Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:31 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
 Post subject: Re: Penn State topic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:55 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Scott Harro wrote:
Shultz just up and retired again and Curly is still collecting a paycheck while on "administrative leave" at least his leave is punishment while McQueary's is for his own safety. hopefully people are upset with McQ because he didn't pound the crap out of Sandusky and not because Joe got fired. he did not get joe fired unless he lied about what he told him. they say(rumor has it) they can't fire McQ because of the whistleblower law. he still could have been put on leave with pay and not allowed to coach. Curly i don't think qualifies for whistleblower status cause he didn't see anything himself. then again neither did joe but ones gone and ones not. the decision to fire joe and force spanier out and only suspend others was soley based on the names. when you think psu on any level you think joe and spanier. this was a lame attempt by the trustees to cover their butts. trust me i'm not defending joe for not doing more. just that he's taking all the heat while others who knew more or did less are getting away with little or no media coverage.

just funny that all the media was camped outside joes house for a week but not one report from sandusky's abode. that should tell you who the media thinks the monster is.

Curly might be still collecting a paycheck....but for how long? He doesn't have a chance at getting his job back.

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:13 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

:thinking: ... but will the Sandusky case be bigger than OJ or Casey or MJ TV trials :doh: ... there's no limit to what the networks will build to attrack the media society :ahhh:

... let the case run its course than :ahhhh:

I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:48 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

JNR6 wrote:

We will all be judged at the end of our life...and not by humans!!!

link?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:32 pm 
Legend
Legend

I'm 100% sure this idiot

killed Natalie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:54 pm 
Legend
Legend

My wife just showed on AOL that JoePa has lung cancer! :(

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:23 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Highside wrote:
JNR6 wrote:

We will all be judged at the end of our life...and not by humans!!!

link?

http://www.answers2prayer.org/bible_que ... gment.html

"And, as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement" Hebrews 9:27 "The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the vil and the good" Prov. 15:3 "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement" Matthew 12:36. "Be not deceived, God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall reap" Gal. 6:7 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" - Romans 3:23a. "For the wages of sins is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus. (KING JAMES VERSION OF THE BIBLE)

Proverbs 11:21 "You can be very sure the evil man will not go unpunished forever. And you can also be very sure God will rescue the children of the godly.

Every sin will definitely be judged, so also no sinner will go without being judged. The righteous will also have their part. Let those who are righteous continue in their righteousness. Let those who are ungodly repent now before the terrible day of the Lord.

With this understanding we need to still note that the fact that for everyone who has placed his/her faith in the Lord Jesus his/her sins has been judged already. The Lord Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary did this. Let's read this good news:

John 3:18 "There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don't trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing the only Son of God."

Isaiah 53:4-5 "Yet it was our grief he bore, our sorrows that weighted him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, for his owns sins!. But he was wounded and bruised for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace, he was lashed and we were healed!"

Usually no one is punished twice for the same offence. Since Jesus stood for us and was judged in our stead we were already dealt with. Actually He came to do it for us with the permission off God He released Himself to be judged because of you and me. But are we living a justifiable life to make him glad everyday? Are we not trying to crucify Him the second time by our actions, behaviors and utterances? We need to examine ourselves. We need to weigh ourselves on the scale of God. Don't belief that once saved, you are saved forever. You need to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Don't judge Christ the second time!

THE OBLIGATION OF THE CHRISTIANS

After the Lord Jesus had saved us from our sins, He committed some work into our hands. There are things expected of us to be done, some of these includes making disciples of all nations, loving one another, becoming an ambassador for Him here on earth.

Matthew 28:19-20 "Therefore go and make disciples in all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Sons and of the Holy Spirit, and then teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you; and be sure of this - I am with you always, even to the end of the world"

John 13:34-35 "And so I am giving a new commandments to you now - love each other just as much as I love you. Your strong love for each other will prove to the world that you are my disciples".

2 Cor. 5:20 "We are Christ's ambassadors. God is using us to speak to you: we beg you, as thought Christ himself were here pleading with you, receive the love he offers you - be reconciled to God. For God took the sinless Christ and poured into him our sins. Then, in exchange, he poured God's goodness into us!"

We have a great obligation to the whole world. To the sinners first and to those who have been redeemed by the blood of the only Son of God.

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:12 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

GasNGo wrote:
I guess the thing that gets me.... why all the smiley's and hysterical laughs over this subject? It's really as though there's joy in this???

I'd be careful to claim to know so much about this case... seems like anyone that knows that much is getting fired/resigning from their jobs, subpeonaed or indicted on charges.

Tom Corbett sure did a good job of keeping it quite for (what)?? three years :silenced:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:39 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I would like to know if everyone did so much to keep this quiet how I have known about it for a few years now. I know I heard it when the grandjury was called and I think I heard about it even before that. Is it possible that a lot of people just don't pay attention to the world around them and they finally hear about something they think there was a cover up when it was they who were under a rock. I am thinking instead of Penn State trying to cover it up until after the season is over that maybe someone illegally leaked the info before the season ended so it would have a greater impact.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:28 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

No Penn State score updates today?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:58 pm 
Legend
Legend

Thats because JNR6 can't run off at the mouth about the players loosing today. :roll:

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:03 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

No, I was Christmas shopping all afternoon and early evening with my wife!!! ;) I didn't get home until the game was over. Sorry to disappoint you!! Go Badgers!!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: I don't like to see the players lose...just the people that put money in front of doing what is right....like the the entire administration at PSU.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:21 pm 
Racer
Racer

If those boys play as well as they did today and play with heart again next, Wisconsin will have a tough time beating them.

Again, I don't think they would care if you cheer them on or not. They know the true fans are supporting them and the coaches!

You don't agree with what the student body or the administration are doing now by raising and donating money to organizations for abused children?

I wish you would keep your religious views to yourself and not post about them or quote bible verses. Those things offend people. Not everyone believes in the same things you do. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:25 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

BigNugs87 wrote:
I wish you would keep your religious views to yourself and not post about them or quote bible verses. Those things offend people. Not everyone believes in the same things you do. :roll:

Highside asked for a link for that so I gave it to him. :idea: If someone asks....I will answer their question. :thumbleft:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 pm 
Racer
Racer

JNR6 wrote:
Highside asked for a link for that so I gave it to him. :idea: If someone asks....I will answer their question. :thumbleft:

pm the person.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:31 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

BigNugs87 wrote:
JNR6 wrote:

pm the person.

No, the way I did it was fine!!!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next