Page 2 of 2

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:24 pm
by hotrodney
Bucs traded for Dekerk Lee and Ryan Ludwick. That should help the lieneup. I'm just not sure they should be trading away good prospects for veterans though. I know it's been an exciting year playing winning baseball for the 1st time in ages but they aren't contenders yet so I don't know about the logic of trading away prospects to rent veteran players for a year. Of course after what they've endured the last 17 years, just finishing above .500 would be huge.

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:07 pm
by Tweedlee
JNR6 wrote:
timmer wrote:
timmer wrote:i'm :thinking: several ,will come off the d/a list, soon ,and things will get even better. kinda wish i had tick's for the upcoming series with the Phils .

i digress on those tic's :handoverhead:
:jiggy: :jiggy: :jiggy: GO PHILS!!! 3 GAME SWEEP!!!

What was that 180M versus 40M? Put a salary cap on it like football and the SILLIES would be sucking hind tit every year like they did in the past. Enjoy though. The sport of baseball is a joke.

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:45 am
by BStrawser26
timmer wrote: David does kick Goliath's arse,and it's coming,mark my words,2012 will be the year,but it will be a one year thing,kinda like the Marlin's a couple years ago.
Your starting to sound like an Eagles fan..... Wait till next year and when next year comes......the get their :buttkick:

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 am
by lefty
Not much activity in the free agent signing period. Just signed a punter and some undrafted rookies. Winning the division is gonna be tough with the Saints and Falcons bringing back top-notch squads. :thumbleft:

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:48 pm
by Sea Bass
I didn't think Milwaukee still had a team?

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:13 pm
by Wax
lefty wrote:Not much activity in the free agent signing period. Just signed a punter and some undrafted rookies. Winning the division is gonna be tough with the Saints and Falcons bringing back top-notch squads. :thumbleft:

? whats that got to do with the Pirates.

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:31 pm
by Wax
JNR6 wrote:
timmer wrote:
timmer wrote:i'm :thinking: several ,will come off the d/a list, soon ,and things will get even better. kinda wish i had tick's for the upcoming series with the Phils .

i digress on those tic's :handoverhead:
:jiggy: :jiggy: :jiggy: GO PHILS!!! 3 GAME SWEEP!!!


welp,as i predicted,the wheels would fall off,streak,currently at 5,JNR6,congrats,you,newfound fils fan,i've never busted yur balls,in the general discussion,section where,you leave yurself wide-open,for insults,carry-on.

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:06 am
by BStrawser26
timmer wrote: JNR6,congrats,you,newfound fils fan,i've never busted yur balls,in the general discussion,section where,you leave yurself wide-open,for insults,carry-on.
You couldn't be more wrong......I liked the Phils since 1975 when I was in grade school. A lot of lean years between then and now!! Also some good years and 2 very good years!!! I remember **** Ruthven, Bake McBride, Secretary of Defense - Gary Maddox, Bob Denier, Lefty - Steve Carlton, Mike Schmidt, Larry Bowa, Manny Trillio, Larry Christenson, The Bull - Greg Lusinski, Bob Boone, Tug McGraw, Greg Gross, Lonnie Smith, Dickie Noles, Del Unser, Marty Bystrom, Bob Walk, Keith Moreland, and the person that put them over the top for the 1980 championship....Charlie hustle - Pete Rose

I didn't bust on you....just telling the truth....I don't see the Pirates winning anything "World Series" for many years to come!! They will trade away all there good players when they need to pay them more.

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:57 am
by Tweedlee
bye bye bucco's. It was a nice run. On too football!

:surrender:

The reality of baseball in a small market is in the long run, we can't sustain.

:eagles:

Let's talk about the "DREAM TEAM" baby...... :cwm4:

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:59 pm
by Wax
Tweedlee wrote:bye bye bucco's. It was a nice run. On too football!

:surrender:

The reality of baseball in a small market is in the long run, we can't sustain.

:eagles:

Let's talk about the "DREAM TEAM" baby...... :cwm4:


yes,things look quite dim,and it was a good run,but i'm not ready to :surrender: just yet.theres alot games to go for the little team that might.

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:13 pm
by Wax
okay,reckon,everything is back to normal ,2 sweeps in a row,mite maybe be spoilers at,seasons end,....i'm :thinking: 2012 will be better,dam,it was fun for a month or two :handoverhead: as far as i'm concerned,this thread can die,now. :(

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:08 am
by lefty
timmer wrote: as far as i'm concerned,this thread can die,now. :(
But football season is just starting. Go Bucs Go!
Image

Re: Go Buc's Go

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:30 pm
by hotrodney
Swept by the Cubs, OUCH. :doh: