Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nascar at Eldora
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:08 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Thought this race was great. Wish it had started earlier too so I could have seen the finish. Some good passing though and loved the trucks on dirt. Seems like drivers liked it as well. Kudos to Kyle Larson. Nice showing! Tony Stewart on the right track with this event in my opinion! Maybe WG will get a truck race in the future. That would be good!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:30 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45
From what I saw Bloomquist turned out to be a big disappointment... I heard them mention at one point that he decided to try and have to sway bar taken out to try and get the front end to lift and float more like a late model does, which turned out to backfire big time on him... Couldn't understand why he would want to "try" something for the feature, that sounds like something that should have been tried during the practice sessions...

Larson and Austin Dillion we a lot of fun to watch, if they could speak during the race I'm sure they were both saying "that's not how you make a turn on dirt, you do it this THIIIIIIIS!!!" and then they dive down into the turn and drift out of it... I would laugh anytime they would make a comment about one of the dirt-virgins getting upset about them sliding up in front of them...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:44 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Even had a 4-wide salute to the fans. :thumbleft:

Selinsgrove - 2
Lincoln - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:27 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I found this interesting - Kings Royal winner Brad Sweet - 40 laps, won $50,000
- Truck series winner Austin Dillon - 153 laps, won $28,375

:thinking2: :popcorn:

Overall though, the racing with the trucks exceeded my expectations, and I did really enjoy the race!! Great move by Nascar!

Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pro ... 1321718744

2014 races:

Salamanca, NY - ISOC/ECS Snocross
Lincoln - 2
Port Royal - 4
Lernerville - 5
Mercer - 2
Williams Grove - 2
McKean County - 3
Roaring Knob - 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:42 pm 
Legend
Legend

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2585679

Kinser #11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:26 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Swandogg wrote:
I found this interesting - Kings Royal winner Brad Sweet - 40 laps, won $50,000
- Truck series winner Austin Dillon - 153 laps, won $28,375

:thinking2: :popcorn:

Overall though, the racing with the trucks exceeded my expectations, and I did really enjoy the race!! Great move by Nascar!

yea but your talking about the Kings Royal there, that's a once a year kinda deal, for the most part they are only racing for 5 to 10...

Can't believe I forgot about Sweet too, why the heck wouldn't have someone put him in a truck!!!

Every article I read talks about how the Cup series should go back to dirt as well, I think it's safe to bet that atthe truck series will return at least once a year, MAYBE someday the Nationwide series may give it a shot (heck, 1 year they gave them treaded tires and manual windshield wipers and had them run a road course in the rain), but I don't think you will EVER see the Cup series on dirt... There are way to many pre-madonna's...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:16 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Not to bad a race for a Wednesday night, different but good. One slick track, but that's what they needed. Dam near forgot about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:32 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I really enjoyed the race and still cant believe nascar actually raced on dirt. My only complaint was i dont think the caution laps should have counted in the feature. Think the drivers and fans got a bit screwed on the first caution when they just rode it out to end the first segment. Other than that i sure hope they run it again because id love to go some year

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:16 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

love everything about it. But one thing that no one is doing is giving credit where credit is due. If it wasn't for Tony Stewart's actions we would have never been able to witness history in the making last night. So thank you Tony for getting nascar to due this. IMOA this is a step in the right direction for nascar.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Joke? - Stick to your copy and paste updates and cheering for the King.

I was there, I'll go again when they have it next year.
Went out on a whim that it might be something special but expected the worst.
When we saw the track I was really expecting the worst - bone dry and slick - top to bottom.
The B-Main and Main were great, maybe TV didn't do them justice but it was a cool event.

We got to the track at 5 on Tuesday afternoon, in time to watch some truck practice, LM warm ups, time trials and feature.
One groove track, hard and slick but I expected that.
What I didn't expect was that Bloomquist would look so bad.
The LM's were flying on Tuesday night on a dusty hard, dry track.
After watching the trucks tip toe around in their practice session the LM's looked like jets.

As far as Wednesday we were in watching as soon as anything hit the track.
I go to a bunch of NASCAR races every year and have never seen so many people watch qualifying.
The early trucks had the good track - which wasn't much of a good track, it went away quick.

The heats were so so but they had their moments.
The B was great, haven't seen so many slide jobs that used eight tires instead of four since the Indy Midget Speedweek show at LPS in 2011.
Those guys were clobering each other.
I can still hear the scraping and pounding sounds they made when they hit the walls.

Benning making the show was something special, the guys in the B wore each other out.
Reminded me of consi's at Silver Springs back in the day.

The main was pretty cool, like everyone thought Bloomquist would pick them off one by one - never happened and then thought Larson was gone - wrong.

I'd like to see them run a longer distance next year and find some way of doing green flag pitstops, I'm not a fan of "time outs" like they did last night.

Huge crowd, didn't have to deal with traffic as we camped at the track.
Traffic seemed to get out of the parking lots quick.
We drove out at 9AM this morning and were home by 5:15.

I'm counting the days until this year's Four Crown!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:03 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Well stated KWR. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm pretty much sprint car only as far as my racing preference but I'll admit, that was a pretty neat deal. I can sit here and name 50 things I'd change about it but the fact is, it was entertaining and a huge success. It was anything but a joke. I'll tell you what is a joke: calling something a joke and then proceeding to post about it several more times.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:16 pm 
Legend
Legend

Listen people what i saw was ajoke; all the BS on tube NOT the racing; all stupid azz commericals; announcers shooting their mouth off ; i like the 1st and last segment NOT last chance race or heats thats all that was a joke i said NOT the main event :twisted: :ahhh:

Kinser #11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:49 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

CH_88 wrote:
Well stated KWR. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm pretty much sprint car only as far as my racing preference but I'll admit, that was a pretty neat deal. I can sit here and name 50 things I'd change about it but the fact is, it was entertaining and a huge success. It was anything but a joke. I'll tell you what is a joke: calling something a joke and then proceeding to post about it several more times.

Well said but then again look at what your dealing with. This is the same person who just the other week was asking why didn't Schatz not let Kinser stay on the lead lap so he would start on the pole of the 2nd feature at Lernerville. Now that is a joke!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:04 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

BlueOnBlack21 wrote:
I really enjoyed the race and still cant believe nascar actually raced on dirt. My only complaint was i dont think the caution laps should have counted in the feature. Think the drivers and fans got a bit screwed on the first caution when they just rode it out to end the first segment. Other than that i sure hope they run it again because id love to go some year

I agree it sucked they counted the caution laps, but honestly I think they were probably counting on there be a lot more cautions for wrecks and spun out trucks and break downs and stuff, so they were probably afraid that if they didn't count the caution laps the probably still would have been racing come Thursday sun-up, LOL... I wouldn't be surprised if they run this race again next year they either add more laps or stop counting caution laps...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:09 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I heard Larson was upset because they threw a phantom caution late in the race when he had a big lead over Dillon. What was the deal there?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next