Chief
Crew Chief
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:01 pm
Posts: 2507
Location: Mechanicsburg, Pa
I should probually stay out of this, but I'm bored so I'll toss in my two cents! I am a sports fan with dirt track racing and nfl football being my 2 favorites. I am sooooo sick of hearing about steroid use in baseball everytime I turn on the radio or tv! I say let them do it! It may catch up with them later in life and I guess that is a risk they are willing to take! Now let me say this, if I drive several hours to a baseball game, pay to park, pay to get in, pay for food and beverage my fun budget will be blown! So in return I want these players to do what ever it takes to get me my monies worth! They are under tremendous pressure to perform each and every time they step into the playing field or they get replaced, so I find it hard to fault the player for doing what ever it takes to perform! By the way 420 I was a huge wrestling fan years ago, but I can't take much of it today ( I only watch if I see the undertaker)!

I gave my 2 cents, please don't rip me apart as it is just my opinion!

_________________
** SILVER SPRING SPEEDWAY **
Image
** GREAT MEMORIES FOREVER !!! **


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:19 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:52 pm
Posts: 25649
420 wrote:
lefty wrote:
How can you say what baseball execs are doing is the same as the charges levied against McMahon? Are you implying that Selig be charged with posession and conspiracy to distribute because he is ignorant to the fact that players use? McMahon wasn't charged with looking the other way, he was charged with posession and conspiracy to distribute. I'd think that "The Body" and you, "The Anti-body", :laughing7: would be aware of the difference between ignorance and dealing.


Lefty the government tried to get some BullSh@t charge against him because a doctor from right here in Harrisburg got caught selling roids to wrestlers in Hershey every couple of months. The government had no evidence of McMahon selling anything yet they took him to court on charges because they thought they could get a bunch of wrestlers who did not work for him any longer (Hogan,Piper are the 2 big names) and a few wrestlers who where fired by McMahon who had a grudge against him for it ( a wrestler by the name of Kevin Kelly). McMahon was never conspiring to distribute anything other then entertainment by wrestlers who where using roids.

If the government can bring charges against McMahon for that, then yes they could bring charges against Selig for doing the same thing in baseball. Are they BullSh@t charges? of coarse they are, but "the body" was trying to prove a point, if the government can do that to a entertainment company, why can't they do it to someone who is running a real sport?

get me on this?


So the argument is that because McMahon was brought up on bogus charges, that everyone in a similar position could also be brought up on bogus charges? Ok, they could be, but should they? No.

I didn't take Ventura's statement as "proving a point". I took it as seriously comparing and saying that what the baseball execs are doing warrants the same indictment that McMahon received(bogus charges or not). And that is just not right.

_________________
http://five1fivedesign.com/ovalstickers


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-05:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited