http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup- ... -live.html

Kinser #11

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:48 am 
Legend
Legend

kinserfan11 wrote:
Jeff Gordon won :twisted: but Danica Patrick 7th :clap: :cheers2:

:thumbright: :clap:

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:53 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

A dead clock is right twice a day.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:31 pm 
Legend
Legend

Wow she gets a top 10 on her own and people still hate her :twisted:

Kinser #11

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:23 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

supertc88 wrote:
kinserfan11 wrote:

Whatever one might think of Ms. Patrick as a driver or as a person, I think she deserves credit for one thing - by being the one breaking the barriers and taking both the benefits and burdens of being something of a trailblazer, she (and the other women drivers who came before her) will have taken a lot of the heat off the female drivers that will come along after her.

Imagine, for example, if Larson or Dillon were getting scrutinized as much about their looks, their sex appeal, who they are dating, "representing their gender", having to defend their right to be where they are, etc. as Ms. Patrick does. Even if one benefits from the attention, it's got to get old.

One day, we'll just see "drivers", and not think about anything other than that. When that happens, she'll be among the ones who will deserve some credit for getting us there.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:32 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

I could care less what anatomy she possesses. The fact is, she's been over rated and over hyped since she became a household name. She represents everything that is wrong with NASCAR and this involves men as well, driving ability comes in 2nd to marketability. Its a joke. I have nothing personal against her but she has one win in all these years and it came in an Indy car race on fuel mileage. Is she a better driver than me? Sure but compared to her competition, she sucks. If she looked like Rosie O'Donnell we would've never heard of her. If it were a man in woman's sport getting all those opportunities over far more qualified women simply because he was a man, the feminazis would be all over it.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:58 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I thought she ran really well last night. I want to see her do well. And while she is very marketable it probably helps the most that GoDaddy is willing to foot the lion's share of the bill for her. With that backing she'll be able to drive whatever they can afford and is best for their brand.

Right now, that's NASCAR.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:58 am 
Rookie
Rookie

She is alright as a person but as a driver she sucks. Wow, she gets a top ten and she is next greatest driver. If she was a man based on her performance she would be gone. Let's talk about guys who did better with less funding and beatthe odds. (Lennie Pond, Ron Bouchard, Jody Ridley, and many others) Ten years from now are you going to remember who finished seventh. I don't think so.

Let the women like Erica Enders-Stevens, Courtney Force and Shirley Muldowney get the time they deserve. They at least win.

If she wins it will be a fluke and helped by a fake NAPCAR incident to get her the win to market it. It all falls down to the $$$$$$. If Jenifer Jo Cobb had the money behind her that Danica has she would be a winner.

- Earnest Hemingway

“Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines”

- Enzo Ferrari

That’s the way race people are. If they think anybody’s got money, we’re all hookers.”

- Kyle Petty

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:27 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I like Danica some, but that 7th place finish is being way over hyped. She needs to run like that week in and week out not just once or twice a year.

http://www.pbase.com/davidm2/
http://davidm.smugmug.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:50 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Warthog wrote:
supertc88 wrote:
kinserfan11 wrote:

Whatever one might think of Ms. Patrick as a driver or as a person, I think she deserves credit for one thing - by being the one breaking the barriers and taking both the benefits and burdens of being something of a trailblazer, she (and the other women drivers who came before her) will have taken a lot of the heat off the female drivers that will come along after her.

Imagine, for example, if Larson or Dillon were getting scrutinized as much about their looks, their sex appeal, who they are dating, "representing their gender", having to defend their right to be where they are, etc. as Ms. Patrick does. Even if one benefits from the attention, it's got to get old.

One day, we'll just see "drivers", and not think about anything other than that. When that happens, she'll be among the ones who will deserve some credit for getting us there.

Agreed 100%. I like to see her do well just because everyone hates on her for no valid reason. She's living her dream. If gender and sex appeal helped her get there, so what. That's not her fault. She's not a terrible driver either. There have been worse drivers than her in nascars top circuit. GoDaddy and Go Danica!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

CH_88 wrote:
I could care less what anatomy she possesses. The fact is, she's been over rated and over hyped since she became a household name. She represents everything that is wrong with NASCAR and this involves men as well, driving ability comes in 2nd to marketability. Its a joke. I have nothing personal against her but she has one win in all these years and it came in an Indy car race on fuel mileage. Is she a better driver than me? Sure but compared to her competition, she sucks. If she looked like Rosie O'Donnell we would've never heard of her. If it were a man in woman's sport getting all those opportunities over far more qualified women simply because he was a man, the feminazis would be all over it.

AMEN BROTHER!!!