Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:33 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Outback Bowl-
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:00 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Yeah I didn't see it live I was at work but I was getting updates. I dvr'ed it and when I watched the game it really had a big game feel to it. The game was really sloppy but entertaining.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

The one play that turned that game around to give Florida the win, (other than PSU's 5 interception QB), was the "phantom" pass interference penalty on that incomplete 3rd down play when they were in PSU's red zone, when they eventually scored the winning TD. If the refs don't make that call, I feel the game ends differant.

Last edited by racehead on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:39 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

racehead wrote:
The one play that turned that game around to give Florida the win, (other than PSU's 5 interception QB), was the "phantom" pass interference penalty on 3rd down in PSU's red zone, when they eventually scored the winning TD. If the refs don't make that call, I feel the game ends differant.

Call SUCKED, but I doubt Penn State could have scored any more points in that game. Florida would have gotten the ball back in good field position enough times to score another field goal and win 26-24.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:00 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

hookedondirt7 wrote:
racehead wrote:
The one play that turned that game around to give Florida the win, (other than PSU's 5 interception QB), was the "phantom" pass interference penalty on 3rd down in PSU's red zone, when they eventually scored the winning TD. If the refs don't make that call, I feel the game ends differant.

Call SUCKED, but I doubt Penn State could have scored any more points in that game. Florida would have gotten the ball back in good field position enough times to score another field goal and win 26-24.

Yeah Psu had enough chances to score and they didn't after that phamtom call. it was bad but they still had a chance after that. So dont blame it just on that

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:50 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

The P.I. call was definitely one of the worst calls I've seen all year. What made it that bad was that it came from the side judge standing at the pylon, not the back judge or umpire who would've been in position to throw a flag had one been needed.

However, I refuse to talk about the officiating when our quarterback throws five balls to the other team. Had he not turned the ball over a few of those times, PSU wins without much question. We outgained the Gators, but there is a reason McGloin is a walkon....and now because of our staff's incompetence, a future stud in Rob Bolden will be going elsewhere. Paul Jones better be as good as advertised coming off this redshirt year.

Good luck to Mr. Meyer in retirement.

Lincoln - 3
Selinsgrove - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:35 am 
Racer
Racer

I'm glad to see Bolden gone. If he can't wait out his chance JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER QUARTERBACK HAS DONE AT PSU, then goodbye. He started eight games and didn't really impress in any of them. Had he started and played all game, it would have been worse.

Don't forget Newsome is gone too. He never went to the bowl game.

My personal opinion, leaving McGloin in was ok and really didn't hurt anything. Of his 5 interceptions, 2 were NOT his fault. I'm hoping the new receivers are better next year!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:30 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I disagree wholeheartedly. Bolden lost his spot because he was injured and that's wrong. He was learning along the way and you could see the tools were there. McGloin works hard, but he doesn't have those tools. He had success against three of the worst defenses in the game in Michigan, N'western and Indiana, but was completely outclassed against OSU, MSU, and Florida. That's not his fault, but it's just how it is. The interceptions, MAYBE one wasn't his fault....four definitely were. You can't stare down your receiver and you can't throw into triple coverage.

So in the past few years, PSU has chased away Pat Devlin, Kevin Newsome and Rob Bolden....three highly touted QBs that could've gone anywhere. But we're playing a walkon who's best offer was from Lehigh.

I'm a Penn State diehard as a fan, and this year was my first 'inside' the program due to my job....so it isn't easy to say that we're currently dropping the ball and nobody at the University seems to care. But the fact is....WE ARE! (no pun intended).

Lincoln - 3
Selinsgrove - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:59 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Word on the street is the NFC West is going to join the Big 10....

Quack, quack, quack!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BigNugs87 wrote:
I'm glad to see Bolden gone. If he can't wait out his chance JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER QUARTERBACK HAS DONE AT PSU, then goodbye. He started eight games and didn't really impress in any of them. Had he started and played all game, it would have been worse.

Don't forget Newsome is gone too. He never went to the bowl game.

My personal opinion, leaving McGloin in was ok and really didn't hurt anything. Of his 5 interceptions, 2 were NOT his fault. I'm hoping the new receivers are better next year!

just read that paterno will not grant bolden his transfer! looks like he has to stay, and hes not happy about it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:28 am 
Racer
Racer

themouth wrote:
just read that paterno will not grant bolden his transfer! looks like he has to stay, and hes not happy about it!

Yeah, I dunno how that wiill work if he decides not to come back at all. Classes start again soon.