Re: THE U

Post by themouth » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:10 pm

can you say smu! :twisted:

harddrive
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by harddrive » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:43 pm

:thinking: ... wouldn't it be easier to list the U's that are somewhat clean :pinkelephant:
Proud Member of Sprntlover's Babysitting Service
Pa Posse Says Race or Shut Your Pie Hole!
Work hard & become a leader. Be lazy & end up a slave.
I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

DrakPak
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by DrakPak » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:13 am

And all this time I thought trading a jersey for a tattoo was bad. :pinkelephant:
Loyal Cornhusker fan since Monday November 7, 2011.

harddrive
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by harddrive » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:38 am

... I see Brutus Buckeye is back :laughing7: ... are you an eaglet fan agin :thinking:
Proud Member of Sprntlover's Babysitting Service
Pa Posse Says Race or Shut Your Pie Hole!
Work hard & become a leader. Be lazy & end up a slave.
I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

Tweedlee
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Tweedlee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:27 am

DrakPak wrote:And all this time I thought trading a jersey for a tattoo was bad. :pinkelephant:
hookers, abortions, SUV's, wads of cash....the buckeyes are lagging behind. Just think, if you didn't bite on Terrell, you would really be behind the "game".

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Death penalty to Miami, Ohio St., USC, Auburn, Oregon, Tennessee and all other cheaters. :yessss: NCAA football violations have got way out of hand.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Sea Bass
Legend
Legend

Post by Sea Bass » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:00 pm

themouth wrote:can you say smu! :twisted:
You'll never see a Death Penalty again. Book it.

Sea Bass
Legend
Legend

Post by Sea Bass » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:02 pm

hotrodney wrote:Death penalty to Miami, Ohio St., USC, Auburn, Oregon, Tennessee and all other cheaters. :yessss: NCAA football violations have got way out of hand.
The NFL will never allow their feeder league to be treated like that.

Scott Harro
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Scott Harro » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:56 am

after watching espn's 30 for 30 segment on smu football, i don't think you'll ever see the death penalty again but they have to get the message across somehow. there is no way the universities can control all that goes on in an athlete's life but if the university knows about it and does nothing to stop it, or promotes it, that's a different story. i think most of the problem is the kids themselves. and even if there were financial compensation to the players they'd still be grabbing at the $$. i do get tired of hearing they should pay these guys. look at it this way. i pay my kids way to college by working 2 jobs. my kids still have to work while attending to have spending money. these kids in the big programs are getting a free ride so the parents don't have tuition, room and board to pay. i know the players don't have time to practice and work a job but couldn't the parents give them the spending money since they're not paying for their education? and yes you can take a loan out for misc school expenses. been there done that. maybe the only way to control the players is if the nfl says if you get busted for violating ncaa policy you're banned from the nfl for 5 years from your date of anticipated college graduation!!! pryor for example is getting off way to easy and now a precedent has been set. he shouldn't be in the supp draft. his eligiblity status did not change at Ohio St since the regular draft. he could still go to school and still play football after 5 games same as before. but now he goes and admits to more than he was accused of and his attorney says because of that his eligibility would change because OU will now probably kick him off the team. i call bullshit!! 5 game nfl suspension for a rookie QB. like that's gonna hurt.
My OPINIONS are just that and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of anyone or any track I am associated with!

Tweedlee
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Tweedlee » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Me thinks the administration, coaches, cheerleaders, fans, hot dog vendors, bartenders, managers, ground crew, ticket takers, and all others not mentioned knew this was going on.

No death penalty but it will feel like it.

paoldtimer
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by paoldtimer » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Scott Harro wrote:...but couldn't the parents give them the spending money since they're not paying for their education? and yes you can take a loan out for misc school expenses. been there done that.
Think about what you just said and then look at those college athletes that are getting the free rides. They aren't exactly coming from upstanding communities. Taking a loan? Don't see that happening either. We do things the "right" way (paying for our kids') others do it the "sl-eazy" way. Don't see it changing anytime soon.
"Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you will suck forever!"

themouth
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by themouth » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:21 pm

poor golden.. 8 players ruled ineligible including starter jacory harris. gonna be a long road, sea bass your right.. i think they will get the usc treatment! bowl ban and and major scholarships taking away..

Tweedlee
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Tweedlee » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:24 am

Oh, this is a lot different than the USC episode.

Sea Bass
Legend
Legend

Post by Sea Bass » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:10 am

I say flush the program and send it back to community college status.