Next Penn State Head Football Coach Is ...

Discuss anything to do with Sports.
yeldarb
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Re: Next Penn State Head Football Coach Is ...

Post by yeldarb » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:55 pm

I said it four years ago and still believe to this day that Bill Cowher is who they should do everything possible to try and get!! It will never happen but think of the recruiting advantage they could have with a super bowl winning coach.
ANYONE BUT THE 21

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:14 am

I'd say Bradley has failed the audition with a 1-3 record including blowout losses to Wisconsin and Houston.

They said during the game yesterday that the front runner is now the OC for the Patriots, O'Brien. They definitely need someone with an offensive mind but I don't like the idea of getting one of Bellichek's assistants. They haven't had much success as HC's in the past(Weiss, Mangini, McDaniel). I like Clements better. Look at what he's done with Aaron Rodgers and Matt Flynn. QB has a huge weakness for years. He also has OC experience in the NFL and Rodgers speaks very highly of him. That's good enough for me.

I'm probably in the minority here but since it's the beginning of a new era for Penn St., maybe it's time to jazz up the uni's a little bit. I was thinking maybe a PS on the helmet and the oval lion logo somewhere on the jersey and maybe get real crazy and put a blue stripe down the pants. :shocked:
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

harddrive
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by harddrive » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Proud Member of Sprntlover's Babysitting Service
Pa Posse Says Race or Shut Your Pie Hole!
Work hard & become a leader. Be lazy & end up a slave.
I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:02 pm

:yessss: :yessss: :clap: :clap:

An offensive coordinator something they needed at PSU for many, many years now!! Now they need a QB!! Still a long road...I am so glad they went outside PSU for their coach instead of a PSU alum or assistant coach they had up their!! :clap: :clap:

His first order of business is to get rid of all the assistant coaches and make a clean break from them!!! It is his program to run now!!! This will not be the same bland offense we saw from PSU for many years!! :idea:
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

lefty
Legend
Legend

Post by lefty » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Charlie Weiss
Romeo Crennell
Eric Mangini
Josh McDaniels
Bill O'Brien

PSU better hope this guy fares better than Belichick's other former coordinators in New England.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:28 am

lefty wrote:Charlie Weiss
Romeo Crennell
Eric Mangini
Josh McDaniels
Bill O'Brien

PSU better hope this guy fares better than Belichick's other former coordinators in New England.
Agreed, out of the final contestants, I was hoping they would hire Clements. Maybe they didn't because he is a ND guy. :dontknow:
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Sea Bass
Legend
Legend

Post by Sea Bass » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:39 pm

lefty wrote:Charlie Weiss
Romeo Crennell
Eric Mangini
Josh McDaniels
Bill O'Brien

They were all railroaded!