All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: jason meyers news
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:53 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

jason Meyers Shifts Focus to Family

The two-time defending champion will compete in the first 12 WoO events

From the desk of Jason Meyers:

In January of 2004 with the help of Guy Stockbridge and eventually Chris Luck in 2006, I set out to build a World of Outlaw sprint car team capable of winning the World of Outlaws Championship. Over the past eight years, seven seasons of Outlaw competition, the team we created through hard work and sleepless nights has finished in the top-five seven times with three runner up finishes and recently two championships in succession.

Along the way, we had the opportunity to work with some of the finest individuals in motorsports and have made friends for life that we will cherish forever. Many of these folks worked daily within Elite Racing and many were sponsors and supporters that made our dreams reachable through their belief in our marketing and performance capabilities.

This offseason has been like all the rest, filled with obstacles and challenges that force you to analyze your current position and also your short and long term goals. As many of you may know, my wife and I started a family on the road almost five years ago and we have been blessed with two beautiful little girls who not only love their mom and dad, but they love the races. When we decided to have a family, we promised ourselves that when it was time for our children to start school the road would no longer be our home. In just eight short months, our oldest will be starting school and life as we know it will once again change.

Events that occurred over the winter months have given me the opportunity to take a good hard look at where we are in life and where we want to be. In this process, I have learned that it is time for me to be at home and although sprint car racing has given me so much, it can never give me what attending my daughter’s sporting events and taking them camping will. It is for this reason that I have decided to depart from my professional career on the road and embark on a new challenge as Dad and Husband. It is time for me to build a career outside of racing that will allow me to fulfill my commitments to my children and wife both financially and in person.

It is my passion for this sport, our team, our sponsors, and the fans that has made this decision very difficult and at times unimaginable. However when I imagine my daughter winning her first game and not being there to tell her good job, I see the reality of what life is all about. The sport of sprint car racing is a wonderful thing and has taken my family all over the world. I look forward to continuing my involvement when time allows whether I am driving, tuning, coaching, or whatever I can do to give back to the sport that has given so much to me. Companies often restructure in order to make it to the next level and that is exactly what I am doing, restructuring my priorities so that we as a family can reach the next level.

I cannot say thank you enough to all of those that have been a part of Elite Racing, my teammates, our owners, our sponsors, our fans, and the World of Outlaws. It has been a great adventure and I look forward to putting on a helmet in three months, six months, or even a year, and participating in a sprint car event somewhere in the world just for fun! Because at the end of the day, that is what sprint car racing is and that is why we all love it!

With that being said, we still have business left to do. To show our appreciation to our sponsors and fans we will be running the “Allstar Appreciation Tour,” presented by Allstar Performance. We will be racing the first 14 races of the 2012 World of Outlaw season beginning in Volusia County on February 15th and ending at the famed half-mile in Napa Valley Calistoga Speedway.

Allstar Appreciation Tour 2012

Feb 15th Volusia Speedway Allstars
Feb 16th Volusia Speedway Allstars
Feb 17th Volusia Speedway WoO Opener
Feb 18th Volusia Speedway WoO
Feb 19th Volusia Speedway WoO
Mar 3rd USA Raceway Park WoO
Mar 8th Las Vegas Motor Speedway WoO
Mar 10th Perris Auto Speedway WoO
Mar 16th Tulare Thunderbowl WoO
Mar 17th Tulare Thunderbowl WoO
Mar 23rd Silver Dollar Speedway WoO
Mar 24th Silver Dollar Speedway WoO
Mar 30th Merced Speedway WoO
Mar 31st Calistoga Speedway WoO
One of the most exciting parts about the Allstar Appreciation Tour will be the new car design with many new sponsors as well as the reintroduction of many of our partners of the past that have rejoined Elite Racing for this final tour. We will be announcing these sponsors and introducing the new car design in the coming days so stay tuned to the Elite Racing website, facebook, and twitter feeds for exciting news and announcements.

Post subject: Re: jason meyers news
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:14 pm 
Legend
Legend

I wonder is there more to this story than Famliy matters ? Well what ever because we will have a new champ or a 21 time champion !!! :cheers2: :yessss:

Kinser #11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Move to Central Pa. You can run as many races as in the WoO and you can stay home and attend your daughter's sporting events and go camping. See, problem solved!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:17 pm 
Racer
Racer

DuncannonDirtFan wrote:
Move to Central Pa. You can run as many races as in the WoO and you can stay home and attend your daughter's sporting events and go camping. See, problem solved!

:yessss:

UNOH student.

2013: 56 races at 15 different tracks.

2014 Races: 23

Waynesfield: 5
Eldora: 4
Attica: 2
Wiliams Grove: 3
Lincoln: 1
Kokomo: 1
Volusia: 1
Limaland: 2
Talladega Short Track: 1
Gas City: 1

Chili Bowl Nationals
Aarons 312 Talladega N'wide race
Indianapolis 500

Daytona Speedweeks:
Sprint Unlimited
Rolex 24
Daytona Rising CTSCC 200

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Can you recognize the real story line besides family. Burnout from the travel & the $$$'s it takes to do the whole circus tour year after year. You accomplished way more with less than others that have tried for years.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:00 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

:clap: glad to see that he is a dad first and racer second! no matter what went into all this, he is a champ! way to go Jason! :cheers2:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:14 am 
Legend
Legend

I wish him luck ! Hopefully gets to do whatever he wants to do in the future. I applaud him for what he accomplished. I thank him for putting on a good show. And , I am liking the way he is bowing out . :clap: :cheers2:

Ps. I hope Moser picked him in the Win Challenge and Crown Royal Challenge. :cwm4:

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:48 am 
Legend
Legend

DuncannonDirtFan wrote:

Wow my three year prediction could start to take shape earlier than i thought. Don't know that Jason would like to call Pa his home but it isn't bad ask those that have stayed. Shooter I agree with you somewhat but we have stayed with Elite racing at motels more than once and they had plenty at their disposal, but I also see that some of that has gone in another direction. Sometimes you hear fans complain but when those kids grow up and you miss it, it is gone forever and it happens quick.
I wouldn't say all the writing is on the wall in this release, but it is a well stated way to cut back for awhile.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:04 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

It seems the outlaws are slowly losing their grip! They have now lost 2 from last year, Sides and Meyers. It will be interesting to see where they are 5 years from now.... I think when the real kicker will be is when Steve Kinser hangs his helmet up,he isn't going to race forever :dontknow:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:54 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Didn't catch the Sides interview. What are his plans for 2012?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:14 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

steeler1 wrote:
It seems the outlaws are slowly losing their grip! They have now lost 2 from last year, Sides and Meyers.

I thought the Sides press release was just a lot of hot air and tough guy talk that he wasn't going to follow through with. I thought I saw over Hoseheads that after all the talk about how the Outlaws screwed him last year, he was going to crawl right back to them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:19 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

WOW! Does this mean he is going to disappear from Sprint Cars like Mark Kinser. What is also Mark Kinser up to these days.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:32 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Sides is running anywhere he wants according to his interview on winged nation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:32 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

phightin'phils wrote:
Sides is running anywhere he wants according to his interview on winged nation

Like a lot of guys are doing this year, running TRUE outlaw schedules :clap: I think the days of guys being told where they can or cannot race are coming to a close, and in my opinion, this good for the fans! How lucky we are in PA :dance:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:41 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

kinserfan11 wrote:
I wonder is there more to this story than Famliy matters ? ...

Was thinking the same thing. Just did the Georgia Boot deal and then raced well down under. Wonder if this affects Stevie in any way?