Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:37 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 12449
Location: keystone state
Jeff Gordon won :twisted: but Danica Patrick 7th :clap: :cheers2:

_________________
Long Live 20 Time World Of Outlaws Champion Steve
Kinser #11


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:41 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 12449
Location: keystone state
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup- ... -live.html

_________________
Long Live 20 Time World Of Outlaws Champion Steve
Kinser #11


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:48 am 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:14 pm
Posts: 14405
Location: PA POSSE Country
kinserfan11 wrote:
Jeff Gordon won :twisted: but Danica Patrick 7th :clap: :cheers2:


:thumbright: :clap:

_________________
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:53 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 996
A dead clock is right twice a day.

_________________
Way she goes.............


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:31 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:09 pm
Posts: 12449
Location: keystone state
Wow she gets a top 10 on her own and people still hate her :twisted:

_________________
Long Live 20 Time World Of Outlaws Champion Steve
Kinser #11


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:23 pm 
Offline
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:25 am
Posts: 475
supertc88 wrote:
kinserfan11 wrote:
Jeff Gordon won :twisted: but Danica Patrick 7th :clap: :cheers2:


:thumbright: :clap:


Whatever one might think of Ms. Patrick as a driver or as a person, I think she deserves credit for one thing - by being the one breaking the barriers and taking both the benefits and burdens of being something of a trailblazer, she (and the other women drivers who came before her) will have taken a lot of the heat off the female drivers that will come along after her.

Imagine, for example, if Larson or Dillon were getting scrutinized as much about their looks, their sex appeal, who they are dating, "representing their gender", having to defend their right to be where they are, etc. as Ms. Patrick does. Even if one benefits from the attention, it's got to get old.

One day, we'll just see "drivers", and not think about anything other than that. When that happens, she'll be among the ones who will deserve some credit for getting us there.

_________________
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:32 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 996
I could care less what anatomy she possesses. The fact is, she's been over rated and over hyped since she became a household name. She represents everything that is wrong with NASCAR and this involves men as well, driving ability comes in 2nd to marketability. Its a joke. I have nothing personal against her but she has one win in all these years and it came in an Indy car race on fuel mileage. Is she a better driver than me? Sure but compared to her competition, she sucks. If she looked like Rosie O'Donnell we would've never heard of her. If it were a man in woman's sport getting all those opportunities over far more qualified women simply because he was a man, the feminazis would be all over it.

_________________
Way she goes.............


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:58 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:16 pm
Posts: 167
I thought she ran really well last night. I want to see her do well. And while she is very marketable it probably helps the most that GoDaddy is willing to foot the lion's share of the bill for her. With that backing she'll be able to drive whatever they can afford and is best for their brand.

Right now, that's NASCAR.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:58 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:38 pm
Posts: 227
Location: any where it is warm
She is alright as a person but as a driver she sucks. Wow, she gets a top ten and she is next greatest driver. If she was a man based on her performance she would be gone. Let's talk about guys who did better with less funding and beatthe odds. (Lennie Pond, Ron Bouchard, Jody Ridley, and many others) Ten years from now are you going to remember who finished seventh. I don't think so.

Let the women like Erica Enders-Stevens, Courtney Force and Shirley Muldowney get the time they deserve. They at least win.

If she wins it will be a fluke and helped by a fake NAPCAR incident to get her the win to market it. It all falls down to the $$$$$$. If Jenifer Jo Cobb had the money behind her that Danica has she would be a winner.

_________________
Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”

- Earnest Hemingway

“Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines”

- Enzo Ferrari

That’s the way race people are. If they think anybody’s got money, we’re all hookers.”

- Kyle Petty


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:27 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:05 pm
Posts: 4957
Location: Ellicott City
I like Danica some, but that 7th place finish is being way over hyped. She needs to run like that week in and week out not just once or twice a year.

_________________
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://www.pbase.com/davidm2/
http://davidm.smugmug.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:50 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4505
Location: 704 Houser St.
Warthog wrote:
supertc88 wrote:
kinserfan11 wrote:
Jeff Gordon won :twisted: but Danica Patrick 7th :clap: :cheers2:


:thumbright: :clap:


Whatever one might think of Ms. Patrick as a driver or as a person, I think she deserves credit for one thing - by being the one breaking the barriers and taking both the benefits and burdens of being something of a trailblazer, she (and the other women drivers who came before her) will have taken a lot of the heat off the female drivers that will come along after her.

Imagine, for example, if Larson or Dillon were getting scrutinized as much about their looks, their sex appeal, who they are dating, "representing their gender", having to defend their right to be where they are, etc. as Ms. Patrick does. Even if one benefits from the attention, it's got to get old.

One day, we'll just see "drivers", and not think about anything other than that. When that happens, she'll be among the ones who will deserve some credit for getting us there.


Agreed 100%. I like to see her do well just because everyone hates on her for no valid reason. She's living her dream. If gender and sex appeal helped her get there, so what. That's not her fault. She's not a terrible driver either. There have been worse drivers than her in nascars top circuit. GoDaddy and Go Danica!

_________________
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:40 pm
Posts: 605
CH_88 wrote:
I could care less what anatomy she possesses. The fact is, she's been over rated and over hyped since she became a household name. She represents everything that is wrong with NASCAR and this involves men as well, driving ability comes in 2nd to marketability. Its a joke. I have nothing personal against her but she has one win in all these years and it came in an Indy car race on fuel mileage. Is she a better driver than me? Sure but compared to her competition, she sucks. If she looked like Rosie O'Donnell we would've never heard of her. If it were a man in woman's sport getting all those opportunities over far more qualified women simply because he was a man, the feminazis would be all over it.



AMEN BROTHER!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group