NFL Thoughts

Discuss anything to do with Sports.
Tweedlee
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Re: NFL Thoughts

Post by Tweedlee » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:15 am

If the NFL goes "uncapped" next year, you can be guaranteed Jerry Jones will make a "run" a buying a super bowl. Not this year though.

Buildy
Legend
Legend

Post by Buildy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:41 am

"Giants."

To a Giant`s fan since 1962-sounds good :thumbleft:

DirtHawk

Post by DirtHawk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:08 am

I'm feeling Houston in the superbowl :dance:

HestorFan7m

Post by HestorFan7m » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:26 am

Tweedlee wrote:If the NFL goes "uncapped" next year, you can be guaranteed Jerry Jones will make a "run" a buying a super bowl. Not this year though.
That would really suck, dunno if i coult watch it with teams just buyin up whoever they want.

racer9
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by racer9 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:42 am

dh77 wrote:Lions over the Vikings this weekend! :thumbright:
Nice call......
Total races 2011-10

Lincoln-6
Grove-2
S-Grove-1
Susky-1

NoSacRacing
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NoSacRacing » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:44 pm

actually tweed, I never hid, you and I spoke on here after the game had ended. I owe you a case of beer, If I ever get to a race that you are at I will be glad to pay up. On the other hand I can agree with highside, check it out the Ravens have the 4th highest ticket cost in the NFL. Just saying. Being there week one, he is correct 7 from a blocked punt, and 7 from an int. returned to the 5 yard line.

After week 2 the defense seems to be employing the bend and not break feature which is ok as long as the offense continues to put up points. Like him or not the play Lewis made to seal the deal Sunday just continued to solidify his legacy. Ravens should be a threat as long as the O continues to produce. If we have to rely on the Defense to win us games I don't think we can do it. We are just not as aggressive as before. Miss you REX!!!!

Tweedlee
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Tweedlee » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:41 am

NoSacRacing wrote:actually tweed, I never hid, you and I spoke on here after the game had ended. I owe you a case of beer, If I ever get to a race that you are at I will be glad to pay up. On the other hand I can agree with highside, check it out the Ravens have the 4th highest ticket cost in the NFL. Just saying. Being there week one, he is correct 7 from a blocked punt, and 7 from an int. returned to the 5 yard line.

After week 2 the defense seems to be employing the bend and not break feature which is ok as long as the offense continues to put up points. Like him or not the play Lewis made to seal the deal Sunday just continued to solidify his legacy. Ravens should be a threat as long as the O continues to produce. If we have to rely on the Defense to win us games I don't think we can do it. We are just not as aggressive as before. Miss you REX!!!!
No big deal about the beer. Ask drak how long it took me to pay him. I think that bet was was from the Vermiel days with the Eaglesssss...lol

As far as Lewis and the play on sunday, he should be credited for reacting to the play but almost any linebacker in the league would have made that play unblocked. He is a great linebacker.

From my vantage point, the defense is down a bit but you might have one of the best offensive line in football. Solid corp of running backs and receivers. Falco is improving also.

PS - I don't think the Steelers are all that great. In fact, I think they might lose to Cincy this weekend. They are complacent and still have one of the worst offensive lines in football. They can't run the ball and a strong defensive line push will mean constant pressure with little time for Rothlisberger to get rid of the ball. Cincy sacked the QB a lot last weekend versus a better O-line. If once again the Steelers can't run, they will be one dimensional and that will put a target on Ben's back. And we have a backup QB that is very fragile.