Crew Chief
Crew Chief

9/10/11 :camera: :wootrock: :whip: :buttkick: :cwm4:

:bananadance:

Post subject: Re: Roll Tide
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:48 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Bama showed alot of class by not running up the score. PSU is not the same without joe on the sidelines

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:59 pm 
Legend
Legend

that red headed asst. coach for psu should be a teacher not a screamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:42 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As much as I hate to admit, PSU needs an entire new coaching staff. This isn't 1982, they need to open it up and not play just to keep it close. They're lucky they have any decent recruits wanting to come there anymore. Joe was great in his time but his time has passed and the assistants are people that Joe has blind loyalty to although they're not good enough to land a job at another school. They've had numerous top QB recruits over the last decade and and have developed absolutely none of them. Who's the QB coach? Oh the head coaches son! Same with other positions except maybe the D-line and LB's. Time to clean house. Larry Johnson is the only coach I'd keep on that staff. It's become obvious that PSU can't compete with the top 10 programs anymore. Time to move on before it really starts affecting recruiting as I believe it has done a little bit already. PSU is a dream job with that facility and heritage. Get a good young coach and they will be back on top in a couple years.

I realize it's only one game but it was the biggest game on the schedule by far, a chance to make an impression and show everyone that Penn St. football is back on the map and can compete with the best, a chance to show impressionable young recruits that PSU is the place to be. Sure they can still have a "good" season and win 8-9 games against the horrific Big 10 schedule and make a bowl game but that proves nothing. Saturday was a statement game and they failed miserably.

I guess it could be worse. We could have lost to the likes of Rice or NM State like Big 10 powers Purdue and Minnesota. :laughing7: Even the mighty Ohio St. Cheateyes barely squeaked one out over Toledo.