- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up live from the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, New York as Josh Matthews welcomes us to a sold-out RAW. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes to a massive pop to kick off RAW.
We see Jerry Lawler and Matthews on commentary, no Michael Cole yet. Triple H does his usual entrance and is dressed in street clothes tonight. We get the first official graphic for Triple H vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania 27. Triple H tries to begin his promo but the crowd is still rowdy for his return. They start chanting for Triple H now. He says it’s good to see the fans too. He says he’s done everything there is to do in WWE. Triple H talks about some of his accomplishments and happenings during his WWE career. Triple H says he has outlasted everyone for 16 years, except one – The Deadman.
Triple H says Taker’s now referred to as The Last Outlaw. Triple H says not yet, because there’s two outlaws. Triple H says he and Taker are a lot alike. Triple H talks about Taker’s streak now. He says when Taker looks around the locker room, he is the only true challenge he has left. Triple H says the only true challenge he has left is ending the streak. Triple H says it will happen at WrestleMania 27, and looks up at the banner hanging. Triple H says they will define an era at WrestleMania. Triple H says nothing else will matter that night because there can only be one. Triple H says all Taker has left is the streak, and when it dies Taker dies. Triple H says if he can’t end the streak, he will die trying. Triple H’s music hits and he tosses the mic before posing in the corner. Sheamus’ music hits and out he comes to the stage.
Sheamus makes his way down to the ring. As he enters, Triple H hits him with a knee to the gut and Sheamus goes down. Triple H tosses Sheamus over the ropes and to the floor. Triple H follows him and unloads with right hands and throws him into the barrier and then the ring post. Triple H continues the assault, bringing Sheamus to the announcer’s table and putting him on top. Triple H puts Sheamus through the announcer’s table with a Pedigree. Triple H poses as the fans pop and his music plays. Sheamus is laid out on the broken announcer’s table.
- Lawler announces that Shawn Michaels will speak out tonight about Triple H and The Undertaker. Josh Matthews says we will hear from Michael Cole later tonight to respond to Jerry Lawler. It’s announced that The Rock has invited us into his home tonight for his response to John Cena. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see a replay of Triple H destroying Sheamus. WWE officials are helping Sheamus to the back when the e-mail alert goes off. Lawler says he’s always wanted to do this and makes the General Manager’s announcement. Sheamus still must wrestle tonight and it will be against… Evan Bourne, making his return to RAW.
Sheamus vs. Evan Bourne
Evan Bourne gets a nice pop for his return. Sheamus struggles to get in the ring as the bell rings. Bourne attacks with a dropkick in the corner and unloads on Sheamus. Sheamus manages to shove him off but Bourne kicks him to the mat. Bourne goes up top and hits Air Bourne for the quick pin and the win.
Winner: Evan Bourne
- After the match, Michael Cole comes down to ringside and stands in front of Jerry Lawler. Cole says he’s going to let us all know what he’s doing at WrestleMania in just a few minutes. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Michael Cole is in the ring, asking for our attention. Lawler comes into the ring and Cole says he can’t touch him or he’s fired. Lawler gets in Cole’s face. Cole says he wasn’t intimidated last week on RAW. Cole says there is nobody on earth that has more guts than him. Cole says he never backs down from a fight. Cole says no to Lawler’s WrestleMania challenge. Unless, Lawler accepts two conditions. Cole says one, his trainer can be in his corner. Two, Cole gets to choose the special referee. Lawler says he doesn’t care who Cole has with him, the answer is yes. Cole is happy that we’ve got the match set for WrestleMania. Cole introduces his trainer and out comes Jack Swagger.
Swagger comes down and Cole is feeling more confident. Swagger ends up putting the ankle lock on Lawler. Lawler is tapping out but Swagger won’t let go as Cole yells in his face. Swagger finally lets up and raises Cole’s hand in the air as his music plays.
- We get more hype for The Rock tonight. Randy Orton is shown walking backstage as we go to commercial.
- Back from commercial and Michael Cole has joined Matthews on commentary. Cole has replays play of the attack on Jerry Lawler.
- We go to the ring and out comes Randy Orton to a big pop. Orton says he made a big mistake and should have kicked CM Punk harder. Orton talks about how faith won’t stop him from kicking Punk’s head off this time. Punk’s music hits and out he comes with Nexus on the stage. Punk calls Orton an arrogant, predictable hypocrite. Punk says he’s going to put Orton in the ground. Nexus huddles up and begins to march down to the ring when the e-mail alert goes off. Cole says he won’t keep stealing the spotlight and lets Matthews make this announcement. The GM announces Randy Orton vs. CM Punk for WrestleMania. Orton will face members of Nexus over the next few weeks and if he wins, that member will be banned from ringside at WrestleMania. If Nexus members win, they can legally be in Punk’s corner.
Randy Orton vs. Michael McGillicutty
Orton’s first match is now as McGillicutty heads to the ring. They lock up and go at it. Orton turns it around and unloads with right hands in the corner. Orton with a big clothesline. Orton starts stomping and misses a knee drop. McGillicutty fires back. Orton clotheslines him out of the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton runs into a dropkick. 2 count for McGillicutty. McGillicutty works Orton over in the corner now. Orton fights back but gets taken back to the mat. McGillicutty with a blockbuster and another 2 count. Orton fights out of a headlock with a back drop. McGillicutty runs into a big boot and two clotheslines from Orton. Orton with a powerslam and a backbreaker. Orton brings McGillicutty in from the apron with the second rope DDT. Orton nails the RKO for the pin and the win. McGillicutty is banned from Punk’s corner at WrestleMania.
Winner: Randy Orton
- After the match, Orton poses before considering a punt kick on McGillicutty. Punk appears on the stage and orders Orton not to kick McGillicutty. Orton hits the punt on McGillicutty and flees the ring. Nexus chases Orton away from ringside. Orton goes into the crowd and stares down Nexus as his music plays.
- We get footage of Sin Cara being introduces in Mexico last week before going back to commercial with The Miz making his way out.
- Back from commercial and we see a replay of The Miz turning on his partner John Cena last week. Justin Roberts introduces our WWE Champion and out comes The Miz with Alex Riley. The Miz talks about The Rock responding to John Cena tonight. Miz said he called out Rock last week as well but he hasn’t responded yet. Miz says Rock knows he is right, this is no longer Rock’s show. Miz says Cena’s days are numbered and Rock’s are over. Miz says he is the biggest star in WWE, the reason everyone is there tonight. Miz goes on about how it’s always about him. Miz says he will beat Cena at WrestleMania and beat The Rock on the same night. Miz says it again – he will beat Cena and Rock on the same night at WrestleMania.
Riley tells everyone to get on their feet and show some respect for The Miz. John Cena’s music hits and out he comes.
Cena says Miz isn’t well and pulls out a big mock doctor’s note. Cena says Miz has obsessive compulsive disorder. Cena goes on picking on Miz until Alex Riley interrupts. Riley tries his hand at some comedy but it doesn’t work. Cena tells Miz that Riley is bad for him as WWE Champion and mocks them both. Cena wants Miz to fire Riley tonight. Miz asks Cena if he’s scared of Riley. Miz says he is mentoring the next generation of WWE Superstars, sharing his brilliance with Riley. Cena wants a match with Riley tonight and if Riley loses, he’s fired. The Miz accepts… under one condition. Miz says he won’t interfere but if Riley wins, Cena must admit that Miz is the greatest Superstar of all-time because he’s The Miz and he’s awesome. The Miz accepts for Riley. The e-mail alert goes off and it’s announced that Riley vs. Cena tonight will be in a steel cage. The only way to win is by escaping the cage. We go to commercial.
Divas Battle Royal: Alicia Fox, Melina, Natalya, The Bella Twins, Maryse, Tamina, Gail Kim
WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres is on commentary as we come back and the Divas are going at it in the ring. This is to determine a new #1 contender. It comes down to one of the Bellas, Maryse and Gail Kim. Gail eliminates Maryse. Gail throws out the Bella as the referees aren’t looking. The other Bella comes from under the ring and eliminates Gail.
- After the match, Eve Torres runs in and tries to tell them about the twins making the switch and cheating. The other Bella runs in and attacks Eve, laying her out. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see highlights from John Cena’s rap against The Rock last week. We go live via satellite to The Rock at his home in Los Angeles. Rock’s music hits in the arena and the crowd pops. We see The Rock at home with his back turned. He’s mocking Cena, the rapper. Rock turns around and is wearing Cena’s hat and pendant. Rock mocks Cena trying to rap.
Rock rips off the Cena gear and goes to his normal self. Rock talks about the electricity in the air and says that after all that happened, Cena chose to rap to him. You address me in the form of rap, he says. Rock mocks Cena’s look and mannerisms some more. Rock reminds us how this all started, when Cena called him a liar in public when Rock said he loves WWE. Rock says Cena insulted him and his family. Rock says his love for WWE is endless. Rock says his blood is WWE and talks about his grandfather and father, both Hall of Famers.
Rock says he knew if he made it in Hollywood, that meant one thing – he opened the door for WWE and their stars, paved the way for them. Rock says Cena is going to pay now for running his mouth. The Rock says nobody brings it like him. Rock says he is hosting WrestleMania but will be addressing Cena sooner than he thinks. Rock says his spirit is everywhere. He teases being in Buffalo tonight and continues with his promo, getting the crowd involved. The Rock says he’s back to scratch a major itch, so enjoy your Fruity Pebbles you yabba-dabba-bitch. Rock says Cena will smell what he’s cooking as his music hits and the crowd goes crazy.
- Matthews hypes tonight’s cage match with Riley vs. Cena. Up next, Shawn Michaels will speak out on the Taker vs. Triple H match. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a Triple H vs. Undertaker video with comments from Shawn Michaels. Shawn says there’s mixed emotions if Triple H wins because he couldn’t get the job done. Shawn talks about his history with both men. We see clips of Triple H and Taker in various matches as Shawn talks about them. Shawn says Triple H has no compassion in the ring. Shawn says if anyone can beat Taker at WrestleMania, it’s Triple H. Shawn says words like epic won’t do this match justice. Shawn says he doesn’t know how he’s going to feel when and if Triple H ends the streak.
- WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan comes to the ring for a match but he’s attacked by The Miz on the ramp. Miz beats Bryan down and kicks him in the head. Miz puts his shoe to Bryan’s head as it’s against the barrier. Another kick to Bryan’s head. Bryan gets up and Miz lays him out on the floor with a Skull Crushing Finale. Miz takes the mic and says he did that because he can. Miz welcomes us to The Miz Show. He’s done waiting. He tells officials to start the match as the cage is lowered down.
Steel Cage Match: John Cena vs. Alex Riley
The only way to win this one is by escaping the cage. If Cena wins, Riley is fired but if Riley wins, Cena must announce next week that The Miz is the greatest WWE star ever. We go to commercial as they put the cage in place.
Back from commercial and The Miz is on commentary. Out first comes Alex Riley followed by John Cena, to a big pop. The bell rings and they go at it. Cena takes control early. Cena goes to escape but Miz runs over and stops him. Miz slams the door at Cena, letting Riley take control. Miz runs back over and takes a photo on his phone of Cena’s face being rubbed in the cage. Miz slides his phone into the cage to Riley. Riley decks Cena with it and he goes down.
Riley goes to crawl out of the cage door but Cena pulls him back in. Miz runs over and plays tug of war with Riley’s body. Cena drags Riley back into the ring and locks the STF on. Riley taps out but it doesn’t matter. Cena finally breaks the hold and goes to climb out of the cage. Miz grabs a chair and swings it at the cage. Cena runs to the other side of the cage and starts to climb but Miz meets him with the chair again. Riley gets up and puts Cena on his shoulders, slamming him back on the mat. We go to commercial as both are down.
Back from commercial and Riley knocks Cena down. Riley with right hands. Riley goes for a dropkick but nobody’s there. Cena runs the ropes and hits two shoulders and a back drop. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle and goes for the Attitude Adjustment. Riley grabs the cage from Cena’s shoulders and climbs. Cena and Riley fight it out on the rope. Riley knocks Cena back to the mat. Riley climbs and makes it to the top before Cena can get up. Cena charges up the cage and now both of them are on top. Cena kocks Riley back to the rope with right hands. Cena hits a big bulldog from the top rope.
Cena hits the Attitude Adjustment on Riley and picks up Miz’s phone that’s laying in the ring. Cena takes a photo of Riley. Miz runs over to the cage door and blocks Cena from leaving out of it. Cena tries to force the door open but Miz holds it. Cena powers his way out to win the match.
Winner: John Cena
- As soon as Cena hits the floor, Miz picks him up and hits a Skull Crushing Finale. The Miz’s music hits and he heads up the ramp as we go to replays. Per the stipulations, Alex Riley is apparently fired. Miz raises his WWE Title up on the stage as Cena recovers on the floor and RAW goes off the air. No final shot of Riley.