Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Flyers 2011-2012
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:39 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Well what are your thoughts since they traded Mike Richards (the captian, leaves door open for Pronger to take that title) and also Jeff Carter away,but signed Ilya Bryzgalov (leaving out Boucher and Leighton, but keeps Bobrovsky in because both are russian). Also they did get a couple other players in the trading deals as well as draft picks so what do you guys think?

R.I.P Billy Kimmel -you will be missed

http://www.wesirwinmotorsports.com/

Race Count 2013:
Grove-8
Lincoln-1
Linda's-19
Port-1
Susky-8
Big Diamond-1
Susky Outback Track-1
Amount paid: $508

Post subject: Re: Flyers 2011-2012
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:10 am 
Legend
Legend

Strange that they got rid of Mike Richards and Jeff Carter!

Pronger would be a good Captain!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Best decision the flyers made recently... Look their biggest problem is the pipes for the past 5 years... they haven't had a steady netminder to give the team good piece of mind... it was sickening to watch philly changes goalies like a pitching rotation... as for the players they got? here's my thinking:

Wayne Simmonds- Dude's 22 years of age, and already plays like a wiley vet... Very gifted offensively when he played with Jared Stoll and Dustin Brown in LA... He was the X factor of that line, able to get into the sneaky areas around the net, while letting the attention set in on Stoll and Brown... He plays tough, always heads up to the attacker on the back-check, and is more than willing to drop the gloves when the time comes..

Brayden Schenn- Luke Schenn's little brother... out of the top 10 picks taken last year at the draft, Brayden's the most under-rated skater in the group. Speedy on the forecheck, able to beat defenders with his puck-handling and deking... I see him spending a few months in Adarondack before he gets the call-up to the big leagues... this kid's gonna be a star...

Jakub Voracek- I can't praise this guy enough.. He's a gifted 2-way forward who played surprisingly well in a failing Columbus system. Extremely tough when he has to be, but like Brayden, can beat you with puck-handling when going 1 on 1. Voracek is the right type of winger Philly needs to accent the playmaking abilities of Versteeg, Giroux, or Powe

Philly looks to have a good team coming into the 11-12 season... plus they're sitting in a good spot in the draft getting the 8th pick from Columbus... looks like Flyers fans will have a lot to cheer about.. Welcome to Ilya-Delphia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:26 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gonna miss Carter and Richards but I think they got value in return with young players that have great potential. The moves also cleared up some needed cap space. It will be interesting to see if Jagr back in the NHL and in a Flyers sweater. If he's still half as good as he once was, that will be an asset.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:00 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Hated to see Richards go, but the cap room was much needed. Injury prone Carter not so much. Excited about the Russian goalie and good match with our Russian Bobs. Ton of potential with the new blood so we'll just have to see. Talbot was a surprise and a good pick up. Jagr..............puck hog and still skates with his head down, which is why he went to play in Europe to begin with where the game is less physical. If he commits to being a playmaker and assist king great, otherwise he's gonna get crushed alot and not make it through the season anyway. Go Glyers!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:26 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

As a friend of mine says........Carter is a "china doll" that disappeared EVERY year in the playoffs. Anyone can skate around and pick up loose pucks like Carter did. Enjoy Columbus Jeffyboy. TFCO.

Richie was not Captain material. A great 2 way player, and dangerous on the kill. I think he will be missed early on in the season, but someone will step up to fill his role.

Hoping Simmonds can be an effective enforcer.

Good to see a stable net minder in there.........I still think Bob is gone, probably at the trade deadline. The Rangers will be our nemisis this season, they bulked up on talent and size.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:55 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

the blueshirts only bulked up in the cap space... that richards signing was really stupid, given they get a cap hit up front of 7.5 mil... it's a loaded front end contract with heavy bonuses in the first 3 years... really bad given they haven't signed on callahan yet and 2 other RFA's on their roster... i think they expect to contend in the next 3 years, but the rangers lack in depth, especially on their 3rd and 4th line... guess time will tell...