Outback Bowl-

Discuss anything to do with Sports.
User avatar
hookedondirt7
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:24 pm
Location: Adams County

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by hookedondirt7 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:27 pm

BigNugs87 wrote:
pell021 wrote:the Lions can't stop ANYBODY on defense.
They stopped Denard Robinson......
Well, he did run for close to 200 yards, but PSU did get the W.

And Michigan's offense is much better than Florida's.

User avatar
BigNugs87
Racer
Racer
Posts: 3227
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:15 pm

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by BigNugs87 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:04 pm

hookedondirt7 wrote:Well, he did run for close to 200 yards, but PSU did get the W.

And Michigan's offense is much better than Florida's.
He is/was the only thing Michigan had as a "weapon". :roll: For what he was supposed to have, mobility wise, he wasn't that impressive. The Thursday of that week they played, Michigan was favored by 42pts. Saturday morning we checked it on the way to the game and Michigan was favored by 14.

I'm gonna pick PSU by 10.
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

User avatar
TheKing11
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: PA

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by TheKing11 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:18 pm

You think PSU is going to beat Florida by 10?

I think Florida gives Urban Meyer a good send off in the Outback Bowl. It would only be fitting for what he has done for Florida.

17-13 Florida.

User avatar
BigNugs87
Racer
Racer
Posts: 3227
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:15 pm

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by BigNugs87 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:38 am

TheKing11 wrote:You think PSU is going to beat Florida by 10?

I think Florida gives Urban Meyer a good send off in the Outback Bowl. It would only be fitting for what he has done for Florida.

17-13 Florida.
Yes, PSU by 10.

At least I didn't say....Urban Meyer self destructs and the team melts down allowing PSU to win by 40.
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

User avatar
hookedondirt7
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:24 pm
Location: Adams County

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by hookedondirt7 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 pm

BigNugs87 wrote:
hookedondirt7 wrote:Well, he did run for close to 200 yards, but PSU did get the W.

And Michigan's offense is much better than Florida's.
He is/was the only thing Michigan had as a "weapon". :roll: For what he was supposed to have, mobility wise, he wasn't that impressive. The Thursday of that week they played, Michigan was favored by 42pts. Saturday morning we checked it on the way to the game and Michigan was favored by 14.

I'm gonna pick PSU by 10.
I remember that line being around 4 points for Michigan. There's no way it was as high as 42. Conference games between a 5-2 team and a 4-3 team rarely, if ever, go higher than 20. The line for the Wisconsin-Northwestern game, which was obviously going to be a blowout, wasn't even close to 40.

Sea Bass
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5558
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:08 pm
Location: GOD BLESS AMERICA

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by Sea Bass » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:12 pm

BigNugs87 wrote:The Thursday of that week they played, Michigan was favored by 42pts. Saturday morning we checked it on the way to the game and Michigan was favored by 14.

Really Nugs?

Week #9 NCAA College Football
Betting Odds: Mich -2.5/PSU +2.5
Over/Under Total: 53

Sea Bass
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5558
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:08 pm
Location: GOD BLESS AMERICA

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by Sea Bass » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:26 pm

BigNugs87 wrote:For what he was supposed to have, mobility wise, he wasn't that impressive.
With 381 yards of total offense from his arm and legs with 4 tds (1pass 3runs). your right Nugs he was not impressive. Not like Pryor anyways. :handoverhead:

User avatar
BigNugs87
Racer
Racer
Posts: 3227
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:15 pm

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by BigNugs87 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:03 pm

hookedondirt7 wrote:I remember that line being around 4 points for Michigan. There's no way it was as high as 42. Conference games between a 5-2 team and a 4-3 team rarely, if ever, go higher than 20. The line for the Wisconsin-Northwestern game, which was obviously going to be a blowout, wasn't even close to 40.
Sea Bass wrote:Really Nugs?

Week #9 NCAA College Football
Betting Odds: Mich -2.5/PSU +2.5
Over/Under Total: 53
It was that high. We watched it all week long cause some of us were going to bet on it. It never went to what Sea Bass has posted until about 6pm Saturday night. Again, we were watching it change continuously.
Sea Bass wrote:With 381 yards of total offense from his arm and legs with 4 tds (1pass 3runs). your right Nugs he was not impressive. Not like Pryor anyways. :handoverhead:
Did you even watch the game? Most likely not. I was there live.

With as good as he is supposed to be and how bad PSU's defense is, he should've had a heck of alot more yards. Not impressive.

Pryor is still over-rated bud.
Beerhill, bottoms up!!!!

User avatar
Tweedlee
Head Wrench
Head Wrench
Posts: 1766
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:24 pm
Location: Que Pasa!
Contact:

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by Tweedlee » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Did Pryor need to hold a press conference to tell everyone he was coming back? :roflmao:

Sea Bass
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5558
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:08 pm
Location: GOD BLESS AMERICA

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by Sea Bass » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:27 pm

BigNugs87 wrote:
hookedondirt7 wrote:I remember that line being around 4 points for Michigan. There's no way it was as high as 42. Conference games between a 5-2 team and a 4-3 team rarely, if ever, go higher than 20. The line for the Wisconsin-Northwestern game, which was obviously going to be a blowout, wasn't even close to 40.
Sea Bass wrote:Really Nugs?

Week #9 NCAA College Football
Betting Odds: Mich -2.5/PSU +2.5
Over/Under Total: 53
It was that high. We watched it all week long cause some of us were going to bet on it. It never went to what Sea Bass has posted until about 6pm Saturday night. Again, we were watching it change continuously.
Sea Bass wrote:With 381 yards of total offense from his arm and legs with 4 tds (1pass 3runs). your right Nugs he was not impressive. Not like Pryor anyways. :handoverhead:
Did you even watch the game? Most likely not. I was there live.

With as good as he is supposed to be and how bad PSU's defense is, he should've had a heck of alot more yards. Not impressive.

Pryor is still over-rated bud.
I'm just gonna go bash my head against the wall, it would be more productive then this conversation.

User avatar
hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4714
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm
Location: 704 Houser St.

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by hotrodney » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Penn State didn't beat anybody of note all season so I'd be surprised if they beat Florida. They have played better with McGloin and having a month and a half to heal the defense should help, but I still don't see it happening. I'm tired of hearing Penn St. and the whole Big 10 for that matter, doesn't have speed. Penn St.has decent speed as do most Big 10 teams. Heck Penn St. has the fastest player in the nation- too bad he's only about 5'6" and 150 lbs. soaking wet. Speed was not Penn States weakness this year.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

User avatar
TheKing11
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: PA

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by TheKing11 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 pm

hotrodney wrote: Heck Penn St. has the fastest player in the nation-.
Nah, Florida has Jeff Demps.

User avatar
TheKing11
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: PA

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by TheKing11 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Sea Bass wrote:
BigNugs87 wrote:
hookedondirt7 wrote:I remember that line being around 4 points for Michigan. There's no way it was as high as 42. Conference games between a 5-2 team and a 4-3 team rarely, if ever, go higher than 20. The line for the Wisconsin-Northwestern game, which was obviously going to be a blowout, wasn't even close to 40.
Sea Bass wrote:Really Nugs?

Week #9 NCAA College Football
Betting Odds: Mich -2.5/PSU +2.5
Over/Under Total: 53
It was that high. We watched it all week long cause some of us were going to bet on it. It never went to what Sea Bass has posted until about 6pm Saturday night. Again, we were watching it change continuously.
Sea Bass wrote:With 381 yards of total offense from his arm and legs with 4 tds (1pass 3runs). your right Nugs he was not impressive. Not like Pryor anyways. :handoverhead:
Did you even watch the game? Most likely not. I was there live.

With as good as he is supposed to be and how bad PSU's defense is, he should've had a heck of alot more yards. Not impressive.

Pryor is still over-rated bud.
I'm just gonna go bash my head against the wall, it would be more productive then this conversation.
Hahaha there is no way the spread was 42, I don't care what you said you saw there is no way in hell the spread was 42. So the spread started at 42 and went to 2.5 GTFO.

If 381 total yards and 4tds isn't impressive what is ?

User avatar
TheKing11
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: PA

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by TheKing11 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:32 pm

BigNugs87 wrote:
TheKing11 wrote:You think PSU is going to beat Florida by 10?
Yes, PSU by 10.

At least I didn't say....Urban Meyer self destructs and the team melts down allowing PSU to win by 40.
OOPS!

User avatar
hookedondirt7
Pit Member
Pit Member
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:24 pm
Location: Adams County

Re: Outback Bowl-

Post by hookedondirt7 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:32 pm

TheKing11 wrote:
BigNugs87 wrote:
TheKing11 wrote:You think PSU is going to beat Florida by 10?
Yes, PSU by 10.

At least I didn't say....Urban Meyer self destructs and the team melts down allowing PSU to win by 40.
OOPS!
I really thought they were going to fall apart after that fake punt call. As for Meyer, it doesn't surprise me that he's leaving. You could see him beating himself up over that call when PSU scored. Many guys just put too much stress on themselves.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests