Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:41 am 
Rookie
Rookie

And if they would not have raced, people would be bitching becuase the sky was clear. They would have said "Why aren't they racing." Just can't please people. I commend him for trying to get it in.

- Earnest Hemingway

“Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines”

- Enzo Ferrari

That’s the way race people are. If they think anybody’s got money, we’re all hookers.”

- Kyle Petty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:57 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

SLINKMASTERC wrote:
Typical Nugs response. He thinks Barry Jackson is a god and worships the ground he walks on. :poking: :handoverhead:

Thanks for saying what I was thinking. :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:04 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

All Star Circuit of Champions 410 Sprints results from 2/10/14

1. 29-Kerry Madsen[1]
2. 63-Chad Kemanah[3] +1
3. 48-Danny Dietrich[4] +1
4. 59-David Gravel[9] +5
5. 14K-Dale Blaney[5]
6. 27-Greg Hodnett[7] +1
7. 24-Rico Abreu[8] +1
8. 83-Christopher Bell [19] +11
9. 40-Caleb Helms[12] +3
10. 45-Tim Shaffer[11] +1
11. 17B-Steve Buckwalter[10]
12. 10H-Danny Holtgraver[16] +4
13. 1S-Logan Schuchart[17] +4
14. W20-Greg Wilson[13]
15. 77X-Wayne Johnson[20] +5
16. 57X-Andrew Palker[15]
17. 98-Dave Blaney[6]
18. O7-Mark Coldren[22] +4
19. 9W-Jac Haudenschild[2]
20. 59P-Christopher Jones[21] +1
21. 19-Klint Angelette[14]
22. 1A-Jacob Allen[18]
23. 10-Terry Gray[23]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:12 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

oldtimeracer wrote:
And if they would not have raced, people would be bitching becuase the sky was clear. They would have said "Why aren't they racing." Just can't please people. I commend him for trying to get it in.

Well said and I agree 100%. If he would of cancelled and not tried to make any of the shows up the bitching and moaning would of started about the added travel cost to go down a weekend before Volusia and then they cancel and don't make any attempt to race when the forecast was clear the following days. So he does race and certain teams get upset because a track that got rained on for how many days turned out muddy. I also saw where Bubba stated he gave the 11-11k-15 teams free hotel stays and free pit passes then they decided not to race. I applaud the teams who decided to race both shows and the Bubba staff for sticking their necks out and doing everything they could to get the shows in with less than ideal conditions to work with. Most every other track would of cancelled.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Also note as well, some of the drivers who chose to NOT race on Sunday, came back on Tuesday to race. So Bubba had support from teams who opted out on only Sunday nights show. Plus, a few showed up (i.e. Rico Abreu), that were added to the entry list for only Tuesday's show. You will always have fluctuation, just like you see around here in a weekend of racing on the Central Pa circuit. Sunday's track was unfortunate, but Monday, it seemed like a fast tacky surface.

"T-o-p-l-e-s-s.... TOPLESS!!"

"Take a nice cool drink..."

2014 Race Counter

Grandview - 5
Kutztown - 1
Lanco - 3
Port Royal - 2
Reading Fairgrounds - 1
Williams Grove - 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:03 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

I always applaud track that try their best to get a show in. Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:05 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

sprintman84 wrote:
oldtimeracer wrote:

Well said and I agree 100%. If he would of cancelled and not tried to make any of the shows up the bitching and moaning would of started about the added travel cost to go down a weekend before Volusia and then they cancel and don't make any attempt to race when the forecast was clear the following days. So he does race and certain teams get upset because a track that got rained on for how many days turned out muddy. I also saw where Bubba stated he gave the 11-11k-15 teams free hotel stays and free pit passes then they decided not to race. I applaud the teams who decided to race both shows and the Bubba staff for sticking their necks out and doing everything they could to get the shows in with less than ideal conditions to work with. Most every other track would of cancelled.

No doubt he made a business decision as did the teams who chose not to race. The only thing I have a problem with is him bashing those teams over social media. It showed a real lack of professionalism on his part. He did what he felt was best for him and all the teams did what they felt was best for them whether they chose to race or not to race. It was nothing personal until he made it that way. No track owner or promoter should EVER resort to such bush league behavior. I can completely understand him being upset over watching big named teams pack up and leave, especially if what was said about him paying for hotel rooms and stuff was true but that's no excuse to jump on twitter and pop off like a teenager and call people a-holes and babies.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:21 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Great interviews today with Bubba and Sunday night winner Dave Blaney on Winged Nation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 pm 
Racer
Racer

I agree. I'd be ****** too if I bought hotel rooms for certain teams and they slap him in the face by not racing. the MRN interview was great.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:14 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

SLINKMASTERC wrote:
I agree. I'd be ****** too if I bought hotel rooms for certain teams and they slap him in the face by not racing. the MRN interview was great.

I agree also.

- Earnest Hemingway

“Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines”

- Enzo Ferrari

That’s the way race people are. If they think anybody’s got money, we’re all hookers.”

- Kyle Petty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:44 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Track owner has all the liability. Most people just can't handle the truth. Just modern day "hero's" whining when things aren't perfect. Betcha you never heard "Tummy", Mitch or Opperman say " Don't like the track" :ahhh: :ahhhh: :dontknow: