Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:08 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

For the first time in a decade, the fire breathing World of Outlaws STP Sprint Cars will be returning to the famed half-mile Port Royal Speedway during the upcoming 2014 racing season.

The high-profile show is set for Saturday, October 25 at the Juniata County Oval.

“"We are proud to announce this show as the culmination of years worth of negotiations to bring the best in the sprint car business all back together again at Port Royal Speedway,"” says PRS Promotions pointman and Port Royal promoter Steve O'’Neal.

I won't post the press release but should be on the website soon.

Last edited by taurus014 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:27 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I just saw it on FaceBook.Another track the posse can kick some butt !!! :cheers2: :thumbright: :jiggy: :broccoli: :bananadance:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:43 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Port Royal Speedway, you wanted the best, you got em' four abreast! I'm pumped. Thanks to everyone involved for making this happen. Its gonna be a good one!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

This is great news; I find myself finding new ways to applaud Port the improvements and the addition of shows like this. Keep up the good work Port :clap:

/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

2014 RACE COUNTER:
Bloomington: 1
Clinton County: 1
Eldora: 2
Grandview: 1
Kokomo: 1
Lincoln: 3
New Eqypt: 1
Path Valley: 1
Port Royal: 20
Putnamville: 1
Susky: 2
Williams Grove: 6

Total: 40

2013 Total: 51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:28 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

"famed half mile"! LMAO! Williams Grove, sure. But Port Royal, I have to kindly diagree. Historic perhaps, not famed. :thehand:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:22 pm 
Legend
Legend

Why is it here and NOT in sactioned Racing ? I posted there allready :poking: :cheers2:

Kinser #11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:04 pm 
Legend
Legend

World of Outlaws STP Sprint Cars to Invade Port Royal Speedway on Saturday, Oct. 25

Series returns to Pennsylvania half-mile dirt oval for first time in 10 years

CONCORD, N.C. - Jan. 15, 2014 -The World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series will invade Port Royal (Pa.) Speedway on Saturday, October 25, for the first time since 2004.

The event at the half-mile dirt oval in central Pennsylvania will be the final World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series championship race in the Keystone State for 20-time series champion Steve Kinser during his "Salute to the King" season. The race will be the eighth in World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series history at Port Royal, with winners including Donny Schatz (2004), Jason Meyers (2003) Brad Furr (2002), Danny Wood (2001), Doug Wolfgang (1987), Don Kreitz Jr. (1986), and Lynn Paxton (1979).

"We are proud to announce this show as the culmination of years worth of negotiations to bring the best in the sprint car business all back together again at Port Royal Speedway," says PRS Promotions pointman and Port Royal promoter Steve O'Neal. "Port Royal has the greatest fans anywhere and they've really supported us and come back to us over the last three years as we all have worked together to make Port Royal the kind of venue that can now host the World of Outlaws again."

Tickets are scheduled to go on sale to the public Feb. 4 at www.WorldofOutlaws.com/tickets.

"Some of the most passionate sprint car fans anywhere in the world are in Pennsylvania, so we're looking forward to bringing the Outlaws back to Port Royal for the first time in 10 years," said World of Outlaws CEO Brian Carter. "The fans have been asking to see the Outlaws at Port Royal for a long time. We're very excited to return and expand our schedule in Pennsylvania."

The World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series race at Port Royal Speedway is part of the final Northeast swing of the season that includes the Commonwealth Clash on Saturday, Sept. 20, at Lernerville Speedway; the National Open weekend Oct. 3-4 at Williams Grove Speedway; and the World of Outlaws Showdown on Saturday, Oct. 11, at Rolling Wheels Raceway Park in conjunction with NAPA Auto Parts Super DIRT Week.

The Port Royal event will set the stage for the championship-deciding World Finals Nov. 6-7-8 at The Dirt Track at Charlotte.

The World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series kicks off the 2014 season Feb. 14 at Volusia Speedway Park during the DIRTcar Nationals presented by Summit Racing Equipment.

For information about Port Royal Speedway, click www.PortRoyalSpeedway.com. For more on the World of Outlaws, go to www.WorldofOutlaws.com.

Kinser #11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:38 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Likely the last chance to see Steve Kinser race for a lot of us.

http://www.pbase.com/davidm2/
http://davidm.smugmug.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:20 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I'll be there from E.Ohio! :yessss:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:31 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I'll definately be adding it to my schedule. :bdf:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:37 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

DavidM wrote:

Very true. One other thing, Port is one of the very few tracks left in the solar system where he's raced at more than once and hasn't scored a win.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:28 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

CH_88 wrote:
DavidM wrote:

Very true. One other thing, Port is one of the very few tracks left in the solar system where he's raced at more than once and hasn't scored a win.

:thinking: ...... I thought I read that Steve was retiring from full time touring ............... not racing :ahhhh:

I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:11 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

I actually had the Susky Candy Bowl on my schedule for that day, but I've changed that plan already. I'm looking forward to seeing the WoO at Port.

Hmmmm...... can I do the double?!?! Got 10 months to figure it out.

Path Valley - 2 and done for 2014
Williams Grove - 5
Maple Grove - 1 and done for 2014

https://www.facebook.com/brettroseracingengines
Finish Line columnist for The Journal-News Martinsburg,WV

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:31 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I could really care less what Steve Kinser does. Why does it seem that everyone is making such a big deal about him. Yeah he is the King of the Outlaws but as a fan of the PA Posse, when the Outlaws come to town, I want to see one of the locals in victory lane not some invader. Yeah they bring a lot of revenue to the area when their in town. Yeah they pack the grandstands and tracks do well but they are also catered to by giving them the track conditions they prefer. Look who won the National Open...a local driver who knows how to run a wet track. The rain Gods were definitely on the Posse side during the Open with the conditions that had the Outlaws scratching their heads to what setup to run. I for one hope for another year in which the locals take home the big $ and send the outsiders on their way with empty pockets.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:43 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

topwing66$ wrote:
I could really care less what Steve Kinser does. Why does it seem that everyone is making such a big deal about him. Yeah he is the King of the Outlaws but as a fan of the PA Posse, when the Outlaws come to town, I want to see one of the locals in victory lane not some invader. Yeah they bring a lot of revenue to the area when their in town. Yeah they pack the grandstands and tracks do well but they are also catered to by giving them the track conditions they prefer. Look who won the National Open...a local driver who knows how to run a wet track. The rain Gods were definitely on the Posse side during the Open with the conditions that had the Outlaws scratching their heads to what setup to run. I for one hope for another year in which the locals take home the big $ and send the outsiders on their way with empty pockets.

I'm Posse through and through and ALWAYS want a local driver and team combo to get the money. But with that being said, people are making a big deal about Steve Kinser because he flat out deserves it. It's the best driver to ever sit in a sprint car and it's his last year on tour. That's why. It's about respect.

Lincoln - 3
Selinsgrove - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"