Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:08 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Football Talk
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

*Did the Eagles just get rid of their best cornerback?

*Tebow didn't make a year before getting knocked off the QB positioin

*RG3 could be a big bust. He is an excellent athlete but compiled a ton of numbers in a run and gun system.

*Where was Ryan Tanneyhill and Michael Floyd all year? Clearly "Combine studs" but could be gameday duds.

Post subject: Re: Football Talk
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

:thinking: ... I guess you're fishing (bait)? ... but I pray RG3 isn't a Redskin bust :whistle: .. but a Cowgal killer :thumbleft:

I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:53 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

There are suckers galore on this board but no in fact i wasnt. I could care less about all the above subjects. Just stating some observations.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:33 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Tweedlee wrote:
1*Did the Eagles just get rid of their best cornerback?
2*Tebow didn't make a year before getting knocked off the QB position
3*RG3 could be a big bust. He is an excellent athlete but compiled a ton of numbers in a run and
gun system.
4*Where was Ryan Tanneyhill and Michael Floyd all year? Clearly "Combine studs" but could be gameday duds.

Tweedlee wrote:
There are suckers galore on this board but no in fact i wasnt. I could care less about all the above subjects. Just stating some observations.

1* ... who cares, its just the Eaglets (same answer for Cowgals & Midgets)
2* ... great athlete/person but not a starting NFL QB
3* ... go Deadskins
4* ... Ryan = clipboard holder ... Mikey is drunk & out of the NFL is 4 years or less

:thinking: ... how did I do?

I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:20 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

:thumbright:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:37 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Tweedlee wrote:

I will defend Tebow obviously you know that but it's Peyton Manning. It was the perfect Situation for Broncos and their front office to get away from him. I don't blame them.

RGIII- I think he will be a stud and better than luck. JMO. But he is on the Redskins.

Ryan Tanneyhill- I hope he does well. I understand the pick because they could not have another Ginn/Quinn situation especially with not getting a QB during free agency. The thing that has me worried being a Dolphins fan is that they obviously wont be good this year and might be bad enough to have a shot at Barkely next year.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:40 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'll bite.

1. Samuel is a good zone QB but in man to man, he sucks. I, for one, will not miss him standing 5 yards deep in the end zone while the other team scores a gimme TD underneath. Eagles are going to more man/press coverage so he doesn't fit the scheme; Asomugha and DRC do. Still think we should have got more than a 7th but oh well, eagles had a GREAT draft!

2. Tebow? LOL Sanchez single handedly cost the Jets the playoffs with his terrible play at the end of last season but "the savior" isn't the answer. If Sanchez doesn't get back on track this season then the Jets took a bad situation and made it worse with the Tebowmaniacs calling for him to play.

3. RG3 has great potential but so many(probably half) early 1st round QB's are busts. Washington needed a QB though so I don't blame them for taking such a huge risk and it's good that RG3 is a great runner since the foreskins did nothing to improve their horrible O-line. Taking Cousins made no sense with all their other needs.

4. Floyd is the real deal, big, athletic and very productive at ND, not just a combine star- that's Poe. Tanneyhill is a major reach at #8 but QB is the most important position. Looking at the Dolphins team, I really don't know how they are going to win a single game this year.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:48 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Hey head wrench , midgets ? are you talking about ARDC . There are only Giants in the NFC east and they just won The SUPER BOWL .

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:04 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Unfortunately I have to agree with HotRod.... Except for Floyd. If he pans out it will be a shock. As a Dolphins fan.... I hope Moore can do more with less (No Brandon Marshall) Tannehilll has a hot wife... But that's not worth a #8...