Red Wings vs. Non-Flying Ice Birds Hawkey Club

Discuss anything to do with Sports.
TJSlideways

Re: Red Wings vs. Non-Flying Ice Birds Hawkey Club

Post by TJSlideways » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:39 am

Maybe Pittsburg should field the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins since Detroit's line called up from Grand Rapids is killing them! That being said, I am tired of the media and league pumping up people like Crosby and looking down on the Wings. Rescinding Malkin's suspension looks really bad. Satan should have been hit with third man in on that same fight. Can the league protect Sid the Kid's team more?

I had a blast watching the Wings move the puck around last night. Its ever better watching our AHL youngsters contribute knowing I got to watch them from my $10.00 seats all winter in GR :-)

It would be more fun to see the Wings pound the showboating Ovechkin into the ground at Crosby though. At least Crosby doesn't make a fool of himself every time he scores.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 am

DrakPak wrote:STFU Newbarf.
Can't find that word in Websters????????????

Back to class DRAK-ULA. :pinkelephant:
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

Pine
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by Pine » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:27 am

TJSlideways wrote:Maybe Pittsburg should field the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins since Detroit's line called up from Grand Rapids is killing them! That being said, I am tired of the media and league pumping up people like Crosby and looking down on the Wings. Rescinding Malkin's suspension looks really bad. Satan should have been hit with third man in on that same fight. Can the league protect Sid the Kid's team more?

I had a blast watching the Wings move the puck around last night. Its ever better watching our AHL youngsters contribute knowing I got to watch them from my $10.00 seats all winter in GR :-)

It would be more fun to see the Wings pound the showboating Ovechkin into the ground at Crosby though. At least Crosby doesn't make a fool of himself every time he scores.
TJ, I shouldn't respond since my Flyers are on the golf course right now. BUT, Your hatred of Pittsburgh and Crosby shows through if 1) you think Satan should have got a third man in. Hell he grabbed Malkin not Zetterburg and pretty much stood there and did NOTHING and 2) How come after EVERY WHISTLE, EVERY WHISTLE, the Red Wings get in the last HACK, punch, face wash, shove, slash and NOTHING is EVER called on Detroit. THAT'S been going on for years. And you wonder why some of your guys get their face's rearranged on/through the boards when the chance is there. Don't count out the Kid yet. Their going home....See what happens...
"You look like you spent more years at the end of a bar, than a mop".....Quote" Reverend Schnor"

Sea Bass
Legend
Legend

Post by Sea Bass » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:48 am

Sweep. :handoverhead:

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:33 am

RamRod wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:The Penguins need to win 4 out of the next 5 games.

Against the Red Wings?????

I don't think so. :buttkick:
Do you get ESPN on your GreenPeace raft? I hope you used a solar powered calculator to do the math on this series...

I love your sarcasm. :thumbright:

I would like to see the Penguins take the cup but...................and your off topic................... :roll:
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:17 am

I think they should learn to quit playing hockey when the ice outside melts. Do these guys have an off season?

checkeredflagchick
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by checkeredflagchick » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:55 pm

looks like my pens are back in it. :thumbleft: :clap: ;)
Justin Henderson, Steve Buckwalter, Fred Rahmer fan...and whoever is in front of Pat Cannon :-P

supertc88
Legend
Legend

Post by supertc88 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:23 am

checkeredflagchick wrote:looks like my pens are back in it. :thumbleft: :clap: ;)
:thumbright:
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

Sea Bass
Legend
Legend

Post by Sea Bass » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:52 am

Didn't the PENS win game 3 last year also? :handoverhead:

supertc88
Legend
Legend

Post by supertc88 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:35 pm

The Pens beat the Wings 4-2 last night :thumbright:

Freedom Is NOT Free!

HestorFan7m

Post by HestorFan7m » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:26 pm

checkeredflagchick wrote:looks like my pens are back in it. :thumbleft: :clap: ;)
For now... :roll:

Sea Bass
Legend
Legend

Post by Sea Bass » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:09 am

How come every time Malkin talks, Crosby's lips are the ones moving? :thinking: :handoverhead:

claypigeon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by claypigeon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:47 pm

I had a good laugh on Tuesday night when the PA announcer at the arena thanked Versus for letting them show the game outside on the big screen. NBC must think that their coverage is above and beyond everyone else that they won't let the arena do the same for them. Only when Doc and Edzo are commentating is the coverage worth watching. Pierre and Milbury have gotta be the biggest wastes in all of broadcasting. Milbury brings down the coverage almost as fast as he brought the Islanders to the bottom of the league. Anyway, my hats off to Versus for being a cable channel, that on some providers you have to pay for the highest package for, and letting the fans that can't really afford the outrageous ticket prices for the finals watch outside. :thumbright: GO PENS!!!!
Live each day like it's your last.

supertc88
Legend
Legend

Post by supertc88 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Game 4 tonight at 8:00 PM in Pittsburgh on VERSUS :thumbright:

GO PENS :thumbright:

Freedom Is NOT Free!