Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Eagles Gm
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:04 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

There are plenty of moves that I do not agree with when it comes to the Eagles brass...........but as was the case with Trot, Dawkins is done. You never saw Trot make another play once he left the nest, and I believe the same will be true with B-Dawg. I will miss his fire and leadership, hopefully someone else will step up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:36 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

so im speechless...and ready to cry. ughh...this is like the Trott incident all over again...except worse.

the whole team is basically going to crash and burn now. BDawk was the heart and soul of the team. he was the one who pumped everyone up. take away the heart, and the rest of the body will not work.

i dont know if i want to watch the team crumble. i may be done with the eagles.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:55 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

DrakPak wrote:
There are plenty of moves that I do not agree with when it comes to the Eagles brass...........but as was the case with Trot, Dawkins is done. You never saw Trot make another play once he left the nest, and I believe the same will be true with B-Dawg. I will miss his fire and leadership, hopefully someone else will step up.

You said it perfectly. Dawkins was my favorite Eagles player but time has caught up with him. As with Trotter, he has lost a step. It's tough to lose a player that is probably the most popular player on the team. I'm a Steeler fan and always will be, but I wish the Eagles the best of luck. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:13 am 
Lost Lito Sheppard and Sean Considine too-

New Secondary this year

:wavetowel:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:36 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

You would think the Eagles would be a major player in the free agent market with the amount of money they have under the cap. That would be my major concern if I was an Eagles fan. I just doesn't seem like they want to spend the money.

Drak...agree on Dawkins...his best years are behind him.

How about the Patriots? Rumor is they were offered a 1st and 3rd (from TB) to send Cassel to Denver (and Cutler goes to TB) and turned it down for less to go to KC? Sounds like something fishy is going on here. I guess the Patriots brass liked Pioli more than they did Josh McDaniels....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:40 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I am definately not an Eagles fan by any means. I think the deal with Dawkins came down to years on the contract. He may have a year or two left in him but not 5. I really think Denver gave him too much there. I really thought they would've/ could've gotten more for Lito than two conditional draft picks. They did start to address their pressing issues on the O-line though by signing Stacy Andrews. Losing Buckhalter might hurt more than some anticipate. There has been talk of them drafting Beanie Wells and going to a 2-back offense like a lot of the other teams have done. Injury issues are going to be their biggest concern I think. Westy got banged up a lot last year along with their O-line. If they can keep a healthy O-line they can make another run at the playoffs. Just my $.02 on the issue.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:46 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DrakPak wrote:

Sad but true. Dawk is one of my all time favorites but lets face it, he can't cover my grandmother anymore. He can still hit hard and knock the ball loose though and I'll always love his passion for the game. I can't believe Denver gave him a 5 year deal. Didn't they learn anything with Lynch? The Eagles FO has been pretty wise about when to cut ties with aging players over the years (Trotter, Douglas, Staley, Taylor, Vincent, Kearse...). It sucks that Dawk won't retire an Eagle but business is business.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:52 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tweedlee wrote:
You would think the Eagles would be a major player in the free agent market with the amount of money they have under the cap. That would be my major concern if I was an Eagles fan. I just doesn't seem like they want to spend the money.

How about the Patriots? Rumor is they were offered a 1st and 3rd (from TB) to send Cassel to Denver (and Cutler goes to TB) and turned it down for less to go to KC? Sounds like something fishy is going on here. I guess the Patriots brass liked Pioli more than they did Josh McDaniels....

Yeah with Considine and Dawkins not in the plans, they should have signed Gbril Wilson but I don't think there is a whole lot of great FA's on the market so I don't blame them too much. It does seem that they are leaving a lot of holes to be filled by the draft. If they are making a youth movement, why not trade McNabb? They could probably get a 1st round pick and probably a mid round for him. With a ton of picks this year, including 3 first rounders, they could set themselves up nicely for the future although they might suck this year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:57 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tweedlee wrote:

Yeah that trade doesn't make sense on two fronts. As you said the Pats could have got much more for him plus KC already has a QB who is as young and as good as Cassel. Thigpen threw for the same amount of TD's(21) as Cassel last year in less games and a much lesser supporting cast.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:49 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

hotrodney wrote:
I can't believe Denver gave him a 5 year deal. Didn't they learn anything with Lynch?

There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL hotrod. There's no way Denver thinks he'll be playin' 5 years from now. I think I heard that only 4 million of the contract was guaranteed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:41 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Drak .... 2 years and 9 mil is guaranteed. The rest is smoke and mirrors.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:43 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I actually read in today's Inquirer that 7 mil was guaranteed...........who knows??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:58 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wyatt Earp 17 wrote:
I really thought they would've/ could've gotten more for Lito than two conditional draft picks.

They got a 5th this year and next years pick could be as high as 2nd round depending on how Lito plays next year. That's not bad considering Lito fell to #4(behind Hanson) on the depth chart last year. Probably could have got more if they had traded him before last season. I look for Lito to bounce back and have a good season for NYJ being back on the field as a starter. I always thought he was a little better than Sheldon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:38 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

you can't put ALL the blame on the birds, they did try to re-sign him but he went to Denver for afew more million

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:06 pm 
Legend
Legend

I'm glad the Super Bowl Champions don't have this problem this season.
:wavetowel:

2014 race count

Williams Grove-4
Lincoln- 19
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.